These heart shaped dessert ideas for Valentine's day are the perfect way to show someone how much you love them! They are adorable to look at and taste even better! From cake to cookies and everything in between, this list is packed with tons of sweet treats that you can make for that special someone!
Best Heart Shaped Dessert Recipes
When it comes to Valentine's day, nothing is more special and thoughtful than a homemade gift. With these recipes, you can take your homemade gifts to the next level by making your loved ones something sweet that they can enjoy!
Not only are all of these heart-shaped treats super cute, but they are delicious as well! Go ahead and get your heart-shaped cookie cutters ready!
These tasty Valentine's Day treats are just as cute as can be and super fun to make too!
- Puff Pastry Hearts
- Heart Shaped Sugar Cookies
- Homemade Heart Lollipops
- Sweetheart Waffles
- Shortbread Cookies
- Mini Heart Cherry Pies
- Heart Brownies With Raspberry Buttercream
- Cookie Dough Hearts
- Heart Gumdrops
- Heart Macarons
- Cheesecake Truffles
- Ding Dong Hearts
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Hearts
- Heart Donuts
- Heart Marshmallows
- Heart Cookie Boxes
- Pinata Cake
- Red Velvet Nutella Hearts
- Heart Cake Roll
- Rainbow Cheesecake Hearts
- Surprise Heart Cake
- Conversation Heart Cheesecakes
- Nutella Candy Hearts
- Sparkle Sweetheart Cookies
- Chocolate Heart Cupcakes
- Best Heart Shaped Dessert Recipes
- 1. Puff Pastry Hearts
- 2. Heart Shaped Sugar Cookies
- 3. Homemade Heart Lollipops
- 4. Sweetheart Waffles
- 5. Heart Shortbread Cookies
- 6. Mini Heart Cherry Pies
- 7. Heart Brownies With Raspberry Buttercream
- 8. Cookie Dough Hearts
- 9. Heart Gumdrops
- 10. Heart Macarons
- 11. Heart Cheesecake Truffles
- 12. Ding Dong Hearts
- 13. Chocolate Covered Strawberry Hearts
- 14. Heart Donuts
- 15. Heart Marshmallows
- 16. Heart Cookie Boxes
- 17. Pinata Cake
- 18. Red Velvet Nutella Hearts
- 19. Heart Cake Roll
- 20. Rainbow Cheesecake Hearts
- 21. Surprise Heart Cake
- 22. Conversation Heart Cheesecakes
- 23. Nutella Candy Hearts
- 24. Sparkle Sweetheart Cookies
- 25. Chocolate Heart Cupcakes
- 💖 More Valentine's Day Treats
- 📋 Recipe
There's no need to run to the store for heart-themed sweets and treats when you have so many great ideas to pick from below!
1. Puff Pastry Hearts
This two-ingredient treat is perfect for anniversaries, mother's day, and Valentine's day! Puff pastry is cut into the shape of a heart and then loaded up with some tasty cherry pie filling!
2. Heart Shaped Sugar Cookies
Sugar cookies are a dessert that is perfect for any holiday! They can easily be cut out into any shape and decorated however you like!
If this is your first time making heart shaped sugar cookies then take a look at my guide on how to make cut-out cookies!
3. Homemade Heart Lollipops
These tasty lollipops are great for giving to your kids (as well as sending them to school!) If the thought of making lollipops has you a little hesitant, don't worry since they are actually super easy to make!
4. Sweetheart Waffles
Waffles are known to be a breakfast treat, but you can easily load them up with all kinds of sweet toppings and enjoy them as a dessert! Finally, add some whipped cream and chocolate sauce and you are good to go!
5. Heart Shortbread Cookies
Shortbread is a tender and delicious type of cookie that can easily be enjoyed by itself as well as paired with other flavors! These sweet hearts are loaded with both white chocolate and raspberry!
Take a look at my guide on how to make shortbread cookies for some great tips!
6. Mini Heart Cherry Pies
If you have a fan of cherry pie then these cute little hearts are perfect for you! Just grab some pie crust and cherry pie filling and you can get started!
7. Heart Brownies With Raspberry Buttercream
Light raspberry buttercream is sandwiched between two rich and fudgy brownies for an outstanding treat! Honestly, they are so good that they should be enjoyed year-round!
8. Cookie Dough Hearts
Edible, unbaked cookie dough is cut into the shape of a heart, coated with peanut butter, and then dunked in chocolate! It really combines all of the best flavors, doesn't it?
9. Heart Gumdrops
Would you be surprised if I said these gumdrops only use 4 ingredients? Well, it's true! Simply boil the mixture and then pop them in the fridge to set up!
10. Heart Macarons
Macarons are an elegant and sophisticated treat that your special someone is bound to love! You can easily customize the flavors to be perfect for you!
11. Heart Cheesecake Truffles
These truffles are made up of Nilla wafers and cream cheese. They are popped into a heart-shaped mold and then dipped in chocolate!
12. Ding Dong Hearts
Chocolate cake is loaded with sweet frosting and then coated with ganache! These ding dongs taste even better than the ones from the grocery store!
13. Chocolate Covered Strawberry Hearts
Chocolate covered strawberries are already a classic Valentine's day treat, but did you know that you can put two strawberries together so that they look like a heart? Go ahead and try it out!
14. Heart Donuts
What better way to enjoy breakfast on Valentine's day than with some homemade heart-shaped donuts? Topped off with some strawberry icing, they couldn't be sweeter!
15. Heart Marshmallows
You can easily make marshmallows from the comfort of your own home- and these are shaped like hearts! Perfect for a cup of cocoa to start the day with the ones you love!
16. Heart Cookie Boxes
It's time to take your baking skills to the next level with these fun candy boxes! It just requires making three separate cookies and then attaching them together (it really is that easy!)
17. Pinata Cake
Surprise your loved ones with this fun and festive cake! It looks like a cute conversation heart on the outside, but candy pours out once it is cut into! Additionally, you can easily customize it by loading it up with your favorite candy!
18. Red Velvet Nutella Hearts
Imagine some sweet cinnamon rolls, but with Nutella instead of cinnamon. This mouthwatering dessert has the dough rolled into a heart shape and then is filled with rich and creamy Nutella for a treat that everyone will want to eat!
19. Heart Cake Roll
Have you ever seen a cake more beautiful than this? Not to mention, you can use a boxed cake mix to make this recipe even easier! Serve this at any Valentine's parties or festivities you have coming up to really wow your friends!
20. Rainbow Cheesecake Hearts
These impressive-looking rainbow cheesecakes are really easier to make than they look! Simply divide the cheesecake batter into separate bowls to color it, and then layer it into the heart mold!
21. Surprise Heart Cake
This may appear to be an ordinary cake on the outside, but when you cut into it a beautiful heart will be revealed! What a fun way to show someone how much you care!
22. Conversation Heart Cheesecakes
Conversation hearts bring back fond memories of my childhood. Of course, these easy cheesecakes are great for kids (and adults!)
23. Nutella Candy Hearts
If you're wanting to try your hand at making some candy then try out this recipe! In fact, these cute little hearts look just like the kind that comes out of the box of chocolates from the store!
24. Sparkle Sweetheart Cookies
This variation of blossom cookies uses milk chocolate heart-shaped candies instead of Hershey's kisses! They are so easy to make that these would be a perfect activity to do with the kids!
25. Chocolate Heart Cupcakes
These rich chocolate cupcakes are just as easy to make as any traditional cupcakes! The hearts are pulled out of the cupcakes with a cookie cutter and then loaded with frosting!
Are you wanting to make some of these decadent desserts for your loved ones this Valentine's day? Leave a comment down below and let me know which ones you are the most excited about!
>>>>See all of my recipes HERE<<<<
💖 More Valentine's Day Treats
- Valentine's Day Chocolate Covered Strawberries - Enjoy some classic chocolate-covered strawberries!
- Lemon Raspberry Baked Donuts - These baked donuts are both light and refreshing with citrus and fruity icing!
- Tanghulu - These candy-coated strawberries are perfect for Valentine's day!
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies - If you are a fan of chocolate then these crinkle cookies are for you!
- Red Velvet Cake - Red velvet cake is the unofficial cake for Valentine's day because of its vibrant red color!
- Cherry Pie Bars - These pie bars are packed with cherry pie filling for a nice and fruity dessert!
Heart Shaped Dessert Ideas: Valentine's Day Heart Puff Pastries (+More Tasty Recipes!)
- Thaw your puff pastry sheets by placing them at room temperature for about 40 minutes prior to starting.17.3 oz puff pastry sheets
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (205°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- On a lightly floured working surface, roll out your puff pastry sheets (one at a time) to just under ¼-inch thickness. Use a double set of heart-shaped metal cookie cutters, one larger than the other to cut the hearts out of the pastry sheets.17.3 oz puff pastry sheets
- Use the larger heart to cut out 8 hearts per sheet. On half of those hearts, cut out an inside heart as well (to make a heart outline).
- Place the larger, whole hearts on the baking sheet and top each with the heart outline. Repeat with the second sheet of puff pastry dough.
- Bake the puff pastry hearts at 400°F (205°C) for 15-20 minutes or until a light golden brown in color. Remove from your oven when done, press down gently on the center of the pastry heart to make an indent. Then allow the pastries to cool slightly before filling.
- Once cooled, fill the indent of each pastry heart with a generous portion of the cherry pie filling. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired and serve.21 oz cherry pie filling, ¼ cup confectioners' sugar
- You can re-roll the cut puff pastry sheets to make more if desired.
- The canned cherry pie filling will fill a doubled recipe of pastries.
- See my guide on how to make canned cherry pie filling taste better here!
- Pie filling is great as it is thickened, but jams, jellies, or preserves can also be used.
- Fresh fruit is another filling that can be used.
- Macerated strawberries are a favorite (combine sliced berries with a sprinkle of sugar and lemon juice + zest if desired, stir and set aside for about 30 minutes while the pastries bake).
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!