These Christmas M&M Cookies are everything you love about chocolate chip cookies with the colorful addition of red and green holiday M&M's ™ chocolate candies! The soft and chewy cookies are absolutely perfect with festive candy coated chocolates we all know and love!
Christmas M&M Cookies Recipe
The classic chocolate chip cookie is just so much more fun with bright red and green holiday M&Ms® candies! They're a perfect and easy Christmas cookie to make whether you're entertaining or sharing cookie baskets!
Now the question, do you like your cookies soft and chewy or golden and crispy? That's the raging debate in my household! I vote for soft, my husband votes for crispy, and our daughter is happy with either!
How To Make Christmas M&M Cookies
M&M's actually offer a variety of holiday colors and flavors. I'm opting for simple red and green candy coated M&Ms, although I prefer the mini's used here. Yummy!
- Start out with preheating your oven to 375ºF ( 190ºC ) and line a couple of baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat mats.
- In a large bowl, cream together the softened butter, sugar, light brown sugar, vanilla extract, baking soda, and salt until creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, and mix until the butter mixture is creamy again. Add the all-purpose flour gradually, mixing the dough until all of the flour has been incorporated. Fold in your holiday M&Ms until they are evenly distributed throughout the cookie dough.
- Chill the dough for 30 minutes, if there's time. Otherwise, portion the dough out in rounded tablespoon amounts and place on your baking sheets with 2 inches of spacing.
- Bake in the middle rack of your oven for 9 - 10 minutes, or until lightly golden on the cookie edges. *I like mine extra soft and a bit under-cooked. I check my cookies at 7 minutes. For my husband's crispy cookies, I'll back them for closer to 11 - 12 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 2 - 3 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
Storing & Freezing Your Christmas Cookies
Store your cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 -4 days. When stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator, the cookies will last up to one week. To keep your cookies as fresh as possible, you can place a piece of bread in the storage container with your cookies.
To freeze baked cookies, it is best to freeze them in an individual layer first. Place cookies on a baking sheet and freeze, then transfer the frozen cookies into an airtight container or freezer storage bag.
With either storage method, I suggest a sheet of parchment paper between the cookie layers in your containers.
Christmas M&M Cookies
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks unsalted butter - softened, at room temperature)
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 10 oz Christmas M&M candies
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, or the bowl of your stand mixer, cream together the softened butter, sugar, light brown sugar, vanilla extract, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and combine until the mixture is smooth again. Add the all-purpose flour gradually, mixing until all of the flour has been incorporated into the dough. Gently fold in the Christmas M&M candies until the candy is distributed evenly in the cookie dough.
- Portion out your Christmas M&M cookie dough using a rounded tablespoon amount, or a cookie scooper. Place each portioned dough ball onto the prepared baking sheets. Leave about 2 inch spacing between each cookie for spreading.
- Bake on the middle oven rack at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 9-10 minutes, or until lightly golden on the cookie edges. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!