With my easy air fryer lamb chops, you can have a delicious gourmet dinner ready to serve in less than 20 minutes! This quick and easy air fryer recipe is practically hands-off, and it produces lamb chops that are cooked to perfection every time!
Elegant, tender, and juicy lamb with tons of flavor in under 20 minutes!
There’s something about lamb chops that I've always associated with gourmet restaurants. It’s not every day I eat them, so any time I do, it feels like a special occasion!
This recipe only calls for 3 ingredients: lamb, oil, and a lamb rub. My lamb rub recipe combines the flavors of parsley, rosemary, sage, onion powder, oregano, orange pool, and paprika. It’s a mountain of flavors that blend perfectly for this dish.
Throw some candles on the table and make it a date night, or make enough for the family holiday party! Either way, air fryer lamb chops are a quick way to make an impression.
They’re savory and smoky all at the same time! Now go turn your kitchen into a 5-star restaurant.
❤️ Why You'll Love This Recipe!
Practically No Cleanup! Just wash your air fryer basket and your tongs!
Versatility! You can use this recipe to make a satisfying meal with any of your favorite sides!
It's Flavorful! I’m partial, but I love all the spices in my lamb rub!
3 ingredients and an air fryer. It’s as simple as that!
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil - Oil helps the spices stick and will brown the meat in your air fryer.
- 1 tablespoon Lamb Rub - Check out my tasty lamb rub recipe, or use your favorite brand.
- 1 pound Lamb Chops - This comes out to about 4-6 lamb loin or leg chops.
*Be sure to see the recipe card below for ingredients, amounts & instructions!*
🔪 Step-By-Step Instructions
For this recipe, you’ll need an air fryer, silicone kitchen tongs, and a meat thermometer. Just season your chops and put them in to cook!
- Season your lamb chops. Start by drying 1 pound of lamb chops with paper towels. Then, coat them with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Sprinkle ½ tablespoon lamb rub over one side of the chops, and place them seasoned-side-down in the air fryer basket. Next, season the side facing up with the other ½ tablespoon of lamb rub.
- Cook them. Place the full basket in the air fryer and cook at 400℉ (205℃) for 4 minutes. Then, flip the lamb chops and cook for another 4 to 5 minutes.
- Rest and serve. When the meat is cooked to desired doneness (*see note), move the lamb chops to a plate or cutting board. Using a piece of aluminum foil, loosely cover the meat and let it rest for 5 minutes.
When serving, garnish with a sprig of fresh rosemary for some added visual appeal. Air fryer lamb chops go well with practically anything, but these are some of my favorites: baked sweet potatoes, succotash with butter beans and bacon, and buttered peas and carrots. Enjoy!
💭 Angela's Tips & Recipe Notes
- Pick your cut based on your taste. Lamb leg chops are typically more expensive than lamb loin chops but are less gamey-tasting. Consider this when choosing your meat.
- Add sesame oil. To cut down on the gamey flavor of the lamb, add a drop of sesame oil to the olive oil you use to coat the chops.
- I've found that both my basket style and convection oven style air fryers cook the lamb chops at approximately the same time. 2-4 quart air fryers may take longer, while the extra large air fryers (up to 12 quarts) will cook things much quicker!
- Cooking in batches or preheating your air fryer reduces the cooking time slightly. Watch closely when your air fryer is already HOT!
- Follow USDA safety guidelines. Lamb should reach 145℉ (63℃) at the center of the thickest part of the chops when done. Remember, they will keep cooking and increase another 5℉ after being removed from the heat. If you’d prefer a different degree of doneness, see the following:
- Rare: 120℉ to 125℉ (49℃ to 52℃)
- Medium-rare: 125℉ to 130℉ (52℃ to 54℃)
- Medium: 130℉ to 135℉ (54℃ to 57℃)
- Medium-well: 135℉ to 140℉ (57℃ to 60℃)
- Well-done: 140+℉ (60℃)
🥡 Storing & Reheating
Leftovers are best stored in a covered container for 3 to 4 days.
To freeze, wrap with foil and put in a freezer bag or airtight container. Make sure to use or discard your frozen leftover lamb within 2 to 3 months.
Thaw frozen lamb chops in the fridge overnight before reheating.
Reheating Air Fryer Lamb Chops
Simply pop your lamb chops back into the air fryer (or an oven) for 10 to 15 minutes at 325℉ (163℃)! When using the oven method, remember to tent a piece of foil over them if using the oven.
🥩 More Tasty Lamb Recipes!
Air Fryer Lamb Chops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lamb rub (see recipe, or use your favorite brand)
- 1 lb lamb chops (6 lamb loin chops or lamb leg chops)
- Pat your lamb chops dry using paper towels and coat them with olive oil. Season one side of the lamb chops, then place them in the fryer basket with the seasoned side down and season the opposite side.1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon lamb rub, 1 lb lamb chops
- Cook the lamb chops in your air fryer for 4 minutes at 400°F (205°C). Open the fryer basket, flip the lamb chops, and continue cooking for 4-5 additional minutes.
- Once cooked to desired doneness (*see note), transfer the lamb chops to a plate or cutting board. Cover the air fried lamb chops loosely with a square of aluminum foil, and allow them to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- The cut of lamb you choose plays a large factor in how gamey your meat is. Lamb leg chops generally cost more than lamb loin chops but taste less gamey.
- Adding a drop of sesame oil to your olive oil will help cut down on the gamey flavor of lamb.
- Per USDA food safety guidelines, lamb should be 145°F (63°C) when done. However, if you would like a different degree of doneness (keep in mind they will continue to cook 5°F more after removed from heat) they are as follows :
- Rare: 120°F-125°F
- Medium-rare: 125°F-130°F
- Medium: 130°F-135°F
- Medium-well: 135°F-140°F
- Well-done: 140+°F
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!