Last minute Thanksgiving side dish recipes are the perfect solution for when you are in a holiday time crunch! All of these easy recipes can be made in 30 minutes or less. Of course, they're all so delicious that your whole family will love whichever ones you choose!
Best Last Minute Thanksgiving Sides
Whether you forgot to prepare your favorite side or just need to make something at the last minute, these side dishes are perfect for you! They are simple, quick recipes that are still tasty enough to serve for Thanksgiving!
This list of 15 last-minute Thanksgiving sides contains everything from mashed potatoes to mac and cheese! I promise, there is something here that your family will love!
- Best Last Minute Thanksgiving Sides
- 1. Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- 2. Sauteed Green Beans
- 3. Buttered Peas and Carrots
- 4. Caprese Salad
- 5. Creamed Spinach
- 6. Wedge Salad
- 7. Oven Garlic Bread
- 8. Microwave Baked Potatoes
- 9. Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- 10. Instant Pot Buttered Cabbage
- 11. Roasted Broccoli with Garlic and Parmesan
- 12. Garlic Butter Mushrooms
- 13. White Cheddar Mac and Cheese
- 14. Microwave Acorn Squash
- 15. Balsamic Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- 🍽️ Great Thanksgiving Entrees
- 📋 Recipe
1. Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
Every Thanksgiving table needs some mashed potatoes! This version is extra easy since they are made in the Instant Pot! Plus, it only uses 5 ingredients so you might be able to avoid a grocery store run.
2. Sauteed Green Beans
This fresh, easy, veggie side is a perfectly vibrant addition to your holiday table! They are tasty and incredibly healthy! Just grab some fresh green beans and you'll be ready to throw together this incredible simply side dish for your Thanksgiving table.
3. Buttered Peas and Carrots
This incredibly easy side is simple and tasty! Plus, there are plenty of optional mix-ins to make this dish extra special! It is vibrant, fresh, and wonderfully delicious! In fact, this easy veggie side is kid-approved making it perfect for the holidays.
4. Caprese Salad
For a more formal family Thanksgiving dinner, you can serve this beautiful Caprese salad as a beautiful appetizer or side dish. It is quick and easy to assemble but has a wonderfully light and refreshing flavor!
5. Creamed Spinach
This creamy and cheesy side dish is the best way to enjoy spinach! Even if you have some picky eaters, they will love this creamed spinach! Add it to your Thanksgiving recipe list for an easy and delicious side dish.
6. Wedge Salad
This simple wedge salad makes a great appetizer or side dish for any meal, including Thanksgiving! If you are serving your dinner through courses, this would make a great salad for an appetizer course!
7. Oven Garlic Bread
Garlic bread is perfect for snacking on while waiting for the rest of the meal to finish up. You can go ahead and serve this tasty bread as your family is hanging out or put it out as a side. Either way, it's going to get gobbled up!
8. Microwave Baked Potatoes
Using the microwave makes these potatoes extra quick and easy without losing any delicious flavor! The potatoes will be cooked perfectly and you can set out all of your favorite toppings so that everyone can customize their potatoes to their liking.
9. Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
If you want to add a salty, savory twist to your veggie side dish here's the recipe you need! The bacon adds a wonderful addition to the flavor of the asparagus, and it will be ready to eat in less than 30 minutes!
10. Instant Pot Buttered Cabbage
We all know that the Instant Pot makes everything easier! In fact, this dish takes less than 10 minutes to make! You can add in some of your other favorite veggies as well to suit your needs.
11. Roasted Broccoli with Garlic and Parmesan
This recipe makes it super easy to add a tasty broccoli dish to your Thanksgiving dinner. The garlic and Parmesan bring the flavor to the next level!
12. Garlic Butter Mushrooms
These mushrooms are the perfect last-minute addition because they only take 10 minutes to throw together! You can serve them as a side dish and everyone can add them to whatever they like.
They can top off your mashed potatoes, turkey, gravy, or even your green bean casserole!
13. White Cheddar Mac and Cheese
Mac and cheese is such a well-loved dish that it belongs on your Thanksgiving recipe list. This version of the classic uses white cheddar cheese to make a sharp and creamy sauce that is absolutely delicious!
Plus, it is ready in just 30 minutes! And who's going to complain about mac & cheese?!
14. Microwave Acorn Squash
This acorn squash is ready to enjoy in only 20 minutes! It is the perfect dish for adding variety to your Thanksgiving table while requiring practically no effort!
Add in some butter and brown sugar for the perfect, sweet veggie treat!
15. Balsamic Roasted Brussel Sprouts
These tasty brussel sprouts are quickly seasoned before being popped into the oven! The sharpness of the balsamic and sweetness of the honey makes for a perfect sweet and tangy combination!
They will complement any of your other holiday dishes.
These last-minute Thanksgiving side dish recipes are exactly what you need this holiday season! Leave a comment down below and let me know which one you are excited to try first!
🍽️ Great Thanksgiving Entrees
- Roasted Boneless Leg of Lamb
- Herbes de Provence Roasted Turkey
- Oven Roasted Turkey
- Glazed Honey Ham
- Smoked Bison Prime Rib
- Pork Ribeye Roast
Last Minute Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipes: White Cheddar Mac and Cheese (+ More Tasty Ideas!)
- Cook your pasta according to the package instructions until al dente (firm to the bite) in texture. Drain, rinse in cool water, and set aside.1 lb elbow macaroni
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.½ cup butter
- Once the butter is melted, add the flour and seasoning - garlic powder, salt, white pepper, and onion powder. Stir until a paste is formed.2 tablespoon all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon white ground pepper, ½ teaspoon onion powder, ½ teaspoon salt
- Add the heavy cream and stir or whisk until the mixture is smooth.2 cups heavy cream
- Add the grated white cheddar and stir until melted, remove from heat.3 cups white cheddar
- Pour the cheese sauce over the cooked macaroni noodles, and stir to coat all of the pasta. Garnish with additional cheese, if desired. Serve immediately.1 lb elbow macaroni
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!