Banana recipes are everywhere because bananas are such delicious fruits that can be used in so many ways! So, we narrowed down a list of the best, most popular banana recipes from our site. Next time you need to use up some browning bananas, come back here and give one of these incredible recipes a try!
Best Ways To Use Up Brown Bananas
I bet you didn’t know that bananas can be added to cakes, cookies, bread, and pudding recipes! If you are looking for a unique banana recipe, then look no further, as we have a full list of wonderful desserts that contain bananas.
- Best Ways To Use Up Brown Bananas
- 1. Banana Mug Cake
- 2. Apple Banana Bread
- 3. Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Bread
- 4. Peanut Butter Banana Brownies
- 5. Pineapple Banana Bread
- 6. Protein Powder Chocolate Banana Muffins
- 7. Chocolate Banana Cake
- 8. Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
- 9. Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Bread Pudding
- 10. Double Chocolate Banana Bread
- 11. Banana Nut Muffins
- 12. Peanut Butter Banana Cookies
- 13. Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- 14. Banana Pudding Poke Cake
- 15. Banana Blueberry Muffins
- 16. Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 17. Apple Banana Muffins with Streusel Topping
- 18. Chocolate Banana Mini Cakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
- 19. Moist Banana Bread
- 20. Banana Bread with Brown Sugar Streusel
- 21. Banana Slice
- 22. Cinnamon Banana Muffins
- 23. Banana Cream Pie
- 24. Magnolia Bakery Banana Pudding
- 25. Banana Pancakes
- 🍊 🍇 🍏 More Fruity Favorites To Try
- 📖 Recipe Card
- Best Banana Recipes: Pineapple Banana Bread (+More Great Ideas!)
- 💬 Reviews
1. Banana Mug Cake
Mug cakes are perfect for nights alone or date nights. Made in small batches, they are the perfect portion size and allow quick and easy cleanup.
This banana mug cake has delicious bananas inside the cake and if you want more banana flavor, you can easily add a few extra slices on top!
2. Apple Banana Bread
Apple banana bread is a sweet bread that tastes very similar to cake. It can be eaten by the slice or put into muffin tins and made into muffins!
This apple banana bread recipe pairs tart apples, sweet bananas, and warm cinnamon into a moist and delicious bread.
3. Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Bread
Chocolate chip banana nut bread is not only a great treat for dessert, but it is also perfect for breakfast. With all the textures and complementary flavors, you will find yourself cutting another slice to add to your plate.
This chocolate chip banana nut bread uses milk chocolate chips and walnuts. No walnuts on hand? No problem! Add any nut that you prefer to this recipe!
4. Peanut Butter Banana Brownies
Peanut butter banana brownies are dense and fudgy with pops of banana and peanut butter swirled throughout.
Enjoy these banana brownies straight out of the oven or allow them to sit and enjoy them the next day!
5. Pineapple Banana Bread
Pineapple banana bread doesn’t just mix together pineapple and bananas. This delicious bread also incorporates delicious brown sugar and vanilla for the ultimate flavor explosion!
Pineapple banana bread is a tropical masterpiece! Make this on a summer day, and imagine yourself lounging on the beach with each bite.
6. Protein Powder Chocolate Banana Muffins
Need the perfect snack to eat before or after your workout? Try these protein powder chocolate banana muffins.
Not only will you get protein from the added protein powder, but you will get additional nutrients from the bananas and applesauce!
7. Chocolate Banana Cake
Do you have a birthday coming up and need a new and exciting recipe that everyone will love? Try this chocolate banana cake and switch things up!
This cake is so moist that you won’t need anything to wash it down! Top it with your favorite icing or try the recipe for our peanut butter cream cheese frosting!
8. Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
Chocolate chips aren't just for cookies anymore! These chocolate chip banana muffins are perfect and packed full of flavor.
These muffins can be customized to your liking by using any type of chocolate chip. Whether you love milk chocolate chips or semi-sweet, the choice is yours!
9. Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Bread Pudding
Chocolate chip banana nut bread pudding is quite unique and definitely worth a try! Pass on your standard vanilla and whip up a batch of this yummy treat!
This pudding is truly one of a kind! With the bold mix of chocolate chips, bananas, raisins, walnuts, vanilla, and cinnamon you will have a flavor and texture overload!
10. Double Chocolate Banana Bread
Double chocolate banana bread is the perfect go-to for chocolate lovers. A rich, chocolate sweet bread with banana flavor throughout is like a slice of heaven!
This bread uses cocoa and chocolate chips for the ultimate chocolate lover's dream! Serve this at your next holiday event or potluck!
>>>>See all of my recipes HERE<<<<
11. Banana Nut Muffins
Banana nut muffins are perfect if you love texture and lots of flavor. These muffins are perfect for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!
These muffins use black walnuts, but you can pick your favorite and customize it to your liking! Also, be sure to double the recipe to have some left over for your family after you each the first batch!
12. Peanut Butter Banana Cookies
Peanut butter banana cookies will have your taste buds thanking you! Make a double batch because all your friends will want to take a few home with them!
These cookies will be perfect for fundraisers, packed lunches, or an after-school snack for the kids!
13. Banana Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Banana chocolate chip oatmeal cookies are just the treat you didn't know you needed, and now you can have them anytime! Make a batch for you and a batch for your family so that you don't have to share.
These oatmeal cookies are made with chocolate chips and plenty of banana flavor, so they aren’t your average oatmeal cookie!
14. Banana Pudding Poke Cake
A banana pudding poke cake is love in a pan. Don't believe me? Make this recipe for your family and see how much love fills the room!
This cake uses cake mix, so if you think making a homemade cake is too difficult or you are a beginner, this recipe is perfect for you!
15. Banana Blueberry Muffins
Banana blueberry muffins are my personal favorite when it comes to muffins. I could eat a dozen by myself!
If you too love banana blueberry muffins, it may be best to double the recipe. These muffins can be left as is or topped with coarse sugar for a sweeter dessert!
16. Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Banana cake with cream cheese frosting should be served at all holiday parties! It's unique and full of flavor and will have party-goers asking for more!
This cake is made with three types of sugar and bananas, if you have a sweet tooth, this may be the cake for you!
17. Apple Banana Muffins with Streusel Topping
Apple banana muffins with streusel topping will impress everyone you serve them to, so be sure to save the recipe!
These muffins are great for family gatherings and get-togethers. And they are nut-free as long as you use butter and not coconut oil!
18. Chocolate Banana Mini Cakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
Chocolate banana mini cakes with peanut butter frosting are impressive and delicious! If you serve it at your next dinner party your guests will think you special ordered it from the bakery!
These cakes are layer after layer of chocolate, peanut butter, and did I say chocolate?
19. Moist Banana Bread
This banana bread has bold flavors like cinnamon and vanilla, as well as sugar and bananas for added sweetness! This family-favorite recipe is always a hit!
20. Banana Bread with Brown Sugar Streusel
Banana bread with brown sugar streusel is amazing and perfect for any occasion. Parties, potlucks, holiday celebrations, or even an after-dinner treat. You will love making this any time of year!
This banana bread is great by itself, but the added brown sugar streusel knocks it out of the park! All you need is a glass of milk, and you are set for your bedtime snack!
21. Banana Slice
This Banana Slice recipe yields a moist and tender treat with a subtle banana flavor. The combination of ripe bananas, butter, and sugar creates a naturally sweet and satisfying dessert.
22. Cinnamon Banana Muffins
These super moist banana muffins have a cinnamon ripple that adds a warm spiced flavor to every bite! This recipe makes about 16 muffins, so there are plenty to enjoy or share!
23. Banana Cream Pie
This pie features a flaky pie crust filled with a layer of bananas and a creamy custard filling! Add some whipped cream and a few more banana slices to top it all off!
24. Magnolia Bakery Banana Pudding
If you've ever tried Magnolia Bakery's signature banana pudding, you know just how heavenly it is! This recipe tastes just like the real thing, Nilla wafers and all!
25. Banana Pancakes
Ditch the traditional pancakes and try these fluffy banana pancakes instead! Not only are there bananas in the pancake batter, but you can add extra sliced bananas right on top.
Try one of these banana recipes today or next time you have some bananas on the counter that need to go to good use! Let us know what your favorite banana recipes are in the comment section!
🍊 🍇 🍏 More Fruity Favorites To Try
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie - This delectable strawberry rhubarb pie is hard to resist with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
- No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake - That's right, you won't have to bake a thing for this tasty blueberry cheesecake!
- Raspberry White Chocolate Muffins - Creamy white chocolate and tart raspberries are a match made in heaven!
- Blueberry Baked Donuts - Soft cake donuts with fresh or frozen blueberries in every bite!
- Creamy Grape Salad - You can serve this sweet and creamy grape salad as a refreshing side dish or dessert!
- Apple Pie Monkey Bread - This pull-apart monkey bread is loaded with classic apple pie flavor!
Do you love a recipe you tried? Please leave a 5-star 🌟rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page.
Stay in touch with me through social media @ Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter! Subscribe to the newsletter today (no spam, I promise)! Don't forget to tag me when you try one of my recipes!
📖 Recipe Card
Best Banana Recipes: Pineapple Banana Bread (+More Great Ideas!)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and lightly grease a loaf pan.
- Place the peeled overripe bananas (2-3 large bananas or 3-4 medium bananas) into a large mixing bowl and mash using a fork or masher. Add the drained crushed pineapple, which will yield approximately 1 cup of pineapple. Then add the ½ cup of melted butter and mix.
- To the wet mixture, add the 2 large eggs, ½ cup each of granulated sugar and packed light brown sugar, and 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract. Mix to combine.
- Mix in the 1 ½ teaspoons of baking soda into the wet mixture, then add the 1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour and mix just enough so that the flour is fully combined into the batter.
- Transfer the batter to your prepared loaf pan and bake in the middle of the center oven rack (or down one notch to prevent the top of the loaf from cracking). Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 55-65 minutes. *Check your loaf at 50 minutes of baking to make sure that it is not browning too rapidly. Cover with a loose square of aluminum foil if needed.
- Remove from the oven when done and allow the pineapple banana bread loaf to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. Then either serve warm or transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely before storing.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!