Who wouldn’t love these fabulously fruity Apple Banana Muffins with Streusel Topping?! So much good and delicious fruit flavors, then topped with just enough brown sugar streusel topping to add a bit of perfectly sweet crunchiness!
Everyone in the family absolutely loves when these apple banana muffins are cooked up fresh, and served soft and warm right out of the oven…they don’t last long!
This is one of those recipes that is just so easy to make, you’ll never want to buy bakery muffins or muffin mix again! You will love the results and then you will come back and thank us here for our adjustable recipes (because it makes it so easy to double the recipe!!) 😉
These are a frequent quick breakfast in our home, and when our local grocery store offers over-ripe bananas for $0.39/lb on a pretty regular basis there’s no need whatsoever to wait for my morning bananas to turn soft, sweet, and brown-spotted.
Apple Banana Muffins with Streusel Topping
- 3 bananas (large, over-ripe)
- 2 large eggs (beaten)
- 2 apples (medium, semi-sweet apple variety)
- 1/3 cup butter (melted, or vegetable oil - coconut oil is best)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste (or extract)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 3/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1 portion brown sugar streusel recipe (see recipe)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and grease, butter, or spray muffin pan(s) with non-stick cooking spray. You can also use the paper muffin liners.
- Melt the butter (or use oil, we prefer coconut oil) and allow to cool slightly while mashing your over-ripe bananas. Mix in the beaten eggs.
- Chop apples by hand or use a food processor, if desired. Add finely chopped apples (we use honeycrisp the most, also braeburn and galas) to the mashed bananas and stir until evenly distributed through the banana mixture.
- Add the melted butter or oil, stir to combine. Then add sugar, vanilla bean paste, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix thoroughly, then add the flour and combine until the flour is fully mixed in to make a lumpy batter.
- Fill muffin pan or liner 2/3 full and top with the brown sugar streusel crumb topping mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the muffin center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the muffin pan for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack to cool completely. Serve while still warm, if desired.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma’s kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!