Fluffy, easy-to-make ham & cheese omelet roll is the perfect combination of tender, baked eggs rolled with delicious ham and cheese! It’s perfect for a family breakfast, special occasion, or Mother's Day brunch, or really any time of day!
Cheesy, savory, and soft – my ham & cheese omelet roll is absolute perfection!
I love eggs for breakfast or brunch! They’re easy, versatile, and crowd-pleasing! Also known as a roulade, my fluffy, cheesy, savory ham & cheese omelet roll really takes it up a notch!
I blend eggs with milk, Dijon mustard, and decadent cream cheese until completely smooth. Then, I bake the eggs until they’re perfectly set, and fill them with loads of rich ham and cheddar cheese.
Roll it up, melt the cheese until it’s nice and gooey, and it's breakfast perfection!
My favorite way to enjoy this delightfully easy, fluffy omelet roll is garnished with a few chopped chives and hollandaise sauce to make it extra rich and decadent. Serve with your favorite sides for breakfast and you’ve got an amazing, filling breakfast or brunch!
This recipe is so easy too! Baking the eggs makes it so you don’t have to babysit the eggs on the stove, and the roll is the perfect size and shape for rolling! This recipe is so easy, you and your family will want it every weekend!
❤️ Why You'll Love This Recipe!
Super Easy! I love baking the eggs in the oven, it makes this dish so easy! They set up perfectly and are easy to roll!
Filled with Delicious Ingredients! I load this omelet with savory ham and sharp cheddar cheese! The classic flavors make the perfect omelet roll!
Extremely Versatile! Omelet rolls can be filled with nearly any ingredient! From meats to veggies, to cheese—pick your favorite flavor combo and it’s sure to taste good in this omelet roll!
My fluffy omelet roll uses simple, delicious ingredients to make an amazing brunch! Omelet rolls are just so satisfying!
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese – The cream cheese must be softened to room temperature to be able to blend well with the eggs! 4 ounces is ½ an 8-ounce block.
- ¾ cup Milk – You can use whatever milk you prefer for this recipe! I typically use whole milk or 2% milk.
- 2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard – I just love the zesty flavor that Dijon gives the omelet. I recommend using Dijon mustard instead of yellow mustard as the flavor is much better.
- 12 large Eggs – The eggs must be at room temperature so they can blend with the milk and cream cheese. This will also help them to whip more easily, which will give us a fluffier omelet!
- ¼ teaspoon Salt – Just a little salt is needed to season our egg mixture. You can adjust per your taste, but don’t add too much!
- 2 ¼ cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese – Shred your own or use pre-shredded! This should be divided into 3 portions: 1 cup, 1 cup, and ¼ cup.
- 2 cups Ham – The ham should be fully cooked and finely diced! Bonus points if you’re using a delicious leftover glazed holiday ham!
- 1 tablespoon Fresh, Chopped Chives – Chives are the perfect garnish for eggs! This is optional, but I recommend it!
*Be sure to see the recipe card below for ingredients, amounts & instructions!*
🔪 Step-By-Step Instructions
Using an oven to make this omelet roll makes the dish so easy! Make sure your oven is fully preheated so the eggs don’t take too long to cook!
Mix Eggs & Bake
- Prep. Start the omelet roll by preheating your oven to 375°F (190°C). Then, line a 10x15 or 11x14 baking dish with a layer of parchment paper, leaving enough to hang over the sides as handles. Then, grease the parchment and baking dish with butter, oil, or non-stick spray.
- Mix Omelet Batter. In a large bowl, stir 4 ounces of cream cheese until smooth, then add ¾ cup of milk and 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard. Whisk until well combined! Next, add 12 large eggs and ¼ teaspoon of salt and whisk until smooth, light, and frothy!
- Bake Omelet. Transfer the egg mixture into your prepared baking dish and bake at 375°F (190°C) for 30 to 35 minutes. When finished, the eggs should be puffy and set. Next, remove from the oven and using the parchment, lift the eggs onto a working surface.
Fill & Roll the Omelet
- Add Filling. Immediately add the first 1 cup portion of shredded cheddar cheese on top of the baked eggs. Add 2 cups of diced ham, then top with the second 1 cup portion of shredded cheese.
- Roll Omelet. Starting with one end, roll the egg and fillings, working toward the opposite end and peeling back the parchment paper as you go. Place the rolled omelet onto the center of the peeled parchment paper and top with the remaining ¼ cup portion of shredded cheese.
- Finish Omelet Roll. Return the omelet roll to your oven and melt the cheese, about 4 to 5 minutes. Once done, sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of chopped, fresh chives and serve immediately.
My fluffy ham & cheese omelet roll is the perfect breakfast or brunch! I like to serve these savory slices with fresh, creamy hollandaise sauce.
💭 Angela's Tips & Recipe Notes
- Omelet Rolls work with almost any filling! For a vegetarian option, try filling with sauteed mushrooms, spinach, and shredded Swiss or Gruyere cheese!
- The key to a perfectly textured omelet roll is to make the egg mixture as smooth and well-blended as possible. Make sure your eggs are room temperature and completely blended/emulsified!
- Bake the omelet roll just until it’s set! You don’t want the omelet to be hard to roll and over-baking the omelet can dry it out and make it tougher to roll up.
- Don’t skip the cream cheese! It makes the omelet more flavorful, tender, and creamy. It’s so worth adding!
🥡 Storing & Reheating
Have leftovers of this easy omelet roll? You can store leftovers in an airtight container or storage bag. It’ll keep in your fridge for 3 to 4 days. After that, it’ll start to lose its quality.
You can also freeze omelet rolls! Wrap the cooled slices of omelet roll in plastic cling film, then place in a freezer storage bag. Make sure to label the slices, then store in the freezer for up to 3 months!
Reheating An Omelet Roll
You can easily reheat this fluffy omelet roll in the microwave to keep it moist! Reheat leftovers or frozen slices by placing them on a microwave-safe plate, then cover with a moist paper towel.
Microwave at 30-second intervals until the omelet roll is fully reheated.
🍳 Other Great Breakfast Recipes
My super easy, cheesy omelet roll makes 12 servings! That’s about 1 egg per person and a slightly larger than 1-inch slice per person. You can also make the slices of omelet roll as big as you want!
I love how simple it is to bake the omelet roll in the oven, but if you’ve got a large skillet, you can try it on the stovetop! It’s much easier to bake the eggs in the oven, so I recommend trying the oven version for a stress-free omelet bake!
Do you love a recipe you tried? Please leave a 5-star 🌟rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page.
Stay in touch with me through social media @ Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter! Don't forget to tag me when you try one of my recipes!
Omelet Roll (Ham & Cheese Roulade Breakfast or Brunch)
- 4 oz cream cheese (softened, at room temperature - ½ an 8-ounce block)
- ¾ cup milk (whole milk or 2% milk)
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 12 large eggs (at room temperature)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 ¼ cups cheddar cheese (shredded - divided into 3 portions of 1 cup, 1 cup, and ¼ cup)
- 2 cups ham (fully cooked, finely diced)
- 1 tablespoon chives (optional, chopped)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a 10x15 or 11x14 baking dish with parchment paper, leaving enough to hang over the sides as handles. Grease the paper and sides of your baking dish.
- Mix the cream cheese until smooth then add the milk and Dijon mustard and whisk until well combined. Add the eggs and salt and whisk until smooth, well combined, and light.4 oz cream cheese, ¾ cup milk, 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard, 12 large eggs, ¼ teaspoon salt
- Transfer the egg mixture into your prepared baking dish and bake at 375°F (190°C) for 30-35 minutes. The eggs should be puffy and set. Remove from the oven and lift from the pan onto a working surface.
- Immediately add the first 1 cup portion of shredded cheddar cheese on top of the baked eggs. Add the diced ham then top it with the second 1 cup portion of shredded cheese.2 ¼ cups cheddar cheese, 2 cups ham
- Roll the egg and fillings starting on one end and working toward the opposite end, peeling back the parchment paper as you go. Place the rolled omelet onto the center of the peeled parchment paper and top with the remaining ¼ cup portion of shredded cheese.
- Return the omelet roll to your oven and melt the cheese, about 4-5 minutes. Once done, sprinkle with chopped fresh chives and serve immediately.1 tablespoon chives
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!