Cooking Your Frozen Chicken Patties In An Air Fryer is quite possibly the best method ever for turning out perfectly crispy and juicy chicken patties! They're delicious when air-fried, not soggy at all, and they cook up super FAST!! It's sure to be a new quick and easy favorite for your family too!
Perfectly Crispy Air Fried Chicken Patties
Chicken sandwiches are a great alternative to having burgers and they are healthier too! This recipe makes a great weeknight dinner or summertime lunch, and it is incredibly easy in the air fryer!
I love it because I can use my favorite frozen chicken patties, but they taste homemade because I cook them myself in the air fryer! Then top each sandwich off with everyone's individually preferred fresh and yummy condiments!
These crispy chicken patty sandwiches are one of my daughter's go-to lunches during the summer months. And she ends up making quite the variety - the possibilities are endless!!
What You'll Need
Other than your handy-dandy air fryer and your fave chicken patty brand, there are just a few things you'll need to make some sandwiches! Of course, the patties can also be served à la carte with some simple ketchup and/or mustard for a quick snack!
- Frozen Chicken Patties – They are fully cooked and just need to be heated up. I like the Tyson Chicken patties. They get so crispy in the air fryer and have a wonderful flavor, but you can use any patty that is frozen and breaded. Morningstar Farms even has a vegan option!
- Hamburger Buns – Choose your favorite and if you like them toasted, butter the buns and place in the oven or air fryer for 2 - 3 minutes. I like to add a sprinkle of garlic salt to my buttered buns for extra flavor too!
- Cheese – Optional, but cheddar is so yummy on these chicken sandwiches! It has the perfect amount of sharpness and melts well. Your favorite cheese works also!
- Tomato - Big slices of fresh vine-ripened tomatoes are an amazing addition! They are, of course, optional as well but so good!
- Lettuce – Also optional, but the sweetness of the tomato and the crunch of Romaine or Iceberg lettuce will take your sandwich to the next level!
- Pickles – Add a few slices of dill pickle if you love that salty kick!
How to Air Fry Frozen Chicken Patties
To cook your frozen chicken patties in the air fryer, follow these steps for the best results! Preheating can always be skipped, but in the end, it will take longer to get perfectly crispy patties any faster! 🙂
- Preheat the air fryer to 390ºF (200ºC). This is important for ensuring that the chicken patties are heated evenly.
- Place two chicken patties at a time into the air fryer basket or onto your air fryer trays. Set the timer for 8 minutes and then check the patties to see if they are heated through. You can also flip the patties and cook for an additional 2 minutes to crisp them up. *Depending on how much room you have in your air fryer, more patties can potentially be cooked at once. Just make sure that they are in a single layer with plenty of spacing to allow for airflow!
- Now is the time to toast the buns if desired. Just set the cooked chicken patties aside for a few minutes.
- If you want cheese on the chicken sandwiches, place the slices on the patties and put the top half of the bun over the cheese. This prevents the cheese from slipping off and melting into a mess in your air fryer. Place them in the air fryer after cooking the patties and let the residual heat melt the cheese.
- Assemble the chicken patties on the buns with whatever condiments you choose.
I am not kidding when I say this recipe tastes just like a chicken sandwich from Chick-Fil-A! Maybe better! They taste fresh and crispy and are very filling, especially with all the condiments added.
Air Fryer Tips: Remember when you use your air fryer to never spray aerosolized cooking spray directly on the appliance. This recipe does not call for additional oil anyhow. However, for recipes that do require oil use a pastry brush or paper towel to apply the oil as directed. Also, my air fryer make and model is probably not the same as the one you have at home, so use my directions below as a general guide. Keep an eye on your chicken patties as they are air frying!
Storing Air Fried Chicken Patties
If you don’t use all of the frozen chicken patties that have been cooked in your air fryer, you can store them in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Properly stored chicken patties will last for up to 3 - 4 days in the fridge.
When it’s time to use them, re-heating in the air fryer is simple and completely prevents sogginess! Just place them in the air fryer basket at 350ºF (175ºC) for 3 - 5 minutes, then prepare the buns and garnish as usual.
Frozen Chicken Patties In Air Fryer
- 2 frozen chicken patties
- 2 hamburger buns
- 2 cheese slices (optional)
- 2-4 slices tomato (optional)
- 2-4 leaves lettuce (optional)
- 2-4 slices pickles (optional)
- Preheat your air fryer to 390 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place two chicken patties into the air fryer basket or onto your air fryer trays. Cook for 8 minutes and check the patties. Flip and crisp up for an additional 2-3 minutes if desired.
- (optional) Once you remove the chicken patties from your air fryer, you can toast the buns if desired. It only takes a minute or two to add a bit of crispness to the buns.
- To melt your cheese slices (without them sliding off or flying away) add the cheese slice and top with the top half of your bun. Return to the air fryer and just let the remaining heat melt the cheese.
- Place each chicken patty onto your hamburger buns and add your desired condiments and toppings.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!