Best Father's Day desserts: cakes, pies, dessert bars, cookies, and more tasty treats that will have Dad feeling extra special! There are recipes for every skill level. So even if you aren't an experienced baker, you can still pull off a fabulous Father's Day dessert!
Amazing Desserts To Treat Dad To This Father's Day
Father's Day is dedicated to honoring and celebrating the paternal figures in our lives. What better way to express your love and appreciation for Dad than by treating him to some delectable homemade desserts?
Whether your dad is a fan of light and fruity flavors or prefers rich chocolate confections, you should be able to find the perfect recipe below. My family has tried and tested each, so yours is sure to love them too!
- Amazing Desserts To Treat Dad To This Father's Day
- 1. Raspberry White Chocolate Blondies
- 2. Chocolate Loaf Cake
- 3. Cherry Blossom Cookies
- 4. Almond Brownies
- 5. Butter Crunch Cookies
- 6. Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies
- 7. Orange Loaf Cake
- 8. Coconut Loaf Cake
- 9. Dutch Apple Cake
- 10. Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars
- 11. Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies
- 12. Blueberry Pie Bars
- 13. Flourless Chocolate Raspberry Cake
- 14. Easy Chocolate Cake
- 15. Gumdrop Cookies
- 16. Peach Galette
- 17. Baked Apples
- Tips For Picking Your Father's Day Desserts
- 😋🍴 More Recipes Dad Will Love
- 📋 Recipe
- Best Father's Day Desserts: Raspberry White Chocolate Blondies (+17 Best Treats To Make!)
- Ingredients US CustomaryMetric
- Equipment You May Need
- 💬 Comments
If you want to make Dad dinner and dessert this year, be sure to check out my favorite Father's Day dinner recipes here!
1. Raspberry White Chocolate Blondies
Soft and chewy blondies loaded with juicy raspberries and white chocolate chips. These tasty dessert bars are perfect for sharing!
2. Chocolate Loaf Cake
If Dad is a fan of chocolate, he'll certainly enjoy a moist homemade chocolate loaf cake. It's simple enough to enjoy with coffee at breakfast while decadent enough to serve as an after-dinner dessert!
3. Cherry Blossom Cookies
Cherry blossom cookies utilize the classic flavor combination of chocolate and cherries. Each cookie is topped with a milk chocolate Hershey's kiss. They almost look too good to eat!
4. Almond Brownies
Rich and chewy chocolate brownies packed with crushed almonds for an extra crunch! The batter can be made in just one bowl, so it's a super simple recipe anyone can make!
5. Butter Crunch Cookies
Brown butter and toffee bits give these soft cookies a uniquely rich flavor. Despite their name, the cookies are soft and chewy, with the crunch coming from the toffee candy mixed into the dough.
6. Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies
There's something nostalgic about a soft, homemade oatmeal peanut butter cookie. My secret ingredient is a pinch of cinnamon which gives the cookies a warm and subtly spiced flavor.
>>>>See all of my recipes HERE<<<<
7. Orange Loaf Cake
The bright citrus flavor of this loaf cake makes it a great treat to enjoy any time of day! It is topped off with a super simple orange icing that will have Dad savoring every bite.
8. Coconut Loaf Cake
If Dad is a fan of coconut, he'll adore this moist coconut cake with a vanilla coconut glaze. It only takes 10 minutes of prep time before you pop it in the oven and let it do the rest!
9. Dutch Apple Cake
A light and fluffy cake topped off with thinly sliced cinnamon apples. If Dad prefers a treat that is not overly sweet, this cake never disappoints.
10. Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars
Fluffy pastry and creamy cheesecake filling come together in these easy and delicious dessert bars. You can even make them in advance and keep them in the fridge until you need them!
11. Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies
Peanut butter cookies with swirls of Nutella throughout and an extra big glob of melted Nutella in the center! I like to add some chocolate chips to the dough for an even chocolatier cookie.
12. Blueberry Pie Bars
If you're having a family get-together for Father's Day this year, you can't go wrong serving these easy and delicious blueberry pie bars! They have all the flavor of a blueberry pie but are much simpler to make.
13. Flourless Chocolate Raspberry Cake
If Dad is gluten-free, he can still enjoy a delicious and decadent dessert. This chocolate raspberry cake is so moist and flavorful you can't even tell there's no flour!
14. Easy Chocolate Cake
If baking's not your forte, you can still make a delicious dessert from scratch! This easy chocolate cake recipe is practically fool-proof, and who doesn't like chocolate cake?
15. Gumdrop Cookies
These fun gumdrop cookies will bring out your Dad's inner child. Each cookie is studded with rainbow gumdrop candies that become wonderfully chewy when they melt!
16. Peach Galette
A peach galette is like a rustic French pie with layers of fresh sliced peaches in a flaky crust. Top each slice with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a stunning summer treat!
17. Baked Apples
The natural sweetness of the apples comes out when they're baked, and they are slathered in brown sugar and cinnamon butter. If you think that sounds good, try them with some vanilla ice cream. It's downright heavenly!
Tips For Picking Your Father's Day Desserts
Before you get to baking, here are a few key things to keep in mind when choosing which recipes to make:
- Consider His Preferences: What are your Dad's favorite desserts and flavors? Is he a fan of fruity sweets, or does he prefer chocolate? It's his day, after all!
- Go for Classic Comfort: Is there a nostalgic dessert your dad hasn't had in a while? Bring back fond memories by making a dessert that Grandma used to make! Classic recipes like apple pie, strawberry shortcake, blackberry crisp, or homemade chocolate chip cookies are sure to be a hit.
- Keep His Dietary Needs in Mind: If your dad has any dietary restrictions, make sure to keep them in mind (like sugar-free, gluten-free, low-carb, vegan, etc.). It would be a shame to make a fabulous dessert he can't eat!
- Ease of Preparation: Work within your comfort level. There are so many incredible desserts that are beautiful to look at but surprisingly easy to make. If you're comfortable with something more complex, go for it!
- Pair with His Favorite Meal: If you're making Dad dinner and dessert, try to pick something sweet that complements the main course. For instance, if BBQ is on the menu, something light and fruity would make an excellent after-dinner dessert!
Let me know what desserts you try and what your Dad thinks of them by leaving me a comment below! I'd love to hear about it!
😋🍴 More Recipes Dad Will Love
- Grilled Baby Back Ribs - If your dad wants to fire up the grill this Father's Day, you can't go wrong with super tender baby back ribs!
- Smoked Gouda Mac and Cheese - This gourmet mac and cheese has a subtly smoky flavor that pairs perfectly with grilled meats and BBQ!
- Bison Burgers - Whip up some juicy bison burgers for a memorable Father's Day dinner!
- Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers - Bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers are a crowd-favorite appetizer, and they're keto too!
- Old Fashioned Cocktail - If your dad enjoys bourbon, a classic old-fashioned cocktail would make a great accompaniment to dinner.
- Slow Cooker Brisket - This is arguably the easiest way to make succulent, perfectly cooked brisket.
Do you love a recipe you tried? Please leave a 5-star 🌟rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page.
Stay in touch with me through social media @ Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter! Subscribe to the newsletter today (no spam, I promise)! Don't forget to tag me when you try one of my recipes!
Best Father's Day Desserts: Raspberry White Chocolate Blondies (+17 Best Treats To Make!)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and lightly grease an 8x8 baking dish, or line it with parchment paper that slightly hangs over the sides (for easy removal).
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together ⅔ cup sugar and the melted ½ cup butter until well combined. Then, add 1 large egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and mix until combined.⅔ cup sugar, ½ cup butter, 1 large egg, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a separate bowl, whisk together 1¼ cups all-purpose flour, ½ teaspoon baking powder, and ⅛ teaspoon salt. Then, gently toss ¾ cup raspberries into the mixture.1¼ cups all-purpose flour, ½ teaspoon baking powder, ⅛ teaspoon salt, ¾ cup raspberries
- Pour the raspberry and flour mixture into the wet ingredients and gently fold them together. When it is almost combined, add ⅔ cup white chocolate chips and finish folding everything together.⅔ cup white chocolate chips
- Pour the batter into the prepared 8x8 baking dish and bake in the oven at 350°F (175°C) for 25-35 minutes, or until the edges are golden.
- Let the blondies cool before removing them from the pan (if desired) and optionally drizzle with extra melted white chocolate before slicing and serving.
- A 9x9 baking dish will make these blondies too thin, but you can double the recipe and make them in a 9x13 baking dish. The baking time may change, but I would still start checking them for doneness around 25 minutes.
- You can use fresh or frozen raspberries for these blondies. If using frozen, don't thaw them out first.
- These blondies have a chewy fudgy consistency. Make sure you only mix the batter until everything is combined, as overmixing will incorporate too much air and give them a cake-like texture.
- To prevent your fresh raspberries from squishing while you are folding them into the batter, you can slightly freeze them beforehand.
- You can add some chopped almonds or pecans for some added crunch.
- A drizzle of melted white chocolate is optional, but completely delicious!
- To store: Keep your blondies stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days or in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- To freeze: You can freeze the whole batch of blondies are portion them into individual bars first. Just wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and then place them into a freezer-safe storage bag. This way, they can be frozen for up to 2 months.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!