When you feel the need for peanut butter sweets, these Peanut Butter Oatmeal No Bake Cookies will satisfy your craving! Literally packed with peanut buttery goodness, with a soft texture and just the right amount of chewiness thanks to the quick oats!
I have always found it amusing that the kids, when given a choice between these peanut butter oatmeal no bake cookies and the classic chocolate no bake cookies, will always pick one or the other as a favorite. Rarely do I ever hear that both versions are liked equally from anyone! Of course, when either is served the plate is clean in a matter of minutes. I take these to Lauren's classroom all of the time, have taken them to potlucks and church fellowship gatherings so many times that I can say quite positively that our peanut butter oatmeal no bake cookies will not last long wherever you serve them either 🙂
Peanut Butter Oatmeal No Bake Cookies
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup butter (salted, one stick)
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups quick oats (do not use old fashioned or steel cut oats)
- Heat a medium saucepan with the butter, sugar and milk over medium high to high (enough to bring the syrup to a boil). Stir frequently to prevent burning!
- Once the butter is melted and the syrup has reached a full rolling boil, cook at a boil for 1 full minute then remove from heat.
- Add the vanilla and peanut butter and stir to combine with the syrup. Then add the quick oats and stir until mixed thoroughly and the oats are evenly coated.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper and allow to cool and set up for at least one hour. I usually make my no bake cookies in the evening to allow the peanut butter oatmeal no bake cookies to set up completely overnight.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!