The incredibly tasty Malibu Sunset cocktail layers just 3 ingredients to make a flavorful and impressive beach-inspired drink everyone loves! Layers of pineapple juice, coconut rum, and grenadine syrup combine to make this popular cocktail!
The perfect balance of fruity sweetness with coconut rum in one amazing cocktail!
I love a great Malibu rum cocktail and this tasty Malibu sunset never disappoints! Truly a crowd-pleasing drink that's perfect for any occasion, and any day of the year!
It's just one of those fun and easy-to-make cocktail recipes! Plus, any tropical drink, like this Malibu sunset, is especially fun to enjoy (for me) when it's so darn cold outside!
I recently have been adding some of my fave beach-inspired cocktails on the website, like my Malibu Pina Colada, or my Frozen Blue Hawaiian. Both of these fabulously tasty drinks feature one of my favorite alcohols - Malibu rum!
With only 3 ingredients (except ice & garnish) you should be able to easily find these at any liquor store!
- 2 ounces Malibu Coconut Rum - Any coconut flavored light rum will work but hey, Malibu is the best!
- 4 ounces Pineapple Juice - I will typically use the little dole pineapple juice cans and have those on hand for cocktail nights.
- 1 ounce Grenadine Syrup
- Optional Garnish - Maraschino cherries and/or pineapple chunks.
*Be sure to see the free printable recipe card below for ingredients, exact amounts & instructions with tips!*
A super easy drink to make that turns out to be really pretty too! Be sure to pour your grenadine carefully to keep the layers looking crisp!
- Fill. Add ice to a glass.
- Pour. Add the 2 ounces of Malibu rum and 4 ounces of pineapple juice over the ice.
- Layer. Tilt the glass, and very slowly drizzle 1 ounce of grenadine syrup down the inside of the glass. (You want to pour slowly down the side so the grenadine does not muddle the color.)
- Garnish. Serve your Malibu sunset with maraschino cherries and/or pineapple chunks or wedges and enjoy!
🥂 Cocktail Tips & Variations
- The Malibu Sunset is a variation of the Malibu Sunrise, both are very enjoyable!
- Don't stir or shake the cocktail. Just a simple pour technique is all that is needed.
- Place your Malibu rum in the freezer or refrigerator to chill before using.
🍲 Foods To Serve With
- Coconut Shrimp
- Chipotle Dry Rubbed Chicken Wings
- Tortilla Chips with my Salsa Verde and Guac!
- Cajun Fries
Do you love a recipe you tried? Please leave a 5-star 🌟rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page.
Stay in touch with me through social media @ Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter! Subscribe to the newsletter today (no spam, I promise)! Don't forget to tag me when you try one of my recipes!
📖 Recipe Card
- 2 oz Malibu rum
- 4 oz pineapple juice
- 1 oz grenadine syrup
- maraschino cherries (optional garnish)
- Add ice to a glass.
- Pour the Malibu rum over the ice.
- Next, slowly pour in the pineapple juice.
- Tilt the glass, and very slowly drizzle the grenadine syrup down the side of the glass.
- Garnish with maraschino cherries, serve, and enjoy!
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!