Air fryer frozen popcorn chicken is the fastest, easiest way to get your fried chicken fix without having to do any prep at all! Tyson's frozen popcorn chicken is cooked until incredibly crispy in the air fryer, so you get all that delicious crunch without any of the excess grease from frying!
You’ll love just how crispy and crunchy air fryer popcorn chicken gets in just 10 minutes!
Popcorn chicken is one of my favorite snacks of all time! It’s crunchy, savory, and perfectly snackable. They’re also great for an appetizer, lunch, or even a quick and easy dinner.
Kids of all ages will love how amazing this meal is – no one will ever know it’s straight from the freezer!
The air fryer heats the chicken all the way through and gives the breading the perfect crunch without using any extra oil! It’s my favorite way to heat up frozen popcorn chicken and it’s sure to be yours too.
❤️ Why This Recipe Works!
Done in No Time! If you’re making one batch of this popcorn chicken, it’ll be done in 10 minutes!
Super Satisfying! Popcorn chicken can be an incredibly satisfying lunch or afternoon snack!
Perfect for Parties! Whether it’s a kid’s birthday party, or a game day potluck, popcorn chicken should always be on the menu!
For this recipe, use your favorite store-bought frozen popcorn chicken! Brands like Purdue, Tyson’s, even your favorite grocery store’s label are all great options.
- 1 pound frozen Popcorn Chicken – With this amount you’ll likely have to work in batches to get all the chicken air fried.
- Dipping Sauce – Use your favorite dipping sauce here! BBQ, honey mustard, buffalo, or even sweet chili sauce all work fantastically with popcorn chicken.
*Be sure to see the recipe card below for ingredients, amounts & instructions!*
The air fryer is what makes the popcorn chicken so amazing! If you have a convection oven, you can also use that to achieve similarly crispy results but be sure to adjust the cooking time as needed.
- Preheat air fryer. Begin by preheating your air fryer to 400°F (205°C)(See Note). Once your air fryer is fully preheated, add in 1 pound of frozen popcorn chicken to the basket in a single layer so they cook evenly. If needed, add the popcorn chicken in batches so you don’t overcrowd the air fryer, as that will make the chicken less crispy.
- Air fry popcorn chicken. Once you’ve gotten all the chicken in an even, single layer, cook the popcorn chicken for 10 minutes at 400°F (205°C). Make sure to stop halfway through to shake or flip the chicken. When it’s done, remove the popcorn chicken from the air fryer and serve right away with your favorite dipping sauces.
Ridiculously easy air fryer frozen popcorn chicken is the perfect light lunch or snack! Turn it into a meal with my air fryer frozen French fries, onion rings or another great side! Enjoy!
💭 Tips & Notes
- Don’t skip preheating the air fryer! When the air fryer is preheated, the popcorn chicken turns out crispier, faster.
- Add a few extra minutes to make the chicken extra crunchy! If you like super crispy, crunchy popcorn chicken, add about 1 to 2 extra minutes to the total cooking time.
- Cook times may vary! Depending on your type of air fryer and the size and brand of the popcorn chicken, you may need to add or subtract a few minutes from the cooking time.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer! Make sure the popcorn chicken is in a single layer and there is a little space between each piece, so the chicken gets perfectly crispy.
🥡 Storing & Reheating
Leftover frozen popcorn chicken can be stored in an airtight container or storage bag and refrigerated for 3 to 5 days. The longer it sits, however, the more difficult it will be to make get it crispy again.
Reheating Popcorn Chicken
You can reheat leftover popcorn chicken right in the air fryer! Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (205°C), then put the popcorn chicken in an even layer and air fry for 5 to 10 minutes or until the pieces are crispy and heated all the way through.
😋 More Easy Air Fryer Recipes!
Do you love a recipe you tried? Please leave a 5-star 🌟rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page.
Stay in touch with me through social media @ Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter! Subscribe to the newsletter today (no spam, I promise)! Don't forget to tag me when you try one of my recipes!
📖 Recipe Card
Air Fryer Frozen Popcorn Chicken
- 1 lb frozen popcorn chicken
- dipping sauce (your favorite)
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F (205°C) (*see note). Once preheated, add frozen popcorn chicken to the basket in a single layer so they cook evenly. Work in batches if needed.
- Cook for 10 minutes at 400°F (205°C), stopping halfway through to shake or flip the chicken.
- Remove the popcorn chicken from the air fryer and serve right away with your favorite dipping sauces.
- Don't skip preheating your air fryer! Preheating makes these turn out crispier, faster.
- For extra crispy chicken add 1-2 minutes to cooking time.
- Cook time can vary depending on your air fryer and the size and brand of the popcorn chicken.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!