This list of pancake recipes features my most well-loved pancakes, from classic buttermilk pancakes to unique gourmet pancakes! I've included some sweet chocolate pancakes, a variety of fruity flapjacks, and some international pancake recipes that will make for a breakfast or brunch you won't forget!
Classic and Unique Pancakes
There's nothing quite like a pancake for breakfast, brunch, or even dessert - and there are so many delicious pancake recipes to choose from! Here's our list of the best pancake recipes, including everything from the classic buttermilk pancake to chocolate, apple, strawberry, and more great flavors.
Classic buttermilk pancakes are always a favorite. But if you're looking for something a little different, why not try one of these delicious pancake recipes?
- Classic and Unique Pancakes
- 1. Chocolate Pancakes
- 2. Bisquick Pancakes
- 3. Sheet Pan Pancakes
- 4. Buttermilk Pancakes
- 5. Blueberry Pancakes
- 6. Apple Cider Pankcakes
- 7. Japanese pancakes (thick & fluffy)
- 8. Dutch Babies
- 9. Banana Pancakes
- 10. Nutella
- 11. Strawberry
- 12. Peanut Butter
- 13. Pumpkin Pancakes
- 📋 Recipe
1. Chocolate Pancakes
These rich, chocolate pancakes are made with cocoa powder and chocolate chips for a delicious chocolate flavor. They turn out delightfully fluffy every time, and everyone loves chocolate so they are always a hit!
2. Bisquick Pancakes
If you're wanting pancakes in a jiffy on a busy morning, this classic Bisquick pancake recipe is the way to do it! Thanks to the pre-made baking mix, these pancakes are so easy even kids can make them!
3. Sheet Pan Pancakes
Sheet Pan Pancakes are the perfect way to serve a crowd without having to stand in the kitchen and slave over a griddle or skillet. No more flipping flapjack after flapjack when you can just pop the batter in the oven and slice everyone a square!
4. Buttermilk Pancakes
If you're wanting fluffy pancakes just like grandma used to make, buttermilk pancakes are as classic as it gets. These golden, delicious pancakes are a weekend family tradition!
5. Blueberry Pancakes
One of the most popular flavors, this list would not be complete without blueberry pancakes! The blueberries add just the right amount of fresh, fruity sweetness to these perfectly fluffy pancakes.
Not to mention, our featured homemade blueberry syrup puts Ihop's to shame!
6. Apple Cider Pankcakes
These delicious spiced pancakes feature all of your favorite fall flavors topped off with incredible fried apples and a caramel apple syrup! The smell of fragrant cinnamon and fresh apples will fill your house when you make these incredible gourmet pancakes.
7. Japanese pancakes (thick & fluffy)
When it comes to pancakes, Japan knew what they were doing when they made these incredibly thick and fluffy pancakes. They take a few more minutes to cook, but the wait is well worth it for a bite of one of these dreamy pancakes.
8. Dutch Babies
Dutch babies are actually thin German egg pancakes that can be cooked right in your cast-iron skillet. They make a wonderful base for any toppings- you can go sweet or savory!
Better yet, offer up a spread of toppings so everyone can customize their own!
9. Banana Pancakes
Banana pancakes are a fun twist on your classic pancakes topped with bananas. Instead of a few banana slices adorning the top of your pancakes, the yummy banana flavor is baked right in!
These easy Nutella pancakes are always a hit with kids and adults alike. The Nutella is added to the batter to get that delicious chocolatey hazelnut flavor that everyone knows and loves.
Another fruity favorite, strawberry pancakes! Chunks of fresh strawberries are scattered throughout these fluffy vanilla pancakes.
They are always a family favorite and such a treat to eat!
12. Peanut Butter
I grew up putting peanut butter on pancakes, but what about peanut butter IN pancakes!? These pancakes are so easy to make, and the combination of peanut butter and maple syrup is almost better than peanut butter and jelly!
13. Pumpkin Pancakes
Another fall favorite, pumpkin pancakes will satisfy your pumpkin spice cravings. These fluffy pancakes feature cinnamon, fresh or canned pumpkin, and brown sugar.
They are a fantastic breakfast during cold fall mornings, but you can (and should) enjoy them any time of year!
Whether you're looking for a classic pancake or something a little more adventurous, there's an amazing pancake recipe here for everyone! So go ahead and treat yourself to one of these delicious pancakes today!
Best Pancake Recipes: Bisquick Pancakes (+More Great Pancake Flavors!)
- Heat a skillet over medium-low heat, or your griddle to 350°F (175°C) and coat with melted butter or non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine either just the base ingredients for the 'classic' Bisquick pancakes, including Bisquick baking mix, milk, and large eggs.2 cups Bisquick, 1 cup milk, 2 large eggs
- If desired, add the optional ingredients for the 'ultimate' Bisquick pancakes, including sugar, baking powder, vegetable oil (or melted butter), and vanilla extract or paste.3 tablespoon sugar, 2 teaspoon baking powder, 2 tablespoon vegetable oil, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Stir until combined, and lumps in pancake batter are totally OK. Portion out the batter into your heated skillet or onto your griddle in scant ¼ cup portions.
- Cook on the first side for 30 seconds to a minute, until the surface bubbles have popped and the edges are dry enough to get your spatula under. Flip and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Remove from your skillet or griddle when done and repeat as needed.
- For thinner pancakes, increase the milk amount to 1 ½ cups.
- I like a bit more vanilla in my pancakes. You can easily add up to ½ tablespoon.
- Try adding maple syrup instead of vegetable oil. Use 1 tablespoon syrup and omit the vanilla extract.
- Pancakes are best when served with slightly warmed syrup. Portion your syrup into a microwave-safe carafe or jar and heat in 30-second increments until warm.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!