With so many great flavors layered into a Malibu Sunrise cocktail, it's no surprise that this tasty fruit juice drink is so popular! The added coconut flavor of Malibu coconut rum adds the tropical flair that makes this drink so wonderful to enjoy any day of the year!
This is a personal favorite for both my husband and I when we want a fun drink to enjoy together!
And why not?! There's just so much to love about this easy cocktail! The Malibu sunrise is literally flavor-packed and is visually stunning too!
Talk about an easy way to impress friends too! You'll look like a pro when you add your rum and fruit juices, then tip and pour the grenadine for the grand finale before serving!
With only four ingredients the Malibu Sunrise is a fun and easy to make cocktail! You can certainly buy pineapple-orange juice already mixed together but I prefer to layer the flavors and colors!
- Malibu Rum - Good Ol' Malibu coconut flavored rum. A personal favorite!
- Orange Juice - To get the trademark orange sunrise effect.
- Pineapple Juice - Added to get the lighter yellow layer.
- Grenadine Syrup - This will sink to the bottom and give a beautiful red base layer color.
- Optional Garnish - Garnish with maraschino cherries, an orange slice, or even a pineapple wedge.
You will get a great drink just adding everything to a glass. However, to get the sunrise effect for your cocktail do the steps in order.
- Start with your ice. In a tall glass add the ice.
- Pour the rum. Add 2 ounces of the Malibu rum over ice.
- Add your fruit juices. Next, slowly pour in 1 once of orange juice, then 3 ounces of pineapple juice.
- Tilt and pour. Tilt your glass to the side and slowly pour 1 ounce of grenadine syrup down the inside of the glass.
- Garnish and serve. Garnish with cherries, an orange slice, or a wedge of fresh pineapple.
That's it! Now you have the makings for a fantastic girls' night in! Or simply enjoy your amazingly flavorful Malibu sunrise just because! 🙂
Feeling like Malibu rum? Try my Malibu Pina Colada for over ice and frozen versions!
🥂 Cocktail Tips & Variations
Do not stir the rum cocktail.
- You can stir if you don't mind the colors being muddled.
Get the Malibu nice and cold.
- Refrigerate or put your rum in the freezer so your ice doesn't melt too quickly.
Want to make more than one Malibu sunrise?
- Use the slider on my recipe card below to increase for how many cocktails you'd like to make!
🍲 Foods To Serve With
With the rich, fruity, tropical flavors of coconut and pineapple you will want some light but tasty appetizers and snacks.
Do you love a recipe you tried? Please leave a 5-star 🌟rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page.
Stay in touch with me through social media @ Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter! Don't forget to tag me when you try one of my recipes!
- ice (enough to fill your glass)
- 2 oz Malibu rum
- 1 oz orange juice
- 3 oz pineapple juice
- 1 oz grenadine syrup
- maraschino cherries, orange slices, or pineapple wedge (optional garnishes)
- Add your ice to a tall glass.ice
- Pour the Malibu rum over the ice.2 oz Malibu rum
- Next, add orange juice, then the pineapple juice.1 oz orange juice, 3 oz pineapple juice
- Tilt your glass to the side and slowly pour the grenadine syrup down the inside of the glass. The grenadine will move to the bottom. Do not stir.1 oz grenadine syrup
- Garnish with cherries, or an orange slice, serve and enjoy!maraschino cherries, orange slices, or pineapple wedge
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!