Cooking frozen hamburgers in the oven is the fastest, easiest way to get a family meal (that could also feed a crowd) on the table in a hurry! When you're in need of a simple dinner in a hurry, this straight-from-the-freezer burger recipe is all you'll need to save the day!
Forget fast food. These hamburgers come right out of the oven piping hot and ready to satisfy any burger cravings.
There is nothing quite as classic to American cuisine as a hamburger. But don’t think you have to bust out the grill to achieve burger greatness. Using just your oven and a few ingredients, you can create juicy burgers that taste like they’re “right off the grill” in no time.
If you’re a burger-loving family, you’re going to love this simple dinner recipe. Whether it’s game day or a normal Friday, these burgers whip up in the oven in less than 30 minutes.
The best part is, you don’t have to worry about a greasy mess, either. The hamburger patties cook on a wire rack over a tinfoil-coated baking sheet. To clean, simply throw away the tinfoil. You can finally say goodbye to those awful grease splats (which always end in the eye - right?).
If you’re ready for burgers and have some frozen beef patties in the freezer, we’re ready to satisfy. Let’s dive in!
❤️ Why You'll Love This Recipe!
- So easy! You don’t have to be a professional to craft restaurant-style burgers. This burger recipe is great even for beginners with little to no experience.
- Three ingredients! Forget those lengthy, cumbersome recipes. With just three ingredients, you can create juicy burgers that satisfy a crowd.
- Healthier than fast food! If you’re a fast-food fanatic, you’ll be pleased to know you can enjoy the same great flavors without the unhealthy factor.
- Great in a pinch! The convenience of cooking frozen patties right out of the freezer makes these frozen hamburgers in the oven a last-minute lifesaver!
Can you believe this hamburger recipe only requires three ingredients? It’s shocking, yes, but it’s also true. Talk about a cheap and easy dinner for any busy weeknight!
- Frozen beef patties - Burgers wouldn’t be burgers without the meat. I recommend buying beef patties that are ⅓ to ¼ pounds for the best results.
- Hamburger buns - Let your palate be the master of your hamburger bun pick. Are you a potato bun lover, or do you prefer sesame seeds? Kaiser rolls? How about a pretzel bun, brioche bun, or ciabatta bun? There are no limits; buy your craving.
- Seasonings - It doesn’t take a whole lot to bring your burger to life. A pinch of salt and pepper is all it takes. But don’t hesitate to add your own flavor profile. Add depth with garlic and onion seasoning, or spice it up with some cayenne and paprika.
- (Optional) cheese - Not everyone likes a cheeseburger, and that’s okay. But if you’re looking for added flavor and juiciness, don’t forget the cheese! Cheddar cheese works best due to the tang, but you can easily use any type of cheese you want (American, Swiss, Blue, Gouda).
Your frozen hamburger patties can be whatever fat percentage you like. Choose leaner ground beef if you like, but higher fat content meat will result in juicier burgers.
I like Angus beef burgers, or burgers from ground chuck best. Look for a fat percentage of 80/20 or 85/15 when buying your beef patties.
This recipe works with other frozen patties too! You can choose turkey burgers, veggie burgers, or plant-based meat alternatives like Impossible burgers, Gardein, Boca, or Beyond Meat.
🔪 Step-by-Step Instructions
This recipe only requires three ingredients, and it cooks in less than 30 minutes. What more could you ask for? Well, how about super simple instructions, too? This recipe has you covered with just a few simple instructions even newbie chefs will conquer.
- Preheat & prep. Preheat your oven to 425°F (218°C) and spray or lightly grease a wire cooling rack with non-stick cooking spray. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil then place the rack onto your baking sheet.
- Season and set up burgers. Season the upward-facing side of your patties, then place them onto your prepared wire rack with the seasoned side facing downward. Leave some space between the patties for even cooking, then season the remaining side of your burgers.
- Bake & flip. Place in the center rack of your preheated oven and cook the burgers for 25 minutes. Flipping them after the patties have cooked for 15 minutes is optional (but I like to do this).
- Top with cheese & toast the buns. (Optional) Top each patty with a slice of cheese and return to the oven for 1-2 minutes until melted. You can also toast the buns on a lower oven rack while melting the cheese.
- Assemble. Remove from the oven when done and assemble burgers with your favorite toppings and condiments.
These burgers can be served with all of your favorite side dishes, from fresh garden salads to homemade (or store-bought) french fries or onion rings. You can go diner-style with a vanilla milkshake or recreate a BBQ inside with baked beans and potato chips.
💭 Angela's Tips & Recipe Notes
- For added ooey-gooeyness, build the burger with the fully-cooked patty, bun, and cheese. Wrap in tinfoil. Place inside of the oven for two minutes. Remove and unwrap. Enjoy a burger with a perfectly warmed and toasted bun and melted cheese. Yum!
- This is a great way to servee ALOT of burgers at once, with little planning needed. No need to adjust your cooking times, just pile as many hamburgers on the rack as needed.
- You can also make frozen hamburgers in the air fryer! Depending on your basket, you may be limited to one or two patties at a time. Set the air fryer to 375°F and bake for around 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
🥡 Storing & Reheating
This recipe will make six hamburgers (you can easily double or triple if you’re cooking for a larger crowd). If you end up with leftovers, you can always store them and reheat them later.
Hamburgers should be stored in an airtight container or wrapped tightly with tinfoil. Place them in the fridge for up to three days.
It is not recommended to re-freeze burgers as they have previously been frozen.
There are many options for reheating these hamburger patties. You can preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and let them heat up for a few minutes, or you can save yourself some time by warming in the microwave for 20 to 30 seconds.
😋 More Great Recipes
My recipe recommends cooking the frozen burgers in the oven for 25 minutes at 425°F (218°C - flipping halfway through the cooking time). However, everyone’s ovens are different, and you may need to add or subtract five minutes.
Also, cook time can be altered depending on the desired level of “doneness.”
I don’t recommend cooking frozen hamburgers in the oven at 350F. However, if your oven doesn’t go that high or you prefer a lower degree, then you should expect your burgers to be done closer to 30-35 minutes.
Check the burgers' internal temperature. They must be cooked to 160°F (71°C) or more.
No, flipping burgers in the oven is optional. Since the burgers are sitting on a wire rack above the baking sheet, hot air will circulate over and around the entire surface of the burger.
I prefer added crispiness and enjoy the flavor and texture of the burger best when flipped halfway through.
Do you love a recipe you tried? Please leave a 5-star 🌟rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page.
Stay in touch with me through social media @ Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter! Don't forget to tag me when you try one of my recipes!
Frozen Hamburgers In The Oven
- 6 frozen beef patties (⅓ to ¼ pound burger patties)
- ¼ teaspoon each, salt & pepper (to taste)
- 6 hamburger buns
- 6 slices cheddar cheese (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (218°C) and spray or lightly grease a wire cooling rack with non-stick cooking spray. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil then place the rack onto your baking sheet.
- Season the upward-facing side of your patties, then place them onto your prepared wire rack with the seasoned side facing downward. Leave some space between the patties for even cooking, then season the remaining side of your burgers.6 frozen beef patties, ¼ teaspoon each, salt & pepper
- Place in the center rack of your preheated oven and cook the burgers for 25 minutes. Flipping them after the patties have cooked for 15 minutes is optional (but I like to do this).
- (Optional) Top each patty with a slice of cheese and return to the oven for 1-2 minutes until melted. You can also toast the buns on a lower oven rack while melting the cheese.6 hamburger buns, 6 slices cheddar cheese
- Remove from the oven when done and assemble burgers with your favorite toppings and condiments.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!