These dessert bar recipes are some of my go-to, all-time favorite recipes to make for any occasion all year long! I love how the possibilities are endless with dessert bars- you can add some extra mix-ins or finish them with a drizzle of your favorite topping!
The Very Best Dessert Bar Recipes
Dessert bars are great for an after-dinner treat, having a celebration, or even hanging out on the patio! I compiled this list of my best dessert bar recipes, just for you!
No matter what your sweet craving is, you will be able to find a dessert bar recipe that is exactly what you need! Chocolate, butterscotch, lemons, or pecans- they’re all right here!
1. Chocolate Revel Bars
The delicious, fudgy flavor combined with the sweet oat crust is what makes these chocolate revel bars so addicting! Everyone will be lining up to give these bars a try because they are completely irresistible!
What’s better than a delectable, chocolatey dessert? One that is also incredibly easy to make!
2. Christmas M&M Cookie Bars
These Christmas M&M cookie bars make a great addition to the lineup of holiday baking. They are filled with chocolate chips and colored candy which makes them a family favorite.
These bars are so easy to make that they are a great dessert to let your kids help out with! Trade out the red and green M&Ms and you can make this any time of the year!
3. Hello Dolly Bars
This tasty dessert bar is all about layers. Graham crackers, chocolate chips, butterscotch, shredded coconut, and pecans all come together to make a cookie bar that is one of a kind!
This very popular bar is loved by both kids and adults! The decadent variety of flavors is going to be remembered!
4. 2 Ingredient Lemon Bars
2 ingredients are the only thing you’re going to need to make the citrusy bar! Lemon bars are already loved by many, so why not make them even easier? Once you try out this recipe you won’t want to make them any other way!
You can make these lemon bars even more delicious by using my microwave lemon curd instead of the lemon crème filling! You won’t be disappointed!
5. Chocolate Chip Maraschino Cherry Almond Bars
Chocolate-covered cherries are such a well-loved treat. In this recipe, I used that same flavor concept to make a crave-worthy chocolatey, creamy almond bar! Not only are they delicious, but the cherries add a nice pop of red that make them fun and festive!
The hardest part about this recipe is having to wait for it to chill in the fridge. But don’t worry, it is well worth it!
6. Chocolate Pecan Slab Pie Bars
Chewy and crunchy come together in this irresistible chocolatey dessert! These bars are a crowd-pleaser every time I serve them! No matter the occasion, this is the recipe you need to be the best dessert on the table!
Make sure to make an extra big batch because these slab pie bars will vanish quickly!
7. Strawberry Pineapple Lemonade Bars
This fun and fruity treat are perfect for the summertime (or any time of year)! If regular lemon bars just aren’t enough to satisfy that sweet tooth then this is exactly what you need!
These bars are a staple dessert in my household because they are so good! Whether you will be hanging out at home with the family or going to a get-together, these strawberry pineapple lemonade bars are going to be a hit!
8. Lemon Bars
The citrusy, tart-yet-sweet flavor of these lemon bars is one of my all-time favorites! You cannot go wrong with this classic recipe.
Anyone who loves lemons as much as I do is going to line up to try these! Made entirely of pantry staple ingredients, you won’t even need to make a trip to the store.
9. Pineapple Bars
These pineapple bars are a delightful alternative to the classic lemon bars. If you love pineapple you will love this dessert!
I highly recommend you drizzle the coconut icing on top to add that final, sweet touch! Add some toasted coconut shavings to make it even better!
These dessert bar recipes are so easy and delicious, that you'll want to make them again and again! Leave a comment below and let me know which bar is your favorite!
Best Dessert Bar Recipes: Chocolate Revel Bars (+More Great Sweets!)
Crust & Crumble Topping
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and lightly grease, butter, or spray a 9x13 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together the brown sugar and butter until smooth then add the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix to combine then stir in the baking soda and salt.1 cup butter, 2 cups light brown sugar, 2 large eggs, 2 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon salt
- Add the all-purpose flour and quick oats and mix until evenly distributed.3 cups quick cooking oats, 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- Transfer ⅔ of the crust and crumble mixture into your prepared baking dish and use your hands to press this down into the pan firmly as your bottom crust. Set the remaining ⅓ aside to use as the crumble topping later.
Make the Chocolate Filling
- Heat a large saucepan over low heat with the chocolate filling layer ingredients including condensed milk, chocolate chips, butter, and salt. Stir occasionally until the sauce is smooth.14 oz sweetened condensed milk, 12 oz chocolate chips, 3 tablespoon butter, 1 teaspoon salt
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract then the chopped walnuts.2 teaspoon vanilla extract, ⅓ cup walnuts
- Transfer the filling layer to the pan by spooning or pouring the filling down the center of your oat base in the baking dish. Use a spatula to spread the filling out to the pan edges. Sprinkle the remaining crumble mixture over the top of the chocolate layer.
- Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 30-35 minutes, or until the topping is a light golden brown.
- Room temperature eggs incorporate into dough much more easily! To bring your eggs to room temp, leave them on your counter for no more than 90 minutes. Alternatively, you can place the eggs into a bowl of warm water for 15 minutes, changing out the water every 5 minutes.
- If you prefer to make this a gluten-free dessert, you can substitute 1:1 gluten-free flour! Make sure you’re using a blend that includes xanthan gum, a binding agent that helps gluten-free baked goods not fall apart.
- I like to toast my walnuts for the best flavor! Spread out the chopped walnuts in an even layer and toast in the oven at 350°F (175°C) for about 5 to 7 minutes, or until the walnuts are fragrant and golden brown.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!