Crispy roasted red potatoes are the side dish that goes with anything and they are incredibly easy to make in the oven! Delightfully crisp on the outside and tender on the inside, these oven-roasted potatoes will pair well with any main course!
Super Crisp Oven Roasted Potatoes
I'm always on the hunt for easy side dishes to pair with our weeknight dinners and this recipe for crispy oven-roasted red potatoes is one of my favorites. A simple seasoning gives them all the flavor they need, and you can serve them with just about anything!
You only need 4 ingredients to make perfectly crispy roasted red potatoes! If you have the potatoes on hand, then everything else is likely in your cabinets.
- 2 pounds Red Potatoes - Baby red potatoes will also work.
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil - Extra virgin is preferred.
- ½ teaspoon each, Salt & Pepper - More or less to your taste.
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder - Garlic powder is best as minced fresh garlic will burn at high temperatures.
*Be sure to see the recipe card below for ingredients, amounts & instructions!*
🔪 Step-by-Step Instructions
With just a few minutes of prep, you will have plenty of time to focus on your main course! Grab a large rimmed baking sheet and some parchment paper.
- Prep. Preheat your oven to 450°F (232°C) and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper (*see note).
- Chop and season. While the oven preheats, wash 2 pounds of red potatoes and pat them dry with paper towels. Chop the potatoes into chunks between 1 ½ - 2 inches in size. Toss the chunks with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, ½ a teaspoon of both salt and pepper, and ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder. (You can do this directly on the baking sheet or in a large mixing bowl.)
- Bake. Make sure all the potatoes are laying with the cut side face down on the baking sheet, then bake in the middle of your oven's center rack for 35-35 minutes. *I prefer to bake for 25, then turn the potatoes to crisp another cut side for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve. Remove from the oven when done and serve immediately
I've recently enjoyed these potatoes with country style pork loin chops and roasted leg of lamb, but they would be good with any protein! Whether you are making fish, chicken, venison, you name it. Enjoy!
💭 Angela's Tips & Recipe Notes
- Parchment paper helps with easy cleanup! Many people prefer crisping potatoes directly on the baking sheet, but I've tried it both ways and have found that they turn out equally crisp when using parchment paper.
- Try different fats, if desired. In place of the olive oil, you could use melted duck, beef, or lamb fat. It will infuse the potatoes with that flavor!
- The larger the chunks, the better the contrast. Larger chunks of potatoes means you can taste the contrast between the crispy outside and fluffy inside!
- Storing: These potatoes are best right after they come out of the oven. You may refrigerate them in an airtight container if you plan on eating them within 5 days. To freeze them, place them in a freezer bag and squeeze the air out. They will keep for up to 4 months.
- Reheating: Defrost frozen potatoes in the fridge overnight. To reheat and re-crisp, place them on a baking sheet in the oven at 400°F (205°C) for 10-15 minutes.
😋 More Simple Sides!
- Greek Salad
- Roasted Okra
- Roasted Peppers and Onions
- Buttered Peas and Carrots
- Crockpot Green Beans and Potatoes
- Instant Pot Buttered Cabbage
Do you love a recipe you tried? Please leave a 5-star 🌟rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page.
Stay in touch with me through social media @ Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter! Don't forget to tag me when you try one of my recipes!
Crispy Roasted Red Potatoes
- 2 lbs red potatoes (or baby red potatoes)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon each, salt & pepper (to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat your oven to 450°F (232°C) and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and pat dry the red potatoes, then chop into chunks between 1 ½ - 2 inches in size. Toss with olive oil and seasoning (salt, pepper, and garlic powder) either in a bowl or directly on the baking sheet.2 lbs red potatoes, 2 tablespoon olive oil, ½ teaspoon each, salt & pepper, ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Turn your potatoes so that the cut sides are facing downward then bake in the middle of your oven's center rack for 25-35 minutes. *I prefer to bake for 25, then turn the potatoes to crisp another cut side for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven when done and serve immediately.
- Some people prefer to roast their potatoes directly on the baking sheet, however, I prefer the easy clean up and find my roasted potatoes turn out delightfully crispy either way.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!