A crispy tortilla pizza is an easier and healthier alternative to a traditional pizza, with all your favorite pizza toppings! Perfect for lunch or dinner, these personal pizzas can be customized to your liking, and they only take a few minutes to make!
Make every night a pizza night with this easy recipe! Pizza nights were designed to be an easy way to feed a family in a short amount of time. With tortilla pizzas, weeknight, post-work meal prep can be just as easy with an extra delicious homemade result.
If you like thin crust, you’ll love the paper-thin, crispy tortilla as the base for your base. Mozzarella and Parmesan add the gooey, stringy cheese we all know and love. And salty pepperoni makes a mouth-watering topper.
You can’t get delivery fresh out of the oven, so why not make your own? It’s the perfect happy medium of time and quality. Plus, with individual pies, everyone gets what they want.
Unfortunately, tortillas get soft the next day, so don’t count on leftovers. You’ll have to eat these while they’re hot!
❤️ Why You'll Love This Recipe!
Personalize Them! Everyone can add their favorite toppings!
They’re Fresh! You have control over everything from the ingredients to when it comes out of the oven.
It's a Crowd-Pleaser! Who is going to turn down pizza?
These are all things I keep around the house on a normal day, so it’s an easy recipe to pull out when I want something simple. Except for the pepperoni. I might have to make a store run for that.
- 2 Flour Tortillas - You’ll need 8 to 10-inch, burrito-sized tortillas.
- ½ cup Pizza Sauce - Marinara is a delicious alternative. Either way, divide this into 2 portions.
- ½ cup Mozzarella - Shred it up, and divide it into 2 portions.
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese - Treat this the same as the mozzarella, shredded and divided.
- 24 slices Pepperoni - You can always add more depending on the size of your pepperoni. Divide these into 2 portions.
- Garlic Salt (optional) - Add this to taste.
*Be sure to see the recipe card below for ingredients, amounts & instructions!*
Vegetables - Add nearly any kind of vegetable for extra flavor and fill. Try to avoid those that get watery when cooked, like zucchini. Crunchy vegetables like broccoli and brussel sprouts should be roasted first. Get creative here! There are tons of things you can add outside the traditional toppings.
Pesto - Try swapping out the pizza or marinara sauce for basil pesto! It’s incredibly flavorful and will completely change up your pizza. I love making a pesto pizza with sun-dried tomatoes and mushrooms.
Chicken Bacon Ranch - Need I say more?! Slather on some ranch dressing and top it off with grilled chicken, crispy bacon, and cheese. Add some bright veggies to make it a well-rounded meal.
Meat - If you’re a meat lover, try different options on your pizza. Sausage is an obvious choice, but how about BBQ chicken, shredded pork, or bacon and feta cheese? The combinations are endless!
Add spice - For people who like a little heat, add some jalapeños, hot sauce, or sriracha! The latter two would be best added after cooking. Dried peppers are also great here. Take your pick!
Seasonings and herbs - Sprinkling on some seasoning can also change up the flavor. Herbs de Provence is a lovely addition to a pizza with chicken. Black pepper is always a good choice, and garam masala makes a delicious Indian-style pizza. Basil, thyme, rosemary, etc. Paint some roasted garlic or sage butter on the exposed crust for a mind-blowing taste.
🔪 Step-by-Step Instructions
There are only three easy steps! Get out a baking sheet, a pizza cutter, and a wooden spoon to begin.
- Prep your oven and your dough. Preheat your oven first. It should be set to 425℉ (218℃). Move the rack to the center of the oven and place a large baking sheet on it as the oven heats. Then, lay out 2 flour tortillas on a clean workspace. Smear ¼ cup pizza sauce over each.
- Add your toppings. Next, spread about ¼ cup mozzarella cheese on each tortilla. Then, do the same with ¼ cup each of Parmesan cheese. Top it with 12 slices of pepperoni each (or any of your favorite toppings). Sprinkle on some garlic salt to taste, if you’d like.
- Bake, slice, and serve. Transfer the assembled pizzas to the hot baking sheet and cook for approximately 5 minutes. Take it out when the cheese is melted and the tortillas are crisp. Let it cool for a couple of minutes. Then, slice and serve.
💭 Angela's Tips & Recipe Notes
- Use Gordita-style tortillas. If you want a sturdier pizza, use Gordita-style tortillas. You can skip the baking sheet and put them directly on the oven rack.
- Make it low-carb. For those who are limiting carbs, it’s no problem. Just swap out the regular flour tortilla for a keto, low-carb, or “carb smart” version depending on your needs.
- Keep it crispy. For an extra crispy crust, use less sauce. Tortillas pizzas don’t stay well after they’re cooked, so try to only make what you’re going to eat. If you must, keep them one day at the most and reheat in a toaster oven or under the broiler to try to crisp them up a bit.
🍕 More Tasty Pizza Recipes!
Yes. You can absolutely use a cast-iron skillet or oven-safe skillet. Heat it up the same way you would with the baking sheet. Just remember to brush one side of the tortillas before putting them in to cook, oil-side down.
Of course! There are no differences to be made in the recipe to adjust for this except the size of the baking sheet. If you use the convection setting, however, you will need to keep an eye on it. Convection typically takes less time to cook things.
Do you love a recipe you tried? Please leave a 5-star 🌟rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page.
Stay in touch with me through social media @ Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter! Don't forget to tag me when you try one of my recipes!
- 2 flour tortillas (8-10" burrito-sized tortillas)
- ½ cup pizza sauce (or marinara- divided into 2 portions)
- ½ cup mozzarella (shredded- divided into 2 portions)
- ¼ cup Parmesan (shredded- divided into 2 portions)
- 24 slices pepperoni (or more depending on the size of your pepperoni- divided into 2 portions)
- garlic salt (optional, to taste)
- First, preheat your oven to 425°F (218°C) with a large baking sheet on the center rack. While it preheats, place the two tortillas out on a clean work surface and spread ¼ cup pizza sauce evenly on each tortilla.2 flour tortillas, ½ cup pizza sauce
- Sprinkle half of the mozzarella, about ¼ cup, on each tortilla. Repeat with the grated Parmesan cheese then top with pepperoni slices (or any of your favorite toppings). If using the optional garlic salt, sprinkle it over everything to your preference.½ cup mozzarella, ¼ cup Parmesan, 24 slices pepperoni
- Carefully place the assembled tortilla pizzas onto the heated baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes. Once the cheese is melted and your tortilla is crisped remove it from the oven and allow it to cool for a minute or two. Slice and serve.
- Gordita style tortillas are sturdier and can be placed directly onto your oven racks.
- To make this low-carb, simply use keto, low-carb, or "carb smart" tortillas depending on your needs.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!