This Boston Market Meatloaf Copycat Recipe is extremely easy to make, and even more flavorful!
Our family loves a meatloaf dinner from time to time, and this meatloaf offers a slightly sweet and tangy version of the classic favorite (plus, again, we live nowhere near any such place as Boston Market…there is no way to get a ‘fix’ other than to make it ourselves).
Another reason I love this meatloaf, is that it requires ingredients that are almost always on hand in our home. I always have onions, ketchup, barbecue sauce, and breadcrumbs (and usually some form of ground beef in the freezer).
With everything already in the pantry it’s a great choice for those nights when dinner hasn’t been planned.
Combine the Sauce for the Topping…
Start out by preheating your oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) and then combine the ketchup and barbecue sauce in a small bowl.
Set it aside for later.
Combine the Meatloaf Ingredients…
In a large bowl, combine the ground sirloin with the additional ingredients including tomato puree, toasted breadcrumbs, finely chopped yellow onion, salt, onion powder, pepper, and garlic powder.
Use your hands to work all of the ingredients together, but do it quickly to avoid overworking the meat.
Transfer the combined meatloaf ingredients into a loaf pan and shape so that the meatloaf is evenly spread through the pan.
Then use your fingertips and press down along the edges, all the way around the meatloaf to create a well for the grease (and make draining the meatloaf easier).
Cover the meatloaf in the loaf pan with aluminum foil.
Bake the Boston Market Meatloaf…
Bake the meatloaf at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 30 minutes, then remove the aluminum foil and drain off any excess grease if necessary.
Drizzle the combined topping sauce (ketchup and barbecue sauce) down the center of the meatloaf, but do not spread it out over the top of the meatloaf.
Return to the oven for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until the center is no longer pink.
Once done, remove from the oven (drain grease off again, if necessary) and serve immediately.
Boston Market Meatloaf Copycat Recipe
- 1 1/2 lbs ground sirloin
- 1/2 c tomato puree
- 1/2 c breadcrumbs (toasted)
- 1/4 c yellow onion (finely chopped)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 c ketchup
- 1/2 c barbecue sauce
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) and combine the ketchup and barbecue sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground sirloin, tomato puree, toasted breadcrumbs, finely chopped yellow onion, salt, onion powder, pepper, and garlic powder. Use your hands to thoroughly combine the ingredients, but do not overwork the meat.
- Transfer the meatloaf to a loaf pan, shape by making flat and even, then pressing your fingers down all the way along the sides (forming a well for any grease). Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil (and drain off fat, if necessary), and drizzle the combined topping sauce (ketchup and barbecue mixture) down the center of the meatloaf. Do not spread. Return to the oven and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until the center is no longer pink. Remove from the oven (drain fat again, if necessary) and serve immediately.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma’s kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!