These elegant Thanksgiving menu ideas include gourmet recipes for making an incredible 5-star dinner at home! Though these dishes may be fancier than your typical Thanksgiving meal, many are no more complicated than a traditional recipe! Try out this sophisticated holiday fare and your family will savor every bite.
Gourmet Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes
If you want to impress when it's your year to host Thanksgiving, these recipes are sure to do just that! These gourmet versions of classic holiday recipes are beautiful to look at and even better to eat.
Many of these recipes are fairly simple. Just remember, if your dinner menu looks this good you might have to host Thanksgiving every year!
- Gourmet Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes
- Elegant Thanksgiving Menu Ideas For A Gourmet Holiday Meal
- 1. Herbes De Provence Roasted Turkey
- 2. Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- 3. Roasted Acorn Squash
- 4. Parmesan Roasted Mashed Potatoes
- 5. Honey Glazed Carrots
- 6. Apple Cider Cranberry Sauce
- 7. Roasted Butternut Squash
- 8. Pumpkin Flan
- 9. Mimosa Mocktail
- 10. Green Bean Almondine
- 11. Fresh Green Bean Casserole From Scratch
- 12. Sweet Potato Biscuits
- 13. Beet Salad
- 14. Pimento Cheese Deviled Eggs
- 15. Mashed Cauliflower with Parmesan
- 16. Pumpkin Pecan Tart
- 🦃 More Thanksgiving Menu Ideas
- 📋 Recipe
Whether you're a pro at hosting Thanksgiving dinner and holiday parties or giving it a try for the first time this year, you're sure to find my ultimate guide to planning Thanksgiving a help! Don't forget to safely thaw your holiday turkey early too!
Elegant Thanksgiving Menu Ideas For A Gourmet Holiday Meal
It's the time of year to treat yourself and your family. Choose a few recipes off of this list or try them all for the ultimate Thanksgiving dinner!
1. Herbes De Provence Roasted Turkey
Elevate your turkey dinner with this buttery herbes de provence roasted turkey! It's perfectly moist and the skin is delightfully crispy!
The secret is all in using a French herb blend called herbes de provence. It's used to make an herbaceous seasoned butter that is rubbed all over the bird, inside and out!
2. Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
Wrapping anything in bacon automatically makes it more formal! This bacon-wrapped asparagus recipe is an incredibly easy way to elevate a simple side dish.
All it takes is a few extra minutes of delicately wrapping the asparagus spears and some salt & pepper. You won't want to eat asparagus any other way!
3. Roasted Acorn Squash
Acorn squash is the perfect elegant side dish for any fall meal. It's roasted until tender with butter, honey, and cinnamon, which is a wonderful flavor combination for this time of year.
You can even cut corners and make acorn squash in the microwave (no one will know)!
4. Parmesan Roasted Mashed Potatoes
Mashed potatoes are key to any Thanksgiving menu but these Parmesan roasted mashed potatoes really take it up a notch! The potatoes are full of melted mozzarella and Parmesan cheese!
Not only that but these potatoes are topped with a crunchy blend of breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese! You won't even need gravy!
5. Honey Glazed Carrots
Honey-glazed carrots are a deceptively easy side dish that will fit any gourmet spread! Their sweetness and herbaceous fragrance pair perfectly with ham, turkey, or other poultry around the holidays.
These carrots take less than 30 minutes to make, so you can focus your time and effort on the main course!
6. Apple Cider Cranberry Sauce
Spiced apples, apple cider, and tart cranberries come together to make this uniquely delicious cranberry sauce! It's perfect for the holidays and the blend of spices will make your house smell heavenly.
This cranberry sauce is so much better than anything from a can and it's easy to make, too!
7. Roasted Butternut Squash
Butternut squash is a fall classic and roasting it is easy as can be. It's incredibly versatile and only requires a few ingredients to make!
Just toss the steamed squash with the other ingredients and bake for 30-35 minutes. That's all there is to it!
8. Pumpkin Flan
Move over pumpkin pie, this pumpkin flan is the next big thing! Flan is an impressive dessert as it is, and with the added pumpkin flavor your guests won't even miss pie.
It's silky smooth with plenty of fall flavor. It's also a great way to show off your culinary skills!
9. Mimosa Mocktail
Mimosa mocktails are a fun kid-friendly drink that is perfect for the holidays! Fresh cranberries and apples adorn these cool and refreshing mocktails.
That's not to say you couldn't add a splash of champagne. These drinks are easily customizable!
10. Green Bean Almondine
Green beans almondine is just a fancy term for green beans with almonds. Thinly sliced almonds add a lovely textural element to the crisp-tender green beans.
This 30-minute recipe couldn't be more simple! You microwave the green beans, quickly sautee the almonds with butter, then mix them together. That's it!
11. Fresh Green Bean Casserole From Scratch
Everyone will be impressed with a homemade green bean casserole using fresh green beans! Cut out all the processed ingredients and you are left with a guilt-free Thanksgiving classic!
Using fresh green beans gives the casserole a light crunch, unlike mushy canned green beans.
12. Sweet Potato Biscuits
No Thanksgiving spread is complete without bread, but what about sweet potato biscuits instead of dinner rolls? They are just as good at sopping up potatoes and gravy!
This unique recipe will make a lasting impression. And, it's just as easy as making regular buttermilk biscuits.
13. Beet Salad
Beet salad is fresh and flavorful. It makes a lovely appetizer or side dish for any formal sit-down dinner!
Feta cheese adds bursts of salty flavor and the pistachios are delightfully crunchy! It's all balanced by the subtle sweetness of red and golden beets.
14. Pimento Cheese Deviled Eggs
Deviled eggs are a must and these pimento cheese deviled eggs are downright addicting! They have all the ingredients of classic deviled eggs but with the tasty addition of pimentos and cheddar cheese.
Everyone will be asking you for this delicious deviled egg recipe!
15. Mashed Cauliflower with Parmesan
Mashed cauliflower is all the rage and it's even better when mixed with Parmesan cheese. This is the perfect side dish for any low-carb guests, though it will be enjoyed by everyone!
It's just as tasty as its potato counterpart, without any of the guilt!
16. Pumpkin Pecan Tart
Looking for an amazing dessert to serve with your elegant Thanksgiving dinner, look no further! This beautiful dessert looks amazing and combines two classic holiday favorites - pumpkin pie and pecan pie!!
These elegant thanksgiving menu ideas are sure to help you pull off the ultimate holiday dinner! Send me a message below and let me know which of these recipes you tried!
🦃 More Thanksgiving Menu Ideas
- Canadian Thanksgiving Menu Ideas - The most well-loved Thanksgiving recipes from the Great White North!
- Southern Thanksgiving Menu Ideas - Southern homecooked recipes for hosting the perfect Thanksgiving!
- Last Minute Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipes - Quick and easy Thanksgiving recipes for throwing dinner together on the fly!
- Buffet Thanksgiving Menu Ideas - Let your friends and family serve themselves with these crowd-pleasing recipes!
- Midwestern Thanksgiving Menu Ideas - From hotdishes to Snickers salad, these recipes will take you home to the Midwest.
- Budget Thanksgiving Menu Ideas - Don't break the bank this holiday, try these easy and affordable Thanksgiving recipes!
See more Thanksgiving →
Best Elegant Thanksgiving Menu Ideas: Honey Roasted Acorn Squash (+More Tasty Recipes!)
- To get started, preheat your oven to 400°F (205°C).
- Next, cut your acorn squash in half lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop out all of the seeds.2 lbs acorn squash
- Add water to your large baking dish and place the acorn squash into your baking dish cut side down.¼ cup water
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the melted butter, honey, cinnamon, and salt & pepper.2 tablespoon butter, ¼ teaspoon cinnamon, ⅛ teaspoon each, salt & pepper, 1 tablespoon honey
- Remove the squash from the oven, carefully flip so that they are facing upward, and brush the butter mixture onto the cut side.
- Place the squash back into the baking dish and finish baking for an additional 15 minutes. The squash should be fork tender when done.
- Once finished, remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes before serving while the squash is warm.
- Keep your acorn squash seeds so you can roast them for a tasty snack! Toss them with some oil and seasoning and bake in the oven at 350°F (175°C) for 15-20 minutes.
- Instead of cinnamon, try out some apple pie spice or pumpkin pie spice for an extra warm and flavorful variation!
- Leftover acorn squash can be added to soups, stews, or salads!
- To store: Wrap in plastic wrap and store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- To freeze: Wrap your acorn squash tightly and place it into an airtight container. Freeze for up to 10 months.
- To reheat: Wrap the squash in foil and bake in the oven at 400°F (205°C) until heated thoroughly.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!