These Thanksgiving green bean recipes are the best way to get some vegetables on the holiday dinner table! Of course, there are many variations of green bean casserole to choose from, but this versatile vegetable can do so much more! Take a look at this list for a green bean recipe you'll want to serve year after year!
Best Thanksgiving Green Bean Side Dishes To Make
Green beans are a Thanksgiving staple. Be it a classic green bean casserole with crispy fried onions or a bright platter of freshly sauteed green beans.
There are no rules regarding how many green bean recipes can be on one table. You can serve a classic recipe and try something new!
- Best Thanksgiving Green Bean Side Dishes To Make
- Holiday Green Bean Side Dish Recipes
- 1. Fresh Green Bean Casserole
- 2. Green Bean Casserole with Bacon
- 3. Green Beans Almondine
- 4. Crockpot Green Beans and Potatoes
- 5. Sauteed Green Beans
- 6. Roasted Green Beans
- 7. Garlic Green Beans (with Bacon)
- 8. Bacon Cheddar Green Bean Casserole
- 9. Green Beans with Caramelized Onions and Almonds
- 10. Bourbon Green Beans
- 11. Firehouse Green Beans
- 12. Honey Glazed Carrots and Green Beans
- 13. Thanksgiving Green Beans
- 14. Grilled Green Bean Salad
- 15. Green Bean Casserole Bundles
- 🦃 Thanksgiving Menu Planning Ideas
- 📖 Recipe Card
- Thanksgiving Green Bean Recipes: Bacon Cheddar Green Bean Casserole (+More Incredible Side Dishes!)
- Ingredients US CustomaryMetric
- 💬 Reviews
Holiday Green Bean Side Dish Recipes
Green beans deserve an honorary spot on your Thanksgiving table. It's time to find your family's new favorite side dish!
Whether you're a pro at hosting Thanksgiving dinner and holiday parties or giving it a try for the first time this year, you're sure to find my ultimate guide to planning Thanksgiving a help! Don't forget to safely thaw your holiday turkey early, too!
1. Fresh Green Bean Casserole
If you are really looking to impress, this green bean casserole is 100% made from scratch! Don't worry, it still has a crispy fried onion topping.
2. Green Bean Casserole with Bacon
You can use fresh or frozen green beans for this tasty casserole! It's extra cheesy with a crispy breadcrumb and Parmesan topping.
3. Green Beans Almondine
This classic French dish consists of crisp-tender green beans and thinly sliced almonds. It's healthy, absolutely delicious, and adds a lovely pop of color to the holiday dinner spread.
4. Crockpot Green Beans and Potatoes
Anything made in the crockpot is going to be hands-off, which means more time for the main course! The tender potatoes and green beans soak up all the flavor from the chicken broth, garlic, and bacon. It's delicious yet simple!
5. Sauteed Green Beans
Sauteed green beans are incredibly quick and healthy! If you are craving a lighter option, these flavorful green beans are a great choice.
6. Roasted Green Beans
Roasted green beans are another light and flavorful option. You only need a handful of simple ingredients, they are totally stress-free!
7. Garlic Green Beans (with Bacon)
Green beans and bacon are a match made in heaven! Toss in some butter and garlic and you have one tasty side dish that everyone will love.
8. Bacon Cheddar Green Bean Casserole
When you think of classic green bean casserole, this is the amped up version of that great recipe! With cream of mushroom soup and lots of cheddar cheese, canned green beans, and a crispy fried onion and bacon topping.
9. Green Beans with Caramelized Onions and Almonds
Caramelized onions add bold flavor to these perfectly cooked green beans. Slivered almonds add a fabulous crunch!
These skillet green beans have a little spice and a lot of flavor! Bourbon and brown sugar help mellow the heat and add a depth of flavor that makes these green beans hard to beat!
11. Firehouse Green Beans
This 10-minute green bean recipe is packed full of flavor! The savory blend of Parmesan, garlic, green beans, and bacon will keep you coming back for more.
12. Honey Glazed Carrots and Green Beans
Two veggies in one side dish! The honey glazed on these carrots and green beans pairs wonderfully with turkey or ham.
13. Thanksgiving Green Beans
This green bean recipe is almost like a mix of stuffing, green bean casserole, and green bean almondine. It is loaded with croutons, Monterey Jack cheese, mushrooms, bacon, almonds, and the secret ingredient: dill weed.
14. Grilled Green Bean Salad
Smoky charred green beans pair fabulously with lemony white beans. This unique salad adds a bright and refreshing flavor to the table.
15. Green Bean Casserole Bundles
Get your green bean casserole fix with these elegant little bundles. They are stuffed with cream of mushroom soup, fried onions, and wrapped in bacon.
Bonus: You can make them in the air fryer if you are short on oven space!
🦃 Thanksgiving Menu Planning Ideas
- Thanksgiving Menu Ideas for 4 - If you are keeping the guest list small this year, this menu is just what you need!
- Elegant Thanksgiving Menu Ideas - Gourmet Thanksgiving recipes for hosting an epic feast!
- Buffet Thanksgiving Menu Ideas - The best recipes for setting up a buffet spread where guests can serve themselves.
- Southern Thanksgiving Menu - Southern Thanksgiving recipes that will have everyone returning for seconds.
- Thanksgiving Ham Dinner Menu Ideas - If you plan on serving ham this year, these recipes will complement your main course wonderfully!
- Thanksgiving Potato Side Dishes - Potato lovers rejoice because this list has all the best holiday potato side dishes in one place!
These Thanksgiving green bean recipes are the missing piece to your holiday dinner spread! Be sure to let me know in the comments if you gave any of these recipes a try!
Do you love a recipe you tried? Please leave a 5-star 🌟rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page.
Stay in touch with me through social media @ Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter! Subscribe to the newsletter today (no spam, I promise)! Don't forget to tag me when you try one of my recipes!
📖 Recipe Card
Thanksgiving Green Bean Recipes: Bacon Cheddar Green Bean Casserole (+More Incredible Side Dishes!)
- 10.5 oz condensed cream of mushroom soup (10 ½ ounce can)
- 29 oz green beans (2 14 ½ ounce cans, drained)
- 1 cup milk
- 3 slices bacon (cooked and sliced)
- ½ cup cheddar cheese (+¼ cup additional for the top, optional)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 ⅓ cups fried onions (divided - two ⅔ cup portions)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Fry your bacon and when cool slice. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine condensed soup, drained green beans, milk, soy sauce, the first ⅔ cup portion of fried onions, black pepper, and ½ cup of cheese. Mix well.
- Pour mixture into a 9x13 baking dish.
- Add the optional ¼ cup additional cheese, the second ⅔ cup portion of fried onions, then sprinkle sliced cooked bacon over.
- Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!
- The amount can easily be adjusted to double the recipe and still serve this dish in a 9x13 baking pan.
- I prefer to use all of my fried onions as a topping, but when you do this you will have a creamier casserole (the onions typically soak up some of the liquid).
- You can mix the ingredients directly in your baking dish if desired.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!