We're sharing the very best crepe filling ideas to make your meals amazing, whether it's an everyday kind of breakfast or special occasion! From sweet to savory, fresh fruits, rich caramel, chocolate, or nutella to melted cheese, sauteed mushrooms and/or mushrooms, and much more!!
Best Fillings For Tasty Crepes
Do you love crepes? If so, you're in for a treat! In this blog post, we will be sharing some of our favorite crepe filling ideas. Whether you are looking for a sweet or savory option, we have you covered!
Crepes can be filled with just about anything, so get creative and serve up your tasty crepes as breakfast, lunch, dinner, or dessert! They're perfect for enjoying any time of day - so, what's not to love?!
What Are Crepes?
Crepes are a type of thin pancake that originated in France. They are made from a simple batter of flour, milk, eggs, and butter. crepes can be enjoyed sweet or savory.
What Types Of Fillings For Crepes?
When it comes to crepes, the possibilities are endless. Sweet or savory, breakfast or dinner, there's a crepe out there for everyone. And while the crepes themselves are delicious, it's the fillings that really make them shine. Here are just a few ideas to get you started:
So whatever your mood or craving, there's sure to be a crepe filling that hits the spot. So go ahead and experiment - after all, that's half the fun!
Savory Crepe Filling Ideas
For something savory, try a crepe filled with smoked salmon, cream cheese, and dill. It's light but satisfying and perfect for brunch or lunch. Another great option is ham, Gruyere cheese, and Dijon mustard. This one is hearty and warming, making it ideal for dinner on a cold night.
- Cheese & Ham
- Pan Fried Potatoes and Onions
- Spinach & Feta
- Salmon & Cream Cheese
- Sauteed Asparagus and Cherry Tomatoes
- Leftover Prime Rib
- Eggs, Bacon, and Cheddar
- Sauteed Mushrooms & Onions
- Goat Cheese
Sweet Crepe Filling Ideas
For the sweet tooth, try filling your crepe with chocolate hazelnut spread and bananas. Top it off with a sprinkle of powdered sugar for an extra touch of sweetness.
Or go for a classic with Nutella and strawberries. The key to this one is to let the strawberries macerate in sugar for a bit before adding them to the crepe, so they're nice and juicy!
- Cream Cheese Crepe Filling
- Nutella and Bananas
- Chantilly Cream
- Toffee Sauce
- Peanut Butter and Jelly
- Apple Curd
- Pineapple Curd
- Fresh Fruit or Pie Filling (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries)
- Whipped Cream
- Chocolate Chips
- Strawberry Coulis
- Roasted Berries
- Caramel or Dulce de Leche
🥞 Crepe Recipes To Enjoy!
The possibilities are literally endless! Let us know what your favorite crepe filling is in the comments below. Bon appetite!
Do you love a recipe you tried? Please leave a 5-star 🌟rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page.
Stay in touch with me through social media @ Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter! Don't forget to tag me when you try one of my recipes!
Best Crepe Filling Ideas: Panqueque Con Dulce De Leche (+More Tasty Recipes!)
Mix the Panqueques Batter (Crepe Batter)
- In a large mixing bowl, add the dry ingredients including all-purpose flour, sugar, and salt.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together to evenly distribute the sugar and salt.
- Add the wet ingredients including the milk and eggs.
- Mix the ingredients, whisking until the batter is smooth. *The batter should pour out from your ladle like heavy cream, neither too watery or too thick like pancake batter.
- Cover the bowl with plastic cling film, refrigerate, and set the batter aside to rest for 30 minutes, up to an hour, and even overnight.
Cook the Panqueques (Crepes)
- Heat your skillet or frying pan to medium heat. Once heated, lightly brush with butter or oil. *Reapply your butter or oil as needed between cooking the crepes.
- Whisk the batter before using as the flour will settle while the batter is resting. Use a ¼ cup measuring cup or ladle out the crepe batter onto your heated skillet or pan, then circle and tilt the pan to spread the batter out. Cook for about one minute on the first side, until golden in color and a spatula slides under the crepe edges (without sticking).
- Flip your crepe and cook the second side for about 1 minute or until a light golden browned color. Remove from heat and repeat with the remaining crepe batter. Stack the cooked crepes on top of each other on a plate until all of the crepes are cooked.
- Serve the crepes, either warmed or at room temperature, with a generous layer of dulce de leche spread onto each crepe. Roll, fold, or stack the crepes to serve. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar, whipped cream and fresh fruit, or heat the remaining dulce de leche to pour over each serving.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!