These tasty Air Fryer Carrots are perfectly tender and roasted which brings out all of their natural sweetness and amazing flavors! Add your favorite sweet or savory stir-ins for the best carrot side dish in less time than it takes in an oven!
Even your 'carrot haters' will love these perfectly sweet and tender air fryer carrots!
If there is one thing that you absolutely NEED to make in your air fryer, it has got to be these wonderful air fryer carrots! Using your air fryer brings out the sweetness in veggies, like roasting them in the oven, but in less time!
- Carrots - Any carrot variety you like - even baby carrots will work! Although, I do prefer freshly cut large carrots as they tend to taste better.
- Olive Oil - Extra-virgin olive oil is my preference but your favorite cooking oil will work just as wonderfully.
- Salt - Sea Salt, Kosher salt, or just plain table salt will do.
- Pepper - Either white pepper or black pepper, freshly ground is best.
💭 Tips & Recipe Notes
- Slice up additional root vegetables for variety, parsnips are perfect for this!
- You can use other veggies but be mindful of the different cooking times.
- Spice it up! Throw in some spices to increase the heat, try some red pepper flakes or chili peppers.
- Don't crowd the basket. Overcrowding will yield uneven cooking results.
- Curried - Add in a couple of tablespoons of oilve oil and 1 teaspoon of my garam masala and a pinch of turmeric! Remember that too much garam masala can add a bitter flavor, so start with less and add more to taste.
- Honey Roasted - Add in 1-2 tablespoon of honey with the olive oil and toss.
- Garlic Parmesan - Add some freshly sliced garlic or garlic powder and then sprinkle some Parmesan on when the carrots are done.
- Butter Coated - After the carrots are cooked, transfer them into a clean bowl and toss with a generous knob of butter!
🔪 Step-by-Step Instructions
Making your air fryer carrots is super easy! Wash and slice - peeling is not necessary, and based on your personal preference. Then toss and air fry!
- Preheat. Start by preheating your air fryer to 400°F (204°C).
- Prepare carrots. Wash, dry, and then cut your carrots into small 1 inch pieces that are relatively the same size. *If using baby carrots, you can cut them in half to speed up the cooking process. **Peeling your carrots is optional.
- Coat lightly with oil. In a small bowl combine the carrots, olive oil, and seasoning. Toss the carrots until well coated.
- Transfer to the air fryer. Arrange the carrots in your air fryer in a single layer. Minor overlapping is OK.
- Air fry and turn. Cook for about 10 minutes, then flip over for 8-10 more minutes. *Frozen carrots and baby carrots are also cooked in about 18-20 minutes.
- Serve. Once the carrots are cooked to your desired level of tenderness, transfer them to a serving dish or plate.
🥡 Storing & Reheating
Cooked carrots can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days. Allow the carrots to cool completely, then place them into an airtight storage container to refrigerate.
Any leftover air fryer carrots can be frozen to store for a longer period of time. Freeze your cooked carrots in an airtight freezer storage container or plastic freezer storage bag for up to 12 months.
Frozen carrots are best used within the first 9-10 months of freezing. The texture is not the same once reheated, but they are still quite tasty and very suitable for adding to soups and casseroles.
The best way to reheat air fryer carrots is in the air fryer. Preheat your air fryer to 350°F (175°C) then warm the carrots for 3-5 minutes. *This may vary depending on how many carrots you're reheating, continue heating until the carrots reach your desired temperature.
The easiest way to reheat your carrots is in the microwave. Simply microwave in short 30-second increments as the carrots will turn rubbery quickly if over-heated.
Air Fryer Carrots
- 1 lb carrots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (extra virgin)
- ½ tablespoon chopped parsley (optional)
- ½ teaspoon each, salt & pepper (to taste)
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (204°C).
- Wash and clean carrots and then chop carrots into equal size 1 inch pieces.1 lb carrots
- In a small bowl place carrots add the olive oil and toss to coat the carrots.1 tablespoon olive oil
- Season to your taste with salt and pepper, toss again.½ teaspoon each, salt & pepper
- Place the cut carrots in a single layer in your air fryer basket.
- Cook at 400°F (204°C) for 18 to 20 minutes, turning the carrots over at about the 10 minute mark.
- When the carrots are tender remove from the air fryer and serve. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley if desired.½ tablespoon chopped parsley
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!