I love this amazingly tasty and easy Jamaican Rum Punch! I can scale the recipe up for large gatherings and serve it in a punch bowl, or enjoy a single cocktail while wishing for sunny weather and a tropical getaway!!
This fruit based cocktail is a favorite of tourists and bartenders in Jamaica for a reason! It's absolutely tasty, but be careful...it does pack a punch!
My refreshing Jamaican Rum Punch is perfect for entertaining, or sipping while grilling! This colorful cocktail combines light, dark, and coconut flavored rum with pineapple, orange, and lime juice with a splash of grenadine.
The fruity punch is so easy to drink, that you can forget that it's pretty heavy on the alcohol content as well. If serving as a punch in a large bowl for a party, be sure to use small glasses so your guests don't get too tipsy 🙂
I've included my favorite brands for a truly authentic Jamaican flavor! You simply can't go wrong with Wray and Nephew, Appleton Estate, or Myer's Dark Rum if you can get your hands on them.
- Light Rum - 1 ounce Wray & Nephew Overproof Rum or Bacardi Light White Rum.
- Dark Rum - ¼ ounce Myer's Dark Rum or Appleton Estate.
- Coconut Rum - 2 ounces Malibu or Bacardi brand coconut rum.
- Pineapple Juice - 2 ounces.
- Orange Juice - 1 ounce.
- Lime Juice - ½ ounces real lime juice.
- Grenadine Syrup - ¼ ounce (Anchor Cherry Syrup see notes).
- Optional Garnish - Lime, pineapple, orange or cherry.
Alternate brands are included such as Bacardi (offers light, dark and coconut rums), Plantation brand dark rum, and Captain Morgan offers a dark rum as well.
- combine ingredients (light rum, dark rum, coconut rum, pineapple juice, orange juice, lime juice, and grenadine syrup) in a shaker with ice.
- Shake well, until chilled.
- Then strain into a glass with fresh ice cubes.
- Garnish with lime, pineapple, orange or cherry.
For Large Punch Bowl Or Pitchers
- Combine ingredients (light rum, dark rum, coconut rum, pineapple juice, orange juice, lime juice, and grenadine syrup) in a large container and stir to mix.
- Add large ice cubes or ice cubes made of fruit juice to keep chilled while refrigerated for a minimum of about an hour.
- Serve into small cups, poured over fresh ice.
🥂 Cocktail Tips & Variations
In Jamaica, you would also use Anchor Cherry Syrup rather than grenadine. I have not been able to find any on a grocery store shelf, but it is available for purchase online. Oh, and the Anchor Cherry Syrup is beyond yummy!!
AND one more thing to really be in the Jamaican spirit of things and add the best to your amazing rum punch. Use real lime juice (not any bottled syrup like Rose's or squeeze lime)!!
Making Fruit Punch In Advance
The cocktail recipe below has a handy slider to adjust the serving size for making large batch Jamaican rum punch. Hover over the serving number '1' and the slider to adjust your serving size shows up.
Fruit punches like this rum punch can be made in advance for easy entertaining! Make it anytime in the day prior to your guests arrival, but not more than about 8 hours earlier.
🍲 Foods To Serve With
Island flavors and rum drinks, you need some great party appetizers. I got you covered, take a look at some of these great party foods!
- Tropical flavors like coconut work really well with the rum, try my Coconut Shrimp.
- Nachos are one of the best party foods around. Everyone will dig in to this giant pile of nachos.
- Mix in some southern bayou flavors with my Cajun Fries!
- Tater Tots, hey they aren't just for kids. Simple and bite sized.
- Well, you can also try a personal favorite like my Corn Dogs, a drink in one hand and a awesome easy corn dog in the other.
Do you love a recipe you tried? Please leave a 5-star 🌟rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page.
Stay in touch with me through social media @ Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter! Don't forget to tag me when you try one of my recipes!
Jamaican Rum Punch
- 1 oz light rum (Wray & Nephew Overproof Rum or Bacardi Light White Rum)
- ½ oz dark rum (Myer's Dark Rum or Appleton Estate)
- ¼ oz coconut rum (Malibu or Bacardi brand coconut rum)
- 2 oz pineapple juice
- 1 oz orange juice
- ½ oz lime juice
- ¼ oz grenadine syrup (Anchor Cherry Syrup)
- lime, pineapple, orange or cherry (optional, for garnish)
- Add all ingredients ( light rum, dark rum, coconut rum, pineapple juice, orange juice, lime juice, and grenadine syrup ) in a shaker with ice.
- Shake well until chilled, pour using a strainer into a glass over ice.
- Garnish with optional lime or orange slice or wedge, pineapple wedge, or maraschino cherry.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!