This Asian-inspired Red Miso Roasted Cauliflower is packed with the hearty, rich flavor you would expect from kicking it up a notch with red miso paste!
Better yet, this is a quick side dish for any meal...mix up your sauce and toss some cauliflower to coat it, then roast until perfectly browned (and just a touch crispy!).
As if you need an excuse to make up this perfect side dish, it is a great way to use up any miso paste that you may have on hand.
We happened to have some of our favorite miso leftover after making an amazing miso-based coating for a red miso porterhouse steak this week!
Plus, I'm looking forward to a couple of my favorite miso broth soups to finish off this tub of red miso paste with 🙂
To Make Your Red Miso Sauce...
Combine all of your sauce ingredients (red miso paste, rice wine vinegar, sesame seed oil, and soy sauce) in a medium to large mixing bowl until smooth.
Roast Your Red Miso Cauliflower...
Chop your head of cauliflower into relatively bite sized pieces, if using fresh cauliflower (frozen works wonderfully as well, as you can see in the photos on this page).
Toss the chopped cauliflower pieces in the red miso sauce until thoroughly coated.
Once coated, spread the cauliflower pieces in a single layer on your parchment paper lined (or greased) baking sheet and roast at 450 degrees F (232 degrees C) for 30 minutes.
Remove the baking sheet at about 15 minutes into cooking, and turn the cauliflower pieces to ensure that they cook evenly.
They should be nicely browned and slightly crispy on the edges.
Garnish with chopped green onions and sesame seeds, then serve immediately.
Red Miso Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower (or one package frozen cauliflower)
- 2 tablespoon red miso paste
- 2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon green onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F (232 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium to large mixing bowl, combine the sauce ingredients: miso paste, rice wine vinegar, sesame seed oil, and soy sauce until smooth. Chop the head of cauliflower (if using fresh cauliflower) into relatively bite size pieces. Add the chopped cauliflower into the mixing bowl containing the red miso sauce and toss until thoroughly coated.
- Spread the chopped and coated cauliflower in a single layer on your parchment paper lined (or greased) baking sheet. Place on the middle rack in the oven to roast for 30 minutes, turning the cauliflower on the baking sheet at the half way point so that it cooks evenly.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until well roasted - should have some browned and slightly crispy edges. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and chopped green onions for garnish, then serve immediately.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!