Here's what to serve with mahi mahi so you can make an incredibly delicious and nutritious seafood dinner whenever you want! This list is loaded with all of the best side dishes to complement this tasty white fish. From rice to potatoes and everything in between- there is something for everyone!
Mahi Mahi Side Dishes
Mahi Mahi is a tropical fish that is also known as dolphin fish. This fish is very popular and is enjoyed around the world in restaurants and at home!
If you are trying a new Mahi Mahi recipe and want a delicious side dish to serve with it then take a look below for some amazing culinary options!
- Mahi Mahi Side Dishes
- 1. Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice
- 2. Red Beans And Rice
- 3. Creamy Coconut Rice
- 4. Creamed Spinach
- 5. Lemon Asparagus Orzo
- 6. Greek Salad
- 7. Honey and Herb Oven Roasted Carrots
- 8. Red Skin Mashed Potatoes
- 9. Air Fryer French Fries
- 10. Oven Garlic Bread
- 11. Buttered Peas & Carrots
- 💡 More 'What To Serve' Collections
- 📖 Recipe Card
- What To Serve With Mahi Mahi: Lemon Asparagus Orzo (+Other Tasty Ideas)
- Ingredients US CustomaryMetric
- 💬 Reviews
There is a ton to know about this tasty tropical fish! Learn more about mahi mahi here!
1. Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice
If you want a tangy and savory rice dish to serve with your grilled Mahi Mahi, then you will love our Instant Pot cilantro lime rice!
In fact, this recipe is so perfectly seasoned that it will have your mouth watering with every bite!
2. Red Beans And Rice
Red beans and rice are such a great side to serve with some blackened Mahi Mahi. Of course, this recipe is hearty and delicious with ample amounts of amazing flavors!
Your friends and family won't be able to get enough of this amazing side dish!
3. Creamy Coconut Rice
Creamy coconut rice and grilled Mahi Mahi paired together are like a Caribbean explosion on your dinner plate!
This creamy coconut rice is sweet and flavorful with the perfect balance of flavors. Your dinner guests will thank you!
4. Creamed Spinach
Creamed spinach is a great side dish to serve with broiled Mahi Mahi because it isn't too heavy, but it's packed full of flavor!
Make a double batch of this delicious creamed spinach because everyone will definitely want a second scoop!
5. Lemon Asparagus Orzo
Our recipe for lemon asparagus orzo is both buttery and tangy. In fact, it is the perfect side dish for a fresh piece of grilled Mahi Mahi.
Serve our lemon asparagus orzo topped with freshly grated Parmesan cheese to enhance it even further!
6. Greek Salad
I absolutely love a fresh Greek salad with a tender piece of baked Mahi Mahi. Our recipe has a medley of fresh veggies and a delicious and tangy homemade vinaigrette that you will truly love.
7. Honey and Herb Oven Roasted Carrots
Honey and herb oven-roasted carrots are sweet, savory, and the perfect comfort food. These oven-roasted carrots are great on a plate with a succulent piece of pan-seared Mahi Mahi.
8. Red Skin Mashed Potatoes
Red skin mashed potatoes are one of my all-time favorite side dishes. These potatoes are fluffy and creamy and will absolutely fill you up!
Add a hearty helping of these mashed potatoes with a nice piece of grilled Mahi Mahi for your next dinner event.
9. Air Fryer French Fries
Air fryer French fries are perfectly crispy and salty! Add these crunchy air fryer French fries to a basket with some blackened Mahi Mahi for a fish and chips movie night!
10. Oven Garlic Bread
Oven garlic bread is amazing, it has the perfect amount of garlic and Parmesan cheese and is toasted to perfection! Our oven garlic bread is perfect with a giant piece of juicy Mahi Mahi.
11. Buttered Peas & Carrots
Your family will love our buttered peas and carrots recipe because it is savory, sweet, and simple! Add this delicious side dish with a hearty piece of broiled Mahi Mahi, and dinner will be fantastic!
Which recipe above did you decide to make with your Mahi Mahi? We would love to hear your feedback in the comments below!
💡 More 'What To Serve' Collections
- What To Serve With Fish - This list of ideas is full of inspiration for side dishes to complement any of your favorite fish dishes!
- What To Serve With Cajun Shrimp - Check out this list of options for serving alongside some zesty and delicious Cajun shrimp!
- What To Serve With Paella - Paella is loaded with tons of seafood- here are some yummy side dishes to go with it!
- What To Serve With Lobster - If you're wanting a more elegant seafood dinner, check out these lobster side dish ideas!
- What To Serve With Crab Legs - Here are 15 sauces and sides that will go wonderfully with your tasty crab legs!
- What To Serve With Salmon - From veggies to pasta, here are a bunch of options to enjoy with salmon!
Do you love a recipe you tried? Please leave a 5-star 🌟rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page.
Stay in touch with me through social media @ Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter! Subscribe to the newsletter today (no spam, I promise)! Don't forget to tag me when you try one of my recipes!
📖 Recipe Card
What To Serve With Mahi Mahi: Lemon Asparagus Orzo (+Other Tasty Ideas)
- 3 cups water (or a combination of water and broth)
- 1 cup orzo (uncooked orzo pasta)
- 1 lb asparagus (spears only, or cut into chunks depending on your preference)
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic (finely minced or crushed)
- 1 lemon (zest + 2 tablespoons lemon juice)
- each, salt & pepper (to taste)
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese (grated, or freshly grated when served)
- In a large saucepan or pot, bring salted water to a boil and cook the orzo pasta according to the package instructions. Add the asparagus spears or chunks and cook along with the orzo for the last 3-4 minutes of cooking time. Drain when pasta is tender. *3 minutes for asparagus that is still semi-firm, or 4 minutes for a more fork tender asparagus.
- In a large non-stick skillet or frying pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute for about 2 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Add the drained orzo pasta and asparagus to the sauteed garlic and butter. Sprinkle the lemon zest and lemon juice over the pasta, toss to coat. Remove from heat, then add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately, garnished with Parmesan cheese.
- The water can be combined in a 50/50 ratio with broth or stock to compliment the flavor of the orzo pasta if it is being served as a side dish. I like to use vegetable stock if I am serving my lemony orzo as a light lunch.
- There are many herbs that enhance the wonderful flavor of this easy, light meal or side dish. Try some fresh chopped parsley, thyme, or oregano as stir-ins or garnish!
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!