You'll love how easy these Air Fryer Corn Dogs are to make straight out of the freezer for an easy snack, lunch, or family dinner! The tender corn dog coating is a delicious slightly sweet contrast to the savory hotdog, and it's all wrapped in crispy perfection!
Piping hot and perfectly golden corn dogs ready in just minutes (without the mess)!
One of my favorite memories from childhood is when the county fair arrived every summer. The rides and games were great, but the FOOD!! The food was the star of the show – cotton candy, funnel cakes, cheese curds, and CORN DOGS!
These crispy-on-the-outside, soft, and chewy-on-the-inside were named because hot dogs are placed on a stick, then coated with a slightly sweetened, thick cornmeal batter and fried to a golden brown.
This salty, crunchy, sweet, and savory twist on a hot dog can now be found in the frozen section of most grocery stores and made super quickly and easily in the air fryer! Look for the mini-corn dogs for a fun snack, or get the full-size ones for something different at your BBQ.
While these corn dogs are great for a quick meal anytime, they are especially perfect for a child’s birthday party or a summer gathering. Grab a few bags to keep in the freezer for impromptu and easy meals in the air fryer!!
Just two ingredients in this fun fair food that you can make right at home!
- Corn Dogs (or mini corn dogs) – Groceries stores should have several different brands to choose from in the frozen food section.
- Cooking Oil – Only a little is needed to spray or brush on the air fryer basket or trays.
💭 Angela's Tips & Recipe Notes
It’s not necessary to thaw the corn dogs or even preheat the air fryer, just pop them in and know that the sticks will not burn while air frying!
When loading the air fryer, be careful not to crowd the corn dogs in the air fryer basket. Leave a bit of space between them, so that the air can circulate and cook more evenly. You may need to trim the sticks to fit them inside.
If you do decide to preheat the air fryer, you should reduce the cooking time by a few minutes. Do the same for consecutive batches when cooking more than a few corn dogs.
The corn dog sticks will be hot when they are fully heated, so be sure to cool for a few minutes before serving.
Did you leave your corn dogs in the chest freezer in the garage? These will be colder and require a few extra minutes to cook all the way through.
🔪 Step-By-Step Instructions
This recipe is SO quick and fast – you don’t need more than ten minutes from package to table!!
- Lightly coat the basket or trays. Using cooking oil in a spray bottle or a pastry brush, coat the air fryer basket or air fryer trays lightly with oil.
- Arrange in a single layer. Place the corndogs in the basket or on trays, arranging them in a single layer. Trim sticks as needed.
Frozen Corn Dogs
- Air fry. Air fry the full-size or regular corn dogs at 370°F (188°C) for about 8 minutes.
- Turn and finish. Turn the corn dogs over, and rotate trays if using a convection air fryer, then cook for an additional 2-4 minutes.
- Cool before serving. Allow the corn dogs to cool slightly to prevent any burned fingertips. *The sticks can be very hot!
Frozen Mini Corn Dogs
- Air fry. Air fry the mini corn dogs at 370°F (188°C) for 6 minutes.
- Turn and finish. Turn the mini corn dogs after 6 minutes, and rotate trays if using a convection air fryer, then continue cooking for an additional 2-4 minutes.
Corn dogs are not complete without some kind of dip. Mustard and ketchup are the tried-and-true old standbys, but they are also delicious with mayonnaise, hot sauce, honey mustard, or relish!
These crunchy corn dogs are a great quick family meal or a kid-friendly snack when time is short but you want to make something hot and delicious! Serve with your favorite dipping sauces, some air fryer tater tots, and enjoy!
🥡 Storing & Reheating
Place cooled corn dogs into an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3-4 days. Remember to always package and refrigerate or freeze your food within 1-2 hours after cooking it.
Any leftover corn dogs can easily be placed in a zippered plastic freezer bag or an airtight freezer container and placed in the freezer for up to 2-3 months. Your leftover corn dogs are best eaten within the first 2 months of being frozen again.
When you’re ready to enjoy them again just pop them into the air fryer (no thawing necessary!), after preheating to 400°F (204°C). Cook for 3-5 minutes and they will be just as crispy and golden as the first time around!
If you want to reheat the corn dogs in the oven, it’s best to allow them to thaw. Preheat the oven at 350°F (175°C) and place them on a baking sheet. They will be ready to eat in 10 minutes!
Air Fryer Corn Dogs (Frozen Corn Dogs & Mini Corn Dogs)
- 4 corn dogs (frozen)
- cooking oil
- Coat your air fryer basket with a light amount of cooking oil, either by spreading the oil using a pastry brush or spritz bottle.cooking oil
- Arrange your corn dogs or mini corn dogs in a single layer in your air fryer basket or on trays. Trim the corn dog sticks, if needed.4 corn dogs
Frozen Corn Dogs
- Air fry the corn dogs at 370°F (188°C) for 8 minutes, then flip and continue cooking an additional 2-4 minutes.
- Allow the corn dogs to cool slightly after air frying, as the sticks can be very hot.
Frozen Mini Corn Dogs
- Air fry the corn dogs at 370°F (188°C) for 6 minutes, then flip or roll and continue cooking an additional 2-4 minutes.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!