These delightfully tasty and crispy air fryer brussel sprouts couldn't be any easier to cook up to absolute perfection! Once fully cooked, you can choose your favorite flavors or stir-ins to dress them up and customize to your liking!
Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts Recipe
You could make brussel sprouts in the oven. But why would you when you can make perfectly crisp and crunchy ones in the air fryer?
If you’re a fan of brussel sprouts, you’ll go ga-ga over this air fryer recipe! Even if brussel sprouts aren’t your number one veg, this recipe just might change your mind.
Crisped to perfection, these brussels sprouts will quickly become your new favorite side dish.
With a perfectly browned and crisped exterior, this brussel sprouts recipe provides a crunchy texture that’s nothing short of addictive. You can play around with this simple recipe, too, to create flavor profiles tailored to your family's tastes and preferences.
❤️ Why You'll Love This Recipe!
- So Easy! With two ingredients (plus seasonings) and one appliance, you can whip these brussel sprouts together in a flash.
- Perfectly Crunchy! If you’re a fan of crispy veggies, you’ll love the delightful texture this recipe produces.
- Healthier than Fried! Deep-fried brussel sprouts get a healthy makeover by using the air fryer instead.
After tasting how delicious and crunchy these brussel sprouts are, you’ll be surprised to learn there are only two ingredients (plus seasonings). Not only that, but these staple ingredients are in most pantries, making this a simple go-to side dish or snack.
- Brussel Sprouts - These miniature-sized cabbages are the perfect option for side dishes whether you’re baking salmon or BBQ ribs.
- Olive Oil - Essential for that “fried” texture, olive oil provides a crunchy exterior while also adding a depth of flavor.
- Seasonings - Salt, pepper, and garlic work together to create a desirable flavor that will wow any palate. (You can always add other flavors later. Check out the “Tips” section!)
*Be sure to see the recipe card below for ingredients, amounts & instructions!*
🔪 Step-By-Step Instructions
If you own an air fryer, you know how easy it is to use. Well, this brussel sprout recipe follows suit. With a little bit of tossing and layering, you can serve up brussel sprouts that are delightfully crispy and bursting with flavor.
- Preheat the air fryer. Start by preheating your air fryer to 390°F (200°C).
- Prepare the brussel sprouts. In a large bowl, toss one pound of brussels sprouts with two tablespoons olive oil, one teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon ground black pepper, and ½ teaspoon of garlic powder.
*Make sure brussel sprouts are no larger than one inch thick. If thicker, cut in half or quarters to ensure adequate crispy tenderness.
- Air fry. Place brussel sprouts in an even layer in the air fryer basket. Air fry at 390°F (200°C) for ten minutes. Toss and return to the air fryer for an additional ten minutes. Toss one more time and finish for five more minutes or until the brussel sprouts have reached desired crispness.
These brussel sprouts are yummy enough to be served as a snack. Even kids will love the crispy and crunchy texture that resembles chips.
You can also serve as a side with your favorite dinners, from pasta to poultry. Enjoy!
💭 Angela's Tips & Recipe Notes
- Preheating your air fryer is not necessary. However, if not preheated, you will need to add more minutes to your total cook time.
- There are no limits when it comes to flavoring these brussel sprouts. For a sweet twist, coat with balsamic or honey. Add a zesty nut taste with Parmesan. Pump up the salt factor with everyone’s favorite crisp meat, bacon. Make it hot with some buffalo sauce or sriracha. Try a new idea every time you make this recipe!
- If you want to tame the crunchiness and have a more tender interior, soak the brussel sprouts in water for about ten minutes before air frying.
🥡 Storing & Reheating
It’s not likely you will end up with leftovers; this recipe is just too delicious. But in case you make too many to finish, don’t panic. These air-fried brussel sprouts can be stored and reheated at a later date. Here is how to do it.
The best place to store air-fried brussel sprouts is in the fridge for up to four days. Make sure they are placed in an airtight container. The brussel sprouts should be cooled off entirely before storing. Otherwise, they may end up on the soggy side. No thanks!
You can also store them in the freezer, although it is not recommended. Air-fried brussel sprouts can go in the freezer for up to three months. They must be thawed before reheating. Be aware that it will be challenging to return them to the same crispy texture after being frozen.
Reheating Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
Reheating is as easy as making the brussel sprouts in the first place. Just pop them back into your air fryer basket and cook for two to three minutes at 380F. This will help the desired crispy texture return to the brussel sprouts.
You can also use the oven if you wish. To reheat using the oven, place the leftovers on a baking sheet and place them in the oven for 350F. It will take a couple of minutes for the brussel sprouts to warm up.
It is not recommended to reheat leftover air-fried Brussels sprouts in the microwave. The texture will be less crunchy. However, it’s an option if you’re in a pinch and need to heat them up ASAP (and you don’t have your trusty air fryer on hand).
😋 More Great Air Fryer Recipes
Before cooking, it isn’t necessary to soak the brussel sprouts unless you’re looking to keep the interior extra tender while the outside crisps up. You should, however, rinse off brussel sprouts (and any other vegetable) before using them to remove any dirt or grime that may be present.
You might not be using enough oil. This recipe specifically calls for two tablespoons of olive oil. Don’t try to get by with a single tablespoon. Also, it may be an issue of not being air-fried long enough. After the 20-minute mark, add five minutes until they’re crisped to your liking.
You don’t need to cut the brussel sprouts before using this recipe if they are all relatively the same size and not over an inch thick. If any brussel sprouts are larger than an inch, cut them in half or smaller to reach the same desired texture as the rest of the vegetables.
Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts
- 1 lb brussel sprouts (washed and trimmed, cut large brussel sprouts in half or quarters)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat your air fryer to 390°F (200°C) while preparing your brussel sprouts.
- Toss the prepared brussel sprouts in a large bowl with olive oil and seasoning (salt, pepper, garlic powder) until well coated. Transfer to your air fryer basket and spread in an even layer.1 lb brussel sprouts, 2 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon ground black pepper, ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Air fry at 390°F (200°C) for 10 minutes, toss and return to your air fryer for another 10 minutes. Toss again and finish for 5 additional minutes, or until the brussel sprouts have reached your desired level of tenderness.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!