Here's what to serve with cod fish so you can have a wonderfully tasty well-rounded meal any day of the week! From vegetable sides to sauces and even mac and cheese, there is something for everyone! Keep on reading to find out the best recipes to serve alongside your favorite cod fish dishes!
What To Serve With Cod
Cod is a white fish that comes from the same family as pollock and haddock. It is mild and easy to cook, making it great for new chefs.
Whether it be blackened, baked, or smothered in lemon butter sauce- I love enjoying some tasty cod for dinner! Not sure what to pair with your favorite cod recipe? Take a look below at our list of amazing side dish options!
- What To Serve With Cod
- 1. Southern Coleslaw
- 2. Baked Zucchini Fries
- 3. Lemon Butter Sauce For Fish
- 4. Roasted Okra
- 5. Crockpot Mac and Cheese
- 6. Buttered Peas and Carrots
- 7. Roasted Red Potato Wedges
- 8. Cajun Fries
- 9. Pea & Mint Risotto
- 10. Grilled Corn on the Cob
- 11. Cajun Dipping Sauce
- 💡 More 'What To Serve' Collections
- 📋 Recipe
If you want to learn more about this tasty fish, check out my post all about cod fish!
1. Southern Coleslaw
I love this recipe for southern coleslaw. This dish is creamy, crunchy, and perfectly flavored!
Serve our southern coleslaw with fried or baked cod, and you won't be disappointed!
2. Baked Zucchini Fries
Baked zucchini fries are the perfect alternative to regular French fries. These zucchini fries are healthy and flavorful.
Serve these fries up with your favorite cod recipe, and you have the perfect fish and chips meal.
3. Lemon Butter Sauce For Fish
Sauce is life, right? I eat almost every meal with some type of delicious sauce, which is why this lemon butter sauce for fish is a must-have!
Top your favorite cod recipe with this sauce, and you will scrape your plate clean.
4. Roasted Okra
Roasted okra is a healthy side dish that is packed full of flavor. This delicious roasted okra is seasoned with garlic and is wonderfully tender and crisp.
Pair this roasted okra with your favorite cod recipe and have a healthy and filling meal.
5. Crockpot Mac and Cheese
Crockpot mac and cheese is one of my favorite comfort-food side dishes! It is creamy, cheesy, and savory- all in one pot!
Serve this creamy mac and cheese with fried cod, and you will have everyone waiting in line for a second serving!
6. Buttered Peas and Carrots
Buttered peas and carrots is a simple side dish that blends together perfectly. You will love every last bite of this fresh and buttery recipe.
Pair this buttered blend with your favorite cod recipe and relax while you watch everyone clean their plates!
7. Roasted Red Potato Wedges
Roasted red potato wedges are perfectly crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Talk about the perfect side dish!
Throw a pile of these wedges with some fried cod into a basket and serve it at your next fish fry!
8. Cajun Fries
Cajun fries are the perfect way to make French fries. They are crisp and warm with just the right amount of zesty seasoning.
Serve these Cajun fries with your favorite fried cod and have yourself a fish and chips night!
9. Pea & Mint Risotto
Pea & mint risotto is unique and flavorful. This risotto dish is earthy, hearty, and warm.
Top this risotto with a piece of perfectly cooked cod fish and have a gourmet meal in your own kitchen.
10. Grilled Corn on the Cob
Grilled corn on the cob is great in the summer months, but can be eaten all year long if you want!
Serve this savory corn on the cob with a piece of grilled cod at your next summer barbecue.
11. Cajun Dipping Sauce
Cajun dipping sauce is the perfect blend of herbs and spices. It has tangy lemon juice and heat from the hot sauce, making it zesty and delicious.
Serve this on the side of a giant basket of fried cod strips!
What side dishes do you serve with your cod? Did you pick one of our perfect recipes or do you have one of your own? Let us know in the comments below!
💡 More 'What To Serve' Collections
- What To Serve With Fish - Check out this collection for more fantastic ideas to pair with all of your favorite fish recipes!
- What To Serve With Pizza - Pizza is tasty by itself, but add on some awesome sides for the best pizza party!
- What To Serve With Beef Ribs - From veggies to comfort food, this collection has something for everyone to go with some savory ribs!
- What To Serve With Spaghetti & Meatballs - Spaghetti & meatballs is a classic family meal, check out these perfect side dishes!
- What To Serve With Grilled Cheese - This quick and easy sandwich deserves some side dishes that are just as tasty!
- What To Serve With Fried Chicken - Here are 15+ ideas to go perfectly with your next bucket of fried chicken!
What To Serve With Cod Fish: Crockpot Mac and Cheese (+Other Tasty Ideas!)
- 1 pound elbow macaroni (uncooked)
- 2 ½ cups milk (whole milk is best)
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 4 oz cream cheese (up to 8 ounces for extra creamy mac and cheese)
- 3 cups sharp cheddar (freshly shredded, not pre-packaged shredded)
- 1 cup American cheese (freshly shredded, not processed slices- or Monterrey cheese.)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup butter (cut into cubes)
- Spray your crockpot with non-stick cooking spray. Rinse the uncooked macaroni noodles under cool water and drain.1 pound elbow macaroni
- Place the uncooked pasta in your crockpot. Then, add milk, evaporated milk, all cheeses (cream cheese, cheddar, and American), and seasonings (salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder). Stir to combine.2 ½ cups milk, 12 ounces evaporated milk, 4 oz cream cheese, 3 cups sharp cheddar, 1 cup American cheese, 1 teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon black pepper, ¼ teaspoon onion powder, ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Make sure macaroni noodles are as submerged in liquid as possible. Spread cubes of butter over the top of everything.¼ cup butter
- Replace the lid to your crockpot and cook on low for 1 hour. Then, remove the lid and stir. Check pasta for doneness, depending on your crockpot it may take 1-2 more hours. If not done, continue cooking and check a piece of pasta for doneness every 30 minutes.
- Mac and cheese is done when the pasta is tender and the cheese sauce is thick and creamy. Serve immediately.
- For best results, rinse the pasta under cool running water until the water runs clear and no longer has a milky appearance.
- Using freshly shredded cheese is essential in getting creamy macaroni and cheese! The pre-shredded packaged cheese is coated in preservatives to keep it from sticking together or melting properly.
- The age, make, and model of your crockpot can affect the cooking time. So, it is normal for cooking time to vary some.
- The easiest way to find fresh American cheese is to ask for it from the deli counter at your local grocery store!
- Your cheese sauce will thicken up if you remove the lid and let it set for 10-15 minutes before serving.
- You may leave your crockpot on warm for up to 2 hours for easy serving.
- Store leftovers in a shallow, airtight container. Mac and cheese will last for up to 3-5 days in the fridge.
- Reheat in the microwave in short 30-second intervals, stirring between. Add more milk as needed. Or heat over low on the stovetop in a small saucepan.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!