If you're looking for the best enchilada recipes you're in luck because these are some the most delicious enchiladas out there! This list includes some classic enchilada combinations as well as some unique options you may not have tried before! No matter what you choose, any of these enchilada recipes will make a fabulous family dinner any day of the week!
The Best Enchilada Recipes
Enchiladas are a traditional Mexican dish that has become a quintessential family dinner in the United States. Enchiladas are generally quite easy to throw together and they are perfect for feeding a crowd!
Chicken, cheese, and beef enchiladas are classic. However, with some of these recipes, you may find that there are more unique ways to prepare enchiladas that you may not have tried before!
1. Leftover Turkey Enchiladas
Leftover turkey enchiladas are perfect the day after Thanksgiving or Christmas when you have a few pounds of leftover turkey in the fridge!
These leftover turkey enchiladas can be made with canned enchilada sauce, or you can follow my recipe and make your own!
2. Cheese Enchiladas
Cheese enchiladas are the best Tex-Mex recipe you will ever make! Full of fresh lime juice and green Chile liquid, your enchiladas will have the perfect amount of flavor!
Serve these for dinner, and I assure you there won't be any leftovers!
3. Shrimp Enchiladas
Shrimp enchiladas will have your tastebuds dancing! These enchiladas are made with two types of cheese, green chiles, garlic, onion, and sweet corn!
Out of green chiles? No problem! Substitute jalapeños instead!
4. Chicken Enchiladas
My favorite type of enchilada is chicken enchiladas, they are packed with herbs, cheese, and spices that will have you happy and full! Double the batch and invite all of your friends and family over for a delicious dinner!
5. Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
This recipe for green Chile enchiladas is perfect for a large group or dinner party. They are creamy and perfectly cheesy and will have everyone begging for the recipe!
These green Chile enchiladas use chicken as their protein but you can use beans, beef, pork, or shrimp!
6. Beef Enchiladas
These beef enchiladas are truly made with satisfaction in mind. This recipe uses bold herbs and spices such as cumin, chili powder, and oregano and blends both ground beef and beans for the perfect enchilada.
Experiment with the recipe and add diced tomatoes or red peppers to the beef filling to give it more flavor!
7. Chicken Enchiladas Verdes
These chicken enchiladas Verdes will have your belly full and your mind wondering when will be the next time you make them! Experiment with different types of cheese to make these chicken enchiladas completely customizable!
Serve these chicken enchiladas Verdes with a dollop of sour cream and a squeeze of lime on top!
8. Enchiladas Suizas
Enchiladas Suizas is an authentic dish that is served with creamy Verde salsa. This dish is made with Mexican crème, mozzarella cheese, and shredded chicken.
Top this dish with delicious pickled red onions or spicy jalapeño slices!
9. Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
These sour cream chicken enchiladas are tangy and full of flavor. They are perfect to serve at dinner parties, birthday parties, or any holiday parties!
This recipe uses canned or rotisserie chicken breast, or if you have the time you can make homemade chicken breast for these delicious enchiladas!
Which enchiladas recipe are you going to make at your next family dinner? Leave us a comment below and let us know which recipe you chose and how well it turned out!
Best Enchilada Recipes: Cheese Enchiladas (+More Great Dinner Ideas!)
Quick Red Enchilada Sauce
- 7 oz diced green chiles (canned, reserve the liquid for the sauce)
- 16 oz cheddar cheese (or any mix of cheese, plus a little extra to put on top)
- 1 bundle chopped cilantro (reserve a little for garnish if desired)
- 16 oz flour tortillas (8 burrito/enchilada sized flour tortillas)
- 20 olives (1 small can, optional, garnish)
- ¼ cup queso fresco (optional, garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C).
- In a mixing bowl combine tomato sauce, tomato paste, lime juice, reserved green chile liquid, and taco seasoning mix. Whisk till well combined.15 oz tomato sauce, 1 tablespoon lime juice, reserved green chile liquid, 4 tablespoon taco seasoning mix, 2 oz tomato paste
- In a 9 x 13 baking dish add enough of the sauce to coat the bottom.
- In another small bowl add cheddar cheese, green chiles, and cilantro then combine all ingredients. (Add any other add ons like jalapenos or meats here.)7 oz diced green chiles, 16 oz cheddar cheese, 1 bundle chopped cilantro
- Spoon into tortillas, roll, and place in the baking dish. Top with remainder of the enchilada sauce, sprinkle cheese, some cilantro, and some diced up olives (if desired) over the top.16 oz flour tortillas, 20 olives
- Bake at 350°F (176°C) for 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Remove from oven and top with any desired garnish. Allow to cool a few minutes, serve, and enjoy!¼ cup queso fresco
- Adjust taco seasoning up or down by taste.
- Add jalapenos or serranos for more heat.
- Corn or flour tortillas work. For corn tortillas microwave a few seconds before handling to warm them or they will break when rolling.
- Use my quick enchilada sauce in the recipe card, my homemade enchilada sauce, or store-bought.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!