This delightfully tangy and smooth vodka margarita, aka vodkarita, is a wonderful spin on a classic margarita drink! This easy-to-make cocktail combines all of the usual margarita ingredients with vodka for a refreshing cocktail that you're sure to love!
You'll love how tasty and smooth this tart and citrusy vodka margarita is!
Wondering if a 'margarita' can still be a margarita without the tequila? The answer is a HUGE YES! And it tastes amazing!
I love a margarita, traditional or otherwise, and think this vodkarita is right up there with any of the best cocktails I've tried. Fantastic!
- Ice - Make sure you have plenty of ice on hand before starting.
- Vodka - Look for well-known, quality brands like Absolut, Grey Goose, Ketel One, etc.
- Lime Juice - Freshly squeezed is always best. However, if in a hurry, store bought lime juice works in a pinch.
- Triple Sec - Any orange liqueur will work. I like to use Cointreau or Grand Marnier.
- Simple Syrup - You can substitute either agave syrup or honey. Both are great but I like agave syrup best when substituting for simple syrup in margaritas.
- Optional Garnish - The classic combination of a lime wedge and margarita salt.
- Preparation. Start out with tipping your glass to salt the rim of your margarita glasses. Fill a margarita glass halfway with ice then set aside.
- Pour into your shaker. Next, add 2 ounces of vodka, 1 once lime juice, ½ ounce triple sec, and ½ once of simple syrup over ice in your martini shaker.
- Shake and strain. Cover and shake until very cold, about 20 seconds, then strain into your margarita glass with ice.
- Garnish and serve. To serve, garnish with a lime slice or wedge and enjoy!
🥂 Pitcher & Party Size
Hosting a gathering or party? It is so easy to make this pitcher-size vodka margarita for a crowd! Just put everything into a pitcher and shake (you will want to get one with a tight-fitting lid to shake the pitcher).
If there's no lid on your pitcher, give it a real good stir, then pour over ice into your salted margarita glasses.
Ingredients For Vodka Margarita Pitchers
- 3 cups Ice
- 2 cups Vodka
- 1 cup Lime Juice
- ½ cup Triple Sec (or Cointreau or Grand Marnier)
- ½ cup Simple Syrup (or Agave Syrup)
🥂 Cocktail Tips & Variations
Don't have a shaker? You can use any glass jar, like a Mason canning jar!
Chill your vodka in the freezer. It will keep the drink colder for longer, therefore, needing less ice.
Squeeze your own lime juice. Freshly squeezed lime juice upgrades the overall taste of your vodka margaritas!
Better Ingredients = Better Cocktails. Quality vodka, liqueur, syrups, and juices make a big difference in your end result!
🍲 Foods To Serve With
For a great margarita appetizer maybe you can try one of these below.
- Mexican Shrimp Cocktail is a tasty appetizer for any meal but also great to just snack on with your drinks!
- Tortilla Chips with Salsa Roja, Pico de Gallo, and Creamy Guacamole
- Quesadillas made in an air fryer!
- For something different serve my hot Lobster Artichoke Dip with some cubed Cob Loaf for dipping!
Do you love a recipe you tried? Please leave a 5-star 🌟rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page.
Stay in touch with me through social media @ Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter! Don't forget to tag me when you try one of my recipes!
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce lime juice
- ½ ounce Triple Sec (or Cointreau or Grand Marnier)
- ½ ounce simple syrup (or agave syrup or honey)
- lime wedge & margarita salt (optional garnishes)
- Salt the margarita glass(es), and fill a margarita glass halfway with ice then set aside.ice
- Add vodka, lime juice, orange liqueur, and simple syrup over ice in a martini shaker.ice, 2 ounces vodka, 1 ounce lime juice, ½ ounce Triple Sec, ½ ounce simple syrup
- Cover and shake until very cold about 20 seconds, strain over the margarita glass with ice.
- Garnish with a lime wedge, serve, and enjoy!lime wedge & margarita salt
Equipment You May Need
- You can use a glass mason jar as a great sealable shaker if you don't have one!
- Store your vodka in the freezer so that it is wonderfully chilled.
- Freshly squeezed lime juice makes all cocktails better.
- Use the best ingredients you can to build a better drink.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!