Delicious Honey Glazed Oven Roasted Carrots are a perfect vegetable side dish for any time of the year. It is also a particular favorite and requested side dish during the holiday seasons.
Everyone loves to enjoy these sweet and fragrant carrots with a pile of turkey and gravy!
We add alot of herbs to these Honey Glazed Oven Roasted Carrots, and a touch of brown sugar along with the honey will add a slightly crispy coating to this sticky honey deliciousness!
This is also definitely one of those recipes that you can cook to your preferred level of tenderness. Fork the carrots when you think they're done, and keep cooking until nice and soft if desired.
I like a little bit of crispiness in my cooked carrots, but to get our daughter to eat carrots they have to be cooked to completely tender.
Be sure to butter the baking dish very generously to prevent sticking and add to the flavor. Toss the sliced carrots in your honey and brown sugar, add your fresh thyme and rosemary, and then transfer into your buttered baking dish.
Roast at 425 degrees F (218 degrees C) for 20-25 minutes, making sure to stir a couple of times to cook evenly.
Honey Glazed Oven Roasted Carrots
- 2 lbs carrots (cleaned and sliced on the diagonal)
- 3 tablespoon honey (warmed)
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon butter (softened at room temperature)
- 2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- ½ each, salt & pepper (or to taste)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F (218 degrees C) and generously coat your baking dish (or baking sheet) with the softened butter.
- In a medium mixing bowl, toss the sliced carrots with the warmed honey, brown sugar, fresh herbs (thyme and rosemary), and salt & pepper. Transfer to your baking dish and spread evenly in the dish.
- Bake at 425 degrees F (218 degrees C) for 20-25 minutes, stirring the carrots twice during the cooking time to roast the carrots evenly. Roasted carrots should have slightly browned edges, and will be tender when forked. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
- *If you like your carrots extra soft, continue to oven roast until they have reached your desired level of tenderness.
- *If using a baking sheet, the carrots will be spread in a thinner layer and be roasted fully in a shorter amount of time, so adjust your cooking time as needed.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!