These Easter cakes are beautiful to look at, absolutely delicious, and a perfect way to finish off your holiday meal this Easter Sunday! This list includes both traditional cakes as well as fun cakes that the kids will love! No matter which one you choose, it is sure to be a winner for your family!
Best Easter Cake Recipes
These Easter cakes are all perfect for celebrating the holiday with both your family and friends! You'll see traditional recipes such as carrot cake and simnel cake as well as fun and cute cakes!
Not only are they delicious, but most of them are even beginner-friendly! Go ahead and pick out your favorite recipe and then give it a try this Easter!
These beautiful and delicious cakes are perfect for Easter!
- Easter Basket Cupcakes
- Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake
- Carrot Cake
- Tres Leches Cake
- Preachers Cake
- Easter Simnel Cake
- Hummingbird Cake
- Bunny Mocha Swiss Roll
- Pastel Bunny Cake
- Lemon Poppy Seed Cake
- Best Easter Cake Recipes
- 1. Easter Basket Cupcakes
- 2. Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake
- 3. Carrot Cake
- 4. Tres Leches Cake
- 5. Preachers Cake
- 6. Easter Simnel Cake
- 7. Hummingbird Cake
- 8. Bunny Mocha Swiss Roll
- 9. Pastel Bunny Cake
- 10. Lemon Poppy Seed Cake
- 11. Peter Rabbit Cake
- 12. Carrot Cookie Cake
- 13. Easter Celebration Cake
- 14. Easter Egg Cake
- 15. Peeps Garden Cake
- 16. Bunny Cake
- 17. Egg Surprise Cake
- 18. Easter Lamb Cake
- 19. Bunny KitKat Cake
- 20. Spring Daisy Lemon Cake
- 21. Easter Nest Torte
- 22. Bunny Cookie Cake
- 23. Hippity Hop Bunny Cake
- 24. Buttercream Egg Cake
- 25. Raspberry Lemon Cake
- 26. Ombre Cake
- 27. Forest Friends Cake
- 28. Bunny Mini Cakes
- 29. Cadbury Egg Cheesecake
- 🐰 More Easter Treats
- 📋 Recipe
1. Easter Basket Cupcakes
Tasty homemade cupcakes are topped with green frosting to look like grass and then feature some candy eggs! It's just like going on an Easter egg hunt (but much more delicious)!
2. Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake
Pineapple upside-down cake is light, refreshing, and super popular! All of the tropical flavors will get you in the mood for warmer weather that is just around the corner!
3. Carrot Cake
You can't welcome spring without enjoying some homemade carrot cake! Topped with some rich cream cheese frosting- what's not to love?
4. Tres Leches Cake
This incredibly moist cake is soaked in a mixture of sweetened condensed milk, whole milk, and evaporated milk. It is then topped with an easy, homemade whipped topping!
5. Preachers Cake
Preacher's cake is packed with tons of different flavors- from pineapple and coconut to walnuts and even cream cheese frosting! Additionally, it's a snap to make!
6. Easter Simnel Cake
This traditional type of fruitcake is layered with marzipan and topped with 11 marizpan balls to signify Jesus' disciples. This cake is most popular in the United Kingdom.
7. Hummingbird Cake
Hummingbird cake is a Southern classic! Imagine combining some banana bread and carrot cake for a flavor-packed dessert that the whole family will enjoy!
8. Bunny Mocha Swiss Roll
This classic Swiss roll has a festive twist with some fun bunny stamps! The cake has a nice mocha flavor, but you could easily swap it out for your favorite flavor!
9. Pastel Bunny Cake
This bunny-shaped cake is decorated using a star tip and multiple springtime colors! It's so cute that it would be great for baby showers, Easter, or even a young child's birthday!
10. Lemon Poppy Seed Cake
This bright cake is loaded with citrus flavor and layered with strawberries! It is light, refreshing, and oh-so-sweet!
11. Peter Rabbit Cake
This bunny cake can be completely made and decorated ahead of time so that you won't have to worry about it on Easter! Not only is it cute, but it is also super yummy!
12. Carrot Cookie Cake
Believe it or not, this "cake" is actually a giant cookie! In fact, it is just spiced cookies that have been layered with whipped cream for a fun and cute twist!
13. Easter Celebration Cake
This super fun cake is decorated with multiple colors of frosting and uses different piping tips. Top it off with some Peeps and it's ready to enjoy!
14. Easter Egg Cake
This beautiful cake features pastel flowers and speckled eggs! You can easily customize the flavors for both the cake and the frosting! Just opt for a light color so that the pastel decorations can really shine!
15. Peeps Garden Cake
This adorable garden cake uses a boxed cake mix for an extra easy (and cute) Easter cake! Plus, this super simple cake is perfect for letting the kids help decorate!
16. Bunny Cake
This unique bunny cake features coconut cake, homemade buttercream, and coconut shavings to represent some fluffy fur! However, you can easily make the cake in any of your favorite flavors!
17. Egg Surprise Cake
This cake is made so much sweeter by loading it up with candy on the inside! Fill it up with chocolate eggs, sprinkles, or any of your favorite treats!
18. Easter Lamb Cake
Many people think of bunnies when it comes to Easter, but lambs are also symbolic of both spring and Easter! This special cake is almost too cute to eat!
19. Bunny KitKat Cake
This sweet cake is loaded with candy! From KitKats around the border to a topping of M&Ms, it's easy to see why everyone will love this cake! Plus, it is so much easier to make than you might think!
20. Spring Daisy Lemon Cake
This floral cake is perfect for springtime! Lemon zest adds a punch of citrus flavor while the elegant flowers make it a fantastic option for Easter!
21. Easter Nest Torte
If you are looking for a dessert that is incredibly rich and decadent, then this is the one for you! It features a sweet chocolate cake with chocolate mousse and twigs that are also made from chocolate!
22. Bunny Cookie Cake
This cake is so easy to customize and make it your own! You can make the cookies and cake from scratch or opt for using store-bought ones to make this recipe even easier!
23. Hippity Hop Bunny Cake
This Easter cake is as cute as it gets! You can easily prepare the cake itself ahead of time and then decorate it when you're ready!
24. Buttercream Egg Cake
If you're intimidated by the thought of whipping up a cute cake for Easter- this is one of the easiest ones on the list! Make a simple sheet cake and frost it with your favorite frosting. Then, just use sprinkles to make a pretty egg!
25. Raspberry Lemon Cake
Move away from standard Easter cakes and opt for this ultra-refreshing raspberry lemon cake! It is loaded with fluffy cake, raspberries, homemade lemon curd, and creamy frosting!
26. Ombre Cake
This easy-to-make cake doesn't require any difficult or fancy decorations. Simply divide and color the cake batter for a beautiful ombre effect!
27. Forest Friends Cake
If you consider yourself a seasoned baker and love decorating desserts then this is the cake you need to whip up this Easter! It's three tiers of some adorable critters!
28. Bunny Mini Cakes
Who needs cupcakes when you can enjoy these vibrant mini cakes? Simply bake some sheet cakes in your favorite colors and then use a round cutter to cut out some circles! Layer them up with frosting and they are all set!
29. Cadbury Egg Cheesecake
Cadbury eggs are probably the most popular Easter candy around! Of course, this cheesecake is topped with them!
Which of these fun Easter cakes was your favorite? Leave a comment down below and let me know which one you want to make for Easter!
>>>>See all of my recipes HERE<<<<
🐰 More Easter Treats
- Easter Fudge Covered Oreos - Classic Oreo cookies are dunked in chocolate and then decorated with festive sprinkles!
- Easter Basket Cookies - These tasty cookies use shredded coconut to look just like an Easter basket!
- Easter Peeps Nests - These fun Easter nests use no-bake cookies for an extra easy and delicious treat!
- Peanut Butter Filled Cupcakes - Rich, chocolate cupcakes are both filled and topped with a sweet peanut butter buttercream frosting!
- Divinity - Light and fluffy homemade candy that is perfect for any occasion!
- Peach Galette - Pastry crust is topped with tons of peaches and then baked in the oven for a delicious fruit-based treat!
Easter Cakes: Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Buttercream Frosting (+More Tasty Recipes!)
- ¾ cup coconut oil
- 4 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups light brown sugar (packed)
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon orange peel (dried)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups carrots, grated (3-4 medium to large carrots)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cake flour
- Prepare your 8 inch round cake pans using a non-stick cooking spray or greasing them and coating in flour (which is our preferred method, when saving time we use the baking spray from Wilton called 'Bake Easy').
- In a large mixing bowl, or the bowl of your stand mixer, combine coconut oil, eggs, vanilla extract and whisk to combine.
- Add the sugar, baking powder, baking soda, spices (ground cinnamon, ground ginger, ground nutmeg), dried orange peel, and salt then combine thoroughly.
- Add the unsweetened applesauce and grated carrots, stir until all of the carrots are moistened and evenly distributed in the wet batter.
- Add the all-purpose flour and stir until just combined, do not over-mix the carrot cake batter. Batter will be wet slash runny and lumpy.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pans, distributing the batter evenly between the two cake pans. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25-28 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cakes to cool slightly in the pain before inverting them to transfer to a wire cooling rack. Allow the carrot cake layers to cool completely before frosting them.
Cream Cheese Buttercream Frosting
- In a large bowl, or the bowl of your stand mixer, cream together the cream cheese and (softened, room temperature) butter with a hand mixer or your stand mixer.
- Add vanilla bean paste and confectioners sugar (you can add all at once, but I like to add about half, combine the ingredients, then add the remaining half and combine until done). *If your frosting is too runny, add more confectioners sugar. If it is too firm to spread easily on your cake, then drizzle some heavy cream in gradually until you achieve your desired consistency.
Assembling your Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Buttercream Frosting
- If necessary, cut any excess 'dome' from the tops of your layers so that the cake layers are even. Stack your cake with the first layer face down, giving you a nice, smooth surface to work with.
- On the first cake layer, add enough frosting for a roughly ¼ inch layer (more or less, depending on your preference) and smooth to the edges of the cake layer using a straight or offset spatula.
- Stack the second cake layer and add more frosting (for a thicker top layer) and spread evenly over the top. Spread a thin layer on the sides and scrape evenly for a semi-exposed 'naked' look, if desired.
- Place walnuts in a ziplog bag and crush slightly, sprinkle the walnuts on the top center of frosted cake.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!