This simple Chi Chi cocktail recipe delivers a big tropical-inspired flavor with only a few ingredients, and it's quick and easy to make, too. It's a household favorite for enjoying any night of the week, so no excuses are needed.
Whether you spell it Chi Chi, Chichi, or Chi-Chi, we call it coconut pineapple perfection!
This tasty tropical cocktail is closely related to a Pina Colada, with the rum switched out for vodka instead. Change approved!
Both my husband and I enjoy this cocktail drink when unwinding. We've enjoyed some fabulous summer sunsets, wild lightning storms, and heavy snowfall while sitting with a chi-chi in hand.
- 1 cup Ice
- 4 ounces Pineapple Juice
- 1 ounce Cream Of Coconut (See ingredient notes below.)
- 1 ½ ounces Vodka
- Maraschino Cherries & Pineapple Slices (Optional garnish for serving.)
Please note that the cream of coconut is a must-have. Coconut cream, coconut milk, and other products do not work as a like-for-like substitute for cream of coconut in cocktails.
I love Coco Lopez brand cream of coconut, which I purchase at my local liquor store. Coco Real is my next-best pick!
Note: Pineapple-flavored vodka can also be used to make your cocktails. If you already love to use pineapple rum in your Pina Coladas, you're likely to love mixing your chi chis with a yummy pineapple vodka, too!
*Be sure to see the free printable recipe card below for ingredients, exact amounts & instructions with tips!*
- Fill. Pour 1 cup of ice into your blender.
- Pour. Add 1 ½ ounces of vodka, 4 ounces of pineapple juice, and 1 ounce of cream coconut.
- Blend. Mix on high speed until your cocktail is smooth.
- Serve. Pour into a cocktail glass (hurricane or other), garnish with a pineapple slice and maraschino cherry, and enjoy!
🥂 Cocktail Tips & Variations
- Cocktail Shaker Method: Consider mixing your Chi-Chi cocktail in a cocktail shaker for a more intense flavor and then straining it over crushed ice. This technique enhances the drink's boldness.
- Correct Coconut Ingredient: Ensure you're using cream of coconut, which is different from coconut cream. The former is sweetened and used specifically for cocktails.
- Prepping Cream of Coconut: Always shake or stir the cream of coconut well before use, as it tends to separate while stored.
- Experiment with Vodka Flavors: Elevate your Chi-Chi cocktail with flavored vodkas like pineapple, coconut, mango, strawberry, orange, or vanilla. The market offers a wide array of flavored vodkas, including cream-based ones that pair wonderfully with this cocktail.
- Garnish Creatively: Enhance the presentation of your Chi-Chi cocktail with tropical garnishes like a slice of pineapple, a maraschino cherry, or a sprig of mint for a visually appealing and aromatic finish.
- Adjust Sweetness: If you prefer a less sweet cocktail, you can adjust the amount of cream of coconut or add a splash of lime juice for a tangy contrast to the sweetness.
- Serve Chilled: To ensure your Chi-Chi cocktail is refreshingly cold, chill your glasses in the freezer for a few minutes before serving.
🍲 Foods To Serve With
- Coconut Shrimp
- Pinwheel Sandwiches
- Baked Breaded Macaroni and Cheese Bites
- Coconut Chicken
- Sausage Cream Cheese Crescent Rolls
- Tortilla Chips with Rotel Dip
Do you love a recipe you tried? Please leave a 5-star 🌟rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page.
Stay in touch with me through social media @ Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter! Subscribe to the newsletter today (no spam, I promise)! Don't forget to tag me when you try one of my recipes!
📖 Recipe Card
Chi Chi Cocktail
- 1 cup ice
- 4 oz pineapple juice
- 1 oz cream of coconut
- 1 ½ oz vodka
- maraschino cherries & pineapple slices (optional garnish)
- Add the 1 cup ice to your blender, add the 1 ½ oz vodka, 4 oz pineapple juice, and the 1 oz cream of coconut.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Pour in a cocktail glass (hurricane or other) and garnish with maraschino cherries & pineapple slices. Serve and enjoy!
- Alternatively you can use a cocktail shaker and then strain over crushed ice for a sharper drink with bolder flavor(s).
- Be sure you are using cream of coconut, not coconut cream.
- Mix the cream of coconut vigorously before using. *It tends to separate in the can.
- For an interesting twist try different vodka flavors like pineapple, coconut, mango, strawberry, orange, or vanilla. *There are TONS of flavored vodka varieties available, some of the cream versions are really tasty with this recipe too!
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!