A crispy tortilla pizza is an easier and healthier alternative to a traditional pizza, with all your favorite pizza toppings! Perfect for lunch or dinner, these personal pizzas can be customized to your liking and only take a few minutes to make!
Make every night a pizza night with this easy recipe! Pizza nights were designed to be an easy way to feed a family in a short amount of time.
If you like thin crust, you’ll love the paper-thin, crispy tortilla as the base for your base. Mozzarella and Parmesan add the gooey, stringy cheese we all know and love. And salty pepperoni makes a mouth-watering topper.
You can’t get delivery fresh from the oven, so why not make your own? It’s the perfect happy medium of time and quality. Plus, with individual pies, everyone gets what pizza toppings they want.
These are all things I keep around the house on a normal day, so it’s an easy recipe to pull out when I want something simple except for the pepperoni.
- 2 Flour Tortillas - You’ll need 8 to 10-inch burrito-sized tortillas.
- ½ cup Pizza Sauce - Marinara is a delicious alternative. Either way, divide this into 2 portions.
- ½ cup Mozzarella - Shred it up and divide it into 2 portions.
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese - Treat this the same as the mozzarella, shredded and divided.
- 24 slices of Pepperoni - You can always add more depending on the size of your pepperoni. Divide these into 2 portions.
- Garlic Salt (optional) - Add this to taste.
*Be sure to see the recipe card below for ingredients, amounts & instructions!*
- Vegetables - Add nearly any kind of vegetable for extra flavor and fill. Try to avoid those that get watery when cooked, like zucchini. Crunchy vegetables like broccoli and brussel sprouts should be roasted first. Get creative here!
- Pesto - Try swapping out the pizza or marinara sauce for basil pesto! It’s incredibly flavorful and will completely change up your pizza. I love making a pesto pizza with sun-dried tomatoes and mushrooms.
- Chicken Bacon Ranch - Need I say more?! Slather on some ranch dressing and top it off with grilled chicken, crispy bacon, and cheese. Add some bright veggies to make it a well-rounded meal.
- Meat - If you’re a meat lover, try different options on your pizza. Sausage is an obvious choice, but how about BBQ chicken, shredded pork, bacon, and feta cheese? The combinations are endless!
- Add spice - For people who like a little heat, add some jalapeños, hot sauce, or sriracha! The latter two would be best added after cooking. Dried peppers are also great here.
- Seasonings and herbs - Sprinkling on some seasoning can also change up the flavor. Herbs de Provence is a lovely addition to a pizza with chicken. Black pepper is always a good choice, and garam masala makes a delicious Indian-style pizza. Basil, thyme, rosemary, etc. Paint some roasted garlic or sage butter on the exposed crust for a mind-blowing taste.
🔪 How To Make A Tortilla Pizza
There are only three easy steps! Get out a baking sheet, a pizza cutter, and a wooden spoon to begin.
- Prep your oven and your dough. Preheat your oven first. It should be set to 425℉ (218℃). Move the rack to the center of the oven and place a large baking sheet on it as the oven heats. Then, lay out 2 flour tortillas on a clean workspace. Smear ¼ cup of pizza sauce over each.
- Add your toppings. Next, spread about ¼ cup mozzarella cheese on each tortilla. Then, do the same with ¼ cup each of Parmesan cheese. Top it with 12 slices of pepperoni each (or any of your favorite toppings). Sprinkle on some garlic salt to taste, if you’d like.
- Bake, slice, and serve. Transfer the assembled pizzas to the hot baking sheet and cook for approximately 5 minutes. Take it out when the cheese is melted, and the tortillas are crisp. Let it cool for a couple of minutes. Then, slice and serve.
💭 Tips & Notes
- Sturdier Pizza Base: Opt for Gordita-style tortillas for a more robust pizza. These can be placed directly on the oven rack, eliminating the need for a baking sheet.
- Low-Carb Option: Easily adapt to a low-carb diet by substituting regular flour tortillas with keto, low-carb, or "carb smart" tortillas.
- Crispy Crust Tips: To achieve a crispier crust, minimize the amount of sauce used. Remember, tortilla pizzas are best enjoyed fresh. If you have leftovers, store them for no more than a day and reheat them in a toaster oven or under the broiler to regain some crispiness.
Yes. You can absolutely use a cast-iron skillet or oven-safe skillet. Heat it up the same way you would with the baking sheet. Just remember to brush one side of the tortillas before putting them in to cook, oil-side down.
Of course! There are no differences to be made in the recipe to adjust for this except the size of the baking sheet. If you use the convection setting, however, you will need to keep an eye on it. Convection typically takes less time to cook things.
🍕 More Tasty Pizza Recipes!
Do you love a recipe you tried? Please leave a 5-star 🌟rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page.
Stay in touch with me through social media @ Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter! Subscribe to the newsletter today (no spam, I promise)! Don't forget to tag me when you try one of my recipes!
📖 Recipe Card
- 2 flour tortillas (8-10" burrito-sized tortillas)
- ½ cup pizza sauce (or marinara- divided into 2 portions)
- ½ cup mozzarella (shredded- divided into 2 portions)
- ¼ cup Parmesan (shredded- divided into 2 portions)
- 24 slices pepperoni (or more depending on the size of your pepperoni- divided into 2 portions)
- garlic salt (optional, to taste)
- First, preheat your oven to 425°F (218°C) with a large baking sheet on the center rack. While it preheats, place the two tortillas out on a clean work surface and spread ¼ cup pizza sauce evenly on each tortilla.
- Sprinkle half of the mozzarella, about ¼ cup, on each tortilla. Repeat with the grated Parmesan cheese then top with pepperoni slices (or any of your favorite toppings). If using the optional garlic salt, sprinkle it over everything to your preference.
- Carefully place the assembled tortilla pizzas onto the heated baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes. Once the cheese is melted and your tortilla is crisped remove it from the oven and allow it to cool for a minute or two. Slice and serve.
- Gordita style tortillas are sturdier and can be placed directly onto your oven racks.
- To make this low-carb, simply use keto, low-carb, or "carb smart" tortillas depending on your needs.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!