These super crispy Air Fryer Frozen Fish Sticks are the best way to enjoy your fish sticks whether it's as a snack, lunch, or quick dinner! This easy family favorite dinner is so much better when air fried, you won't go back to heating your fish sticks in the oven!
Delicious & Crispy Air Fried Fish Sticks Are Sure To Be A Favorite!
When it comes to a quick lunch or dinner that everyone can agree on, fish sticks meet the criteria. I take mine up a notch by making them in the air fryer.
Air fryer frozen fish sticks take just about 10 minutes to make, meaning you can get all your to-dos done plus have a meal on the table in no time.
❤️ Why You'll Love This Recipe!
Almost No Oil. The little or no oil required for recipes means I can cut down significantly on the calories, compared to deep frying. But I love that it still keeps the flavor of my favorite fried foods.
Super Crispy. Everything comes out crispy and crunchy, and it is so fast and convenient! It's a great way to get dinner on the table FAST!!
This is a simple meal to make, as you need just three things.
- Frozen Breaded Fish Sticks – I prefer Van de Kamp’s fish sticks, but you can choose another type if you desire. For larger fish sticks, an additional minute or two of cooking time should be added.
- Vegetable Oil – For the air fryer - just a light coating on the bottom of the air fryer basket so they don’t stick. Optionally, you can use an air fryer basket silicone insert.
- Dipping Sauce (optional) – I always serve my fish sticks with dip. They taste great with tartar sauce, ketchup, cocktail sauce, or a mustard-mayo mix. Homemade ranch dressing or honey mustard works too. Or try Bang Bang sauce if you like something sweet and spicy. Mix and match or do your own thing. There’s no wrong way to dip!
💭 Tips & Tricks
- Air Fryer Tips: When using your air fryer, remember not to use an aerosolized cooking oil spray. Pump it on or use a pastry brush to apply any oil required in the recipe. Many recipes state that no oil is needed for air fryer frozen fish sticks, but mine always get stuck without oil, so I recommend using a bit.
- Also, note that your air fryer may be different than the one I have at home, so use my instructions as a general guide, but follow the directions for your make and model, and keep an eye on your food as it is cooking, as always.
🔪 Step-by-Step Instructions
From freezer to feeding time, you will only spend 10 minutes waiting for your air fryer fish sticks as your mouth waters. No need to thaw. Don’t worry about thawing out the frozen fish sticks before cooking. The air fryer will do all the work for you.
- Lightly oil your air fryer basket or air fryer trays and portion out 8-12 frozen fish sticks (for 2 servings), placing them in a single layer, being sure not to crowd them, so all sides get nice and crispy-crunchy. If you want to make more than 12 fish sticks, you may need to do more than one batch, if your air fryer can’t accommodate them all at once without overlap or pileup.
- Set the air fryer to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) and air fry the fish sticks for 8 minutes. Flip them over to the other side and cook for 2-4 more minutes or until they are crispy. If you want them super crispy, leave in an extra minute or so. Pay attention so they don’t burn.
- Remove the fish sticks from the air fryer and serve right away with dipping sauce(s).
I sometimes serve my air fryer fish sticks with a side of coleslaw or French fries for my quick version of “fish and chips.” Enjoy!
🥡 Storing & Reheating
Store any leftover air fryer frozen fish sticks in the fridge for a few days or the freezer for longer. Wrap them in plastic wrap or aluminum foil, or place in an airtight container.
Reheating Leftover Fish Sticks
They taste best reheated in the air fryer, oven, or toaster oven rather than the microwave. Reheat the fish sticks in the air fryer so they are just as crispy the second time around. Return to your air fryer at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 5-6 minutes. Flip halfway through the cooking time for the very best crispy fish sticks.
I often make fish stick sandwiches with the leftovers, they’re delish!
😋 Other Great Air Fryer Recipes
Do you love a recipe you tried? Please leave a 5-star 🌟rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page.
Stay in touch with me through social media @ Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter! Don't forget to tag me when you try one of my recipes!
Air Fryer Frozen Fish Sticks
- 8-12 frozen breaded fish sticks
- dipping sauce (optional)
- Lightly oil your air fryer basket or trays then portion out your fish sticks and place them into your air fryer basket or onto trays in a single layer.8-12 frozen breaded fish sticks
- Set your air fryer to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) and cook the fish sticks for 8 minutes. Flip your fish sticks and continue cooking for an additional 2-4 minutes or until crispy. *If cooking in batches your fish sticks may cook faster in the following batches.
- Remove from the air fryer when done and serve immediately with your dipping sauce of choice (tartar sauce, cocktail sauce, ranch, honey mustard, or bang bang sauce).dipping sauce
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!