Here's what to serve with monkfish so that you can prepare a delicious and decadent dinner any time you want! This poor man's lobster is such a treat that it really needs to be paired with some fantastic side dishes! I've gathered up 11+ recipes that deserve to be served right alongside your mildly sweet monkfish!
Monkfish Side Dishes
Monkfish is a unique bottom dweller that lives in the North Atlantic Ocean. It is a tender and versatile fish, which makes it easy to cook and delicious to eat!
If you are serving monkfish for dinner and need a few sides to go along with it, don't worry! We have you covered with these perfect recipes below!
- Monkfish Side Dishes
- 1. Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice
- 2. Roasted Vegetable Medley
- 3. Wedge Salad
- 4. Roasted Broccoli with Garlic and Parmesan
- 5. Sautéed Mushrooms and Onions
- 6. Caprese Salad
- 7. Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- 8. Roasted Yellow Squash
- 9. Roasted Green Beans
- 10. Succotash
- 11. Creamed Kale
- 🐠 Delicious Fish Dinners
- 📖 Recipe Card
- What To Serve With Monkfish: Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice (+Other Delicious Ideas)
- Ingredients US CustomaryMetric
- 💬 Reviews
If you want to learn more about this truly delectable fish, check out my post which is all about monkfish!
1. Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice
We all love our Instant Pots, right? Well, now you are going to love it even more with our Instant Pot cilantro lime rice!
This tangy rice is perfect with monkfish and helps to keep you satisfied and full.
2. Roasted Vegetable Medley
We all need a healthy side dish to help us achieve our daily nutritional goals, which is why our roasted vegetable medley is perfect!
This veggie side dish is great when paired with monkfish and will have everyone in the family asking for more!
3. Wedge Salad
There are so many salads to choose from, so why not try our recipe for this fresh wedge salad?
Our wedge salad is great with monkfish and is super crisp and tasty!
4. Roasted Broccoli with Garlic and Parmesan
Do you want a side dish that tastes gourmet without the extra hassle? Then you must try our roasted broccoli with garlic and Parmesan.
This broccoli side dish is a wonderful pairing with monkfish and will have everyone begging for the recipe.
5. Sautéed Mushrooms and Onions
If you want a quick and easy side to make for dinner then you will love our sautéed mushroom and onion recipe.
This side dish helps balance out the delicious monkfish and will have your mouth watering with every bite.
6. Caprese Salad
I don't know about you, but I absolutely love a delicious Caprese salad. You will, too, once you try our perfect recipe!
This tangy Caprese salad is great with juicy monkfish and will become your new go-to recipe for dinner.
7. Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
Instant Pot mashed potatoes are perfectly creamy and full of flavor. This recipe is not only easy to make, but it's also easy to eat!
Pair these Instant Pot mashed potatoes with tender monkfish to have a full and hearty meal.
8. Roasted Yellow Squash
Roasted yellow squash is a divine culinary experience, our roasted yellow squash has the perfect texture and taste.
Serve this squash recipe with your favorite monkfish and dazzle the dinner table.
9. Roasted Green Beans
Roasted green beans are one of my favorite recipes to make for my family. They are healthy, yummy, and bold!
These roasted green beans are perfect with monkfish and will have your friends and family raving about your skills in the kitchen!
Succotash is the perfect blend of butter beans, corn, and bacon! This amazing side dish is hearty and flavored to perfection.
Serve this succulent succotash with savory monkfish and have yourself a full and balanced meal.
11. Creamed Kale
Creamed kale is unique, cheesy, and just what you need! You will love how the soft kale and creamy cheese blend together.
Serve this creamed kale with monkfish and have a flavor explosion in your mouth!
Which one of these amazing side dishes do you prefer to serve with your monkfish? Be sure to leave us a comment below and let us know!
🐠 Delicious Fish Dinners
- Butter Poached Monkfish - This monkfish dish truly showcases the similarity to lobster as it is poached in rich butter!
- Baked Monkfish - This easy-to-cook meal is so delicious that it will impress everyone who tastes it!
- Grilled Jamaican Jerk Red Snapper - This red snapper is coated in a wonderfully flavorful jerk seasoning for a super zesty fish meal!
- Broiled Mahi Mahi - This delicious fish dinner is ready in only 10 minutes!
- Panko Baked Cod - This baked fish is a simple, light, and healthy meal that is great for any night of the week!
- Air Fryer Salmon - Using your air fryer makes this delicious salmon meal extra effortless!
Do you love a recipe you tried? Please leave a 5-star 🌟rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page.
Stay in touch with me through social media @ Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter! Subscribe to the newsletter today (no spam, I promise)! Don't forget to tag me when you try one of my recipes!
📖 Recipe Card
What To Serve With Monkfish: Instant Pot Cilantro Lime Rice (+Other Delicious Ideas)
- Rinse your rice in a fine-mesh sieve until the water is no longer cloudy. Use your fingers or a spatula to turn the rice until it is well rinsed and the water runs clear.
- Transfer the rinsed rice into your instant pot and add the water. Make sure that there isn't any rice stuck to the inner pot of your instant pot (above the water line). Seal the lid securely.
- Set your instant pot using the manual function for 3 minutes cooking time on the high setting. *Your instant pot or pressure cooker will have a few minutes of heating time before it starts the cooking time.
- Allow the cooked rice to NPR (natural pressure release) for 10 minutes, then carefully vent the remaining steam.
- Fluff your steamed rice and stir in the cilantro, lime zest, lime juice, and optional coconut oil. Taste and add more lime juice or cilantro if desired, then serve immediately.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!