Pan Seared Sirloin Steak Tips are a super easy way to make steak bites to serve as an appetizer or main for family dinners! They’re cooked with fresh herbs until beautifully seared and basted in butter for amazing flavor! Best of all, these tasty sirloin tips are ready to serve in only a few minutes!
Looking for more fantastic beef dinners? Try my Hunan Beef stir fry or easy Ground Beef Stroganoff! Or try my delicious Chinese Beef Meatballs, another recipe that works as either an appetizer or beef entree!
Pan Seared Sirloin Steak Tips Recipe
My pan seared steak bites are a super way to get dinner on the table fast! No need to make a special herb butter for steak, as the cubed sirloin tip steak is cooked with fresh herbs and basted with butter that picks up the fresh herb flavors!
Use toothpicks to serve as an appetizer, or serve your sirloin steak bites with a side of potatoes or pasta with vegetables for a quick and complete family meal! My favorite pasta method is to toss the cooked pasta in the pan juices with a bit of cream for an out of this world beef noodle dinner!
How To Make Pan Seared Sirloin Steak Tips
To start your steak bites, cube your sirloin tip steak into bite size chunks and season with my steak seasoning. Other steak cuts will work. I suggest similar lean steaks with minimal gristle, and I like the more affordable cuts for these as well.
*Ribeye steaks and tenderloin make divinely delicious steak bites, but they are a more expensive cut. For a super cheap option use a chuck roast and cut into steaks or bites ( and finish them with ghee for the most amazingly tender bites from a less premium beef cut )!
Bring a large skillet, frying pan, cast iron skillet or griddle to high heat with the extra virgin olive oil. Once the oil begins to shimmer, and is just beginning to smoke, add the meat and fresh rosemary or thyme.
*Cast iron skillets are perfect for distributing heat evenly, and result in a beautiful caramelization on your browned steak bites. Whichever pan style you use, leave enough room to not overcrowd the steak bites. Cook in batches, if needed.
Sear the sirloin steak tips for about 4 minutes, or until browned on all sides. Add a tablespoon size portion of butter and melt in the pan, then baste over your cubed steak tips for 30 seconds. *This is a great time to add minced garlic, if desired, and cook with the butter to finish the steak bites.
Garnish with fresh, chopped parsley and serve immediately. Enjoy!
More Perfect Pan Seared Steaks
Pan Seared Sirloin Steak Tips
- 1 Tbsp olive oil (extra virgin)
- 1 1/2 lb sirloin steak tips (cut into bite size cubes)
- 1/2 Tbsp steak seasoning
- 1 sprig rosemary (and/or fresh thyme)
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Bring a large frying pan, skillet, or griddle with the olive oil to high heat. The oil should begin to shimmer, and should be just starting to smoke.
- Season the steak tips with steak seasoning, then add the cubed sirloin steak tips along with herbs for aromatics. Cook for about 4 minutes, or until all sides are browned. If you are using a small pan, cook the meat in batches to prevent over crowding the meat.
- Just before serving, add the tablespoon portion pat of butter and baste the melted butter over the cooked steak tips for about 30 seconds. Serve immediately. Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma’s kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!