Learn how to freeze no bake cookies so that you can enjoy them later or go ahead and prepare them ahead of time! This article will show you the best method for keeping your cookies as fresh as possible! From freezing to thawing, I will let you know everything you need for success!
Guide To Freezing No-Bake Cookies
No-bake cookies are one of my favorite sweet treats to make! They are so easy and simple to whip up and don't even require using the oven.
I like to make a big batch of no-bake cookies and then store some in the freezer so that I can enjoy them whenever I like! In this article, I'm going to show you exactly how to freeze your no-bake cookies!
- Guide To Freezing No-Bake Cookies
- Can You Freeze No-Bake Cookies
- How To Freeze No-Bake Cookies
- How To Thaw No-Bake Cookies
- How Long Can No-Bake Cookies Be Frozen
- Tips For Freezing No-Bake Cookies
- 🍪 No-Bake Cookie Recipes
- 📖 Recipe Card
- How To Freeze No-Bake Cookies (The Ultimate Guide): Chocolate Oatmeal No Bake Cookies
- 💬 Reviews
If you love no-bake cookies as much as I do, make sure to check out this roundup of all of my favorite no-bake cookie recipes!
Can You Freeze No-Bake Cookies
Yes, you can absolutely freeze no-bake cookies! Plus, it isn't even a hard or complicated thing to do! Storing your cookies in the freezer is a great way to get a maximum shelf life out of them!
I will say that there are a ton of different kinds of no-bake cookie recipes out there. You should always read and follow the recipe that you are working with. If your recipe states that the cookies cannot be frozen due to some ingredients in them, then you should trust the recipe.
How To Freeze No-Bake Cookies
Freezing no-bake cookies is a hassle-free task. Just follow these simple steps!
- Set. After you have prepared your cookies, make sure you give them plenty of time to cool and set.
- Place. Line a baking sheet with some parchment paper and place the no-bake cookies onto the sheet so that they aren't touching.
- Pre-freeze. Transfer the tray to the freezer and allow the cookies to freeze for about 2 hours.
- Transfer. Next, remove the cookies from the freezer and place them into a zip-top storage bag or sealed container (if using zip-top bags, I recommend wrapping your cookies individually in plastic wrap).
- Package. If you are layering your cookies, place a sheet of wax or parchment paper in between them.
- Label. Label and date your package so you know when to enjoy your cookies by.
- Store. Keep the cookies stored for up to 6 months for best results.
How To Thaw No-Bake Cookies
One of the great parts about freezing no-bake cookies is that you don't actually have to let them thaw out. Feel free to enjoy them frozen!
Additionally, you can transfer your cookies to the refrigerator for a few hours (or overnight) and enjoy them chilled.
Finally, these are also a kind of dessert that can be thawed at room temperature!
How Long Can No-Bake Cookies Be Frozen
In general, your no-bake cookies will be tasty for 6 months in the freezer. While they won't necessarily go bad after this time-frame, the texture and taste may start to change.
Tips For Freezing No-Bake Cookies
- Don't allow your cookies to touch while they are initially freezing or you'll have to deal with the hassle of trying to break them apart.
- In an airtight container, your no-bake cookies can last for up to a week at room temperature before you decide to freeze them.
- You can thaw your cookies any way you like! Enjoy them frozen, chilled, or at room temperature!
Now you know the best method for freezing your no-bake cookies! Leave a comment down below and let me know your favorite no-bake cookie recipe!
🍪 No-Bake Cookie Recipes
- No-Bake Pumpkin Cookies - These fall-inspired cookies are packed with delicious pumpkin flavor!
- Chocolate Peppermint No Bake Cookies - These delicious cookies are perfect for winter or Christmas time!
- Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies - For all of the peanut butter lovers out there, this recipe is for you!
- No-Bake Haystack Cookies - These cookies feature chow mein noodles, peanuts, butterscotch, and peanut butter!
- No Bake Butterscotch Cookies - Butterscotch gets a chance to shine in these rich and delicious cookies!
- Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies - Is there even a more classic combination than peanut butter and chocolate?
Do you love a recipe you tried? Please leave a 5-star 🌟rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page.
Stay in touch with me through social media @ Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter! Subscribe to the newsletter today (no spam, I promise)! Don't forget to tag me when you try one of my recipes!
📖 Recipe Card
How To Freeze No-Bake Cookies (The Ultimate Guide): Chocolate Oatmeal No Bake Cookies
- Combine the butter, sugar, and milk in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium high to high heat (enough to bring the syrup to a rapid boil). Stir frequently to prevent burning or boiling over!
- Once the syrup is at a full rolling boil, stir and cook for 1 minute then remove from heat.
- Add the vanilla and cocoa, stir until the syrup is smooth. Add the quick oats and stir until evenly coated with the syrup.
- Drop tablespoon sized portions onto waxed paper, use the back of a spoon to make cookie shaped (rather than a no bake cookie mound) if desired. Allow to set up for one hour.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!