Peanut butter cookies meet banana bread in these fantastic Peanut Butter Banana Cookies! If you are a fan of everything peanut butter banana-ish, then you are sure to love these easy to make cookies!
In addition to being a tasty treat, they are almost healthy enough to call a snack more than a dessert. And it’s so nice to have a few healthier alternatives to offer our daughter, rather than our usual decadent desserts!
If you are one of those that is always looking for something new to try with your perfectly browned overripe bananas, this is a perfect cookie to try out!
These banana-rich cookies don’t require being chilled, and will turn out soft and moist with a somewhat cake-like texture.
If you prefer your cookies thinner and a bit more chewy, simply add a touch of honey (and I love honey with peanut butter and bananas anyway, yum!).
Serve your peanut butter banana cookies up within minutes of baking with a nice glass of milk and enjoy!
You Might Also Like These Banana Recipes…
- Banana Blueberry Muffins
- Apple Banana Muffins
- Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- Super Moist Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Chocolate and Banana Marbled Mini Cakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
- Banana Bread with Streusel Topping
Peanut Butter Banana Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 large egg (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup bananas (2 medium mashed overripe bananas)
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg (or cinnamon)
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp coarse sugar or sugar crystals (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and line your baking sheet(s) with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and brown sugar until fluffy and light. Add the remaining wet ingredients (egg, peanut butter, mashed banana and vanilla extract) and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add the baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg then stir to combine. Add the flour and mix until the flour is just incorporated (do not over mix!) into the wet ingredients.
- Drop the peanut butter banana cookie dough in heaping tablespoonfuls of dough onto your baking sheet (you can roll them into 1-1 1/2" balls, i just pinch the edges to form a rough ball). Make your criss-cross marks on the top using a fork (if desired) and sprinkle with coarse sugar or sugar crystals.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 8-10 minutes or until the bottoms of your peanut butter banana cookies turn slightly golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet (cookies will be super soft) before transferring to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma’s kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!