This incredibly flavorful air fryer salmon is a quick and easy dinner to have on the table to feed a hungry family in no time! Salmon is a family favorite seafood main in our household, and for great reason! This versatile fish packs a ton of flavor in the tender, flaky meat!
Air Fryer Salmon Recipe
This delicious salmon recipe is quick and easy to make without sacrificing flavor. We use wild-caught salmon for the greatest quality when available.
With just 3 simple ingredients and an air fryer, you’ll have dinner on the table in less than 15 minutes. This is great for weeknights and busy schedules.
The quick and easy air fried salmon recipe your whole family will love!
Even the most novice of cooks can whip this up and impress dinner dates, friends, and those hard to please family members.
❤️ Why You'll Love This Recipe!
It’s Healthy! And good for you. Salmon is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids and is a great source of protein.
It’s Versatile! We use seasonings of salt, pepper, & paprika, however, you can easily swap your favorite seasonings such as a lemon herb or oregano.
It’s Easy! The air fryer does all the cooking for you in a short amount of time!
I love to make this recipe because I always have the ingredients on hand as they are pantry staples. I use avocado oil because it has a higher smoke point than other oils and is much healthier than its vegetable oil counterparts.
- 12 ounces Sockeye Salmon - Cut the fillets into 4-ounce portions, descale, then rinse them.
- 1 tablespoon Avocado Oil - Avocado oil assists the seasonings to stick to the salmon and helps the salmon cook in the air fryer. Don’t have avocado oil? Go ahead and use extra virgin olive oil.
- ¼ teaspoon each, Salt & Pepper (or to taste) - Salt and pepper are staples in cooking. I prefer to use sea salt and freshly ground black pepper for better flavor on my delicious salmon fillets.
- ¼ teaspoon of Paprika - Gives your air fryer salmon a nice kick of flavor.
- Lemon - This is optional to add at the end as many like to squeeze fresh lemon on their Salmon. It’s not required though and is really all about preference.
If possible, use a great cut from Chinook/King Salmon, Coho/Silver, or (Copper River) Sockeye/Red salmon varieties.
*Be sure to see the recipe card below for ingredients, amounts & instructions!*
Salmon is more versatile than many realize. (Don't forget to check out all my salmon recipes!) This recipe is great as is but here are a few ways you can customize it to your liking:
Honey & Brown Sugar- For a sweeter version you can brush the top with honey and sprinkle brown sugar on your salmon. I suggest a small amount of minced garlic to offset the sweetness.
Herbs & Cream- You could spread mayonnaise, sour cream, or yogurt and top with a blend of dill, thyme, and rosemary.
Italian Style- Onion or shallots, minced garlic, and Italian seasoning also add a great flavor profile!
Cajun Spiced - Add a generous amount of our flavorful Cajun seasoning to your flavorful salmon for a robust seafood entree!
🔪 Step-by-Step Instructions
The only special equipment you need is an Air Fryer- but I bet you knew that already!😊 Grab your basting brush, ingredients, and air fryer basket and you’re ready to go!
- Rinse. Start by rinsing the salmon pieces and pat dry. Brush each side of the salmon with avocado oil and season with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Arrange. Set each salmon filet in the air fryer basket arranging them in a single layer with enough room between them for air to circulate.
- Air fry. Cook the fillets at 390°F (199°C) for 5-7 minutes.
- Check. When time is up, open the air fryer basket and use a fork to check the doneness. If the air-fried salmon flakes apart easily at its thickest portion, it’s ready to serve.
- Serve. Remove from the air fryer when done and serve immediately with a slice of lemon or two, if desired.
💭 Angela's Tips & Recipe Notes
- Cook with the skin side down. For best results, you’ll want to place your salmon in the air fryer basket skin side down to cook.
- Want to skip the thawing? You can use frozen salmon too. Frozen salmon can also be cooked in the air fryer without having to thaw it out. Follow the instructions as is and add a couple more minutes. Check with your fork for the desired doneness.
- Cooking times vary. Keep in mind that cooking time can vary greatly depending on the thickness of your fillets and your air fryer model. My fillets were 1 to 1½-inches thick and were cooked in a 5.8-quart Cosori Pro XL air fryer.
- Levels of doneness. I prefer my Salmon on the rarer side, but other levels of doneness are as follows:
Rare: 120-125°F (49-52°C)
Medium: 130°F (55°C)
Well-done: 145°F (63°C)
🥡 Storing & Reheating
Cooked, air-fried salmon is best stored in an air-tight container and kept in the refrigerator. It will last 3-4 days if stored properly.
Reheating Air Fryer Salmon
You can reheat the salmon in the air fryer. Set your air fryer to 350°F and place the salmon in for 3-5 minutes.
Alternatively, you can reheat your leftover salmon in the oven. Preheat your oven to 275°F and reheat for about 15 minutes or until desired warmth. A splash of liquid will go a long way to keeping your reheating salmon moist!
🐟 More Great Salmon Recipes!
- Baked Salmon In Foil
- Seafood Chowder with Smoked Salmon
- Crab Stuffed Salmon
- Pan-Seared Salmon
- Smoked Salmon Fettuccine Alfredo
Do you love a recipe you tried? Please leave a 5-star 🌟rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page.
Stay in touch with me through social media @ Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter! Don't forget to tag me when you try one of my recipes!
Air Fryer Salmon
- 12 oz sockeye salmon (cut into 4-oz portions, de-scaled and rinsed under cool water)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- ¼ teaspoon each, salt & pepper (to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- lemon (optional, for serving)
- Start out with thoroughly patting the rinsed salmon fillets dry then brush each side of the salmon with avocado oil. Season with salt, pepper, and paprika.12 oz sockeye salmon, 1 tablespoon avocado oil, ¼ teaspoon each, salt & pepper, ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Place the salmon fillets in the air fryer basket in a single layer with plenty of room between them for the air to circulate. Cook at 390°F (199°C) for 5-7 minutes.
- Once the time is up, open the air fryer basket and use a fork to check the doneness. If the salmon flakes apart easily at its thickest portion, it's ready to serve.lemon
- Serve right away with a slice or two of lemon, if desired.
- Keep in mind that cooking time can vary greatly depending on the thickness of your fillets and your air fryer model. My fillets were 1 to 1½-inches thick.
- I prefer my salmon on the rarer side, but other levels of doneness are as follows:
- Rare: 120-125°F (49-52°C)
- Medium: 130°F (55°C)
- Well-done: 145°F (63°C)
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!