Perfectly cooked shrimp, pasta and fresh greens are coated with a butter garlic sauce with just the right amount of white wine to lighten it up. If you love shrimp recipes try my tasty Garlic Shrimp Alfredo Bake!
Garlic Butter Shrimp Pasta Recipe
Our family simply loves seafood and raves about this Garlic Butter Shrimp Pasta with White Wine Recipe! It’s such a quick dish, and it will make you look like a genius when you serve this aromatic delight.
Very similar to shrimp scampi, the butter-based sauce is complimented beautifully with a nice dry, white wine (we like Pinot Grigio with our seafood). Plus, the added flavor of the cherry tomatoes (or grape tomatoes) along with your fresh greens like the baby spinach and arugula used here (we frequently substitute baby kale in this when we cannot find arugula – or just load it up with baby spinach!).
Garlic Butter Shrimp Pasta Ingredients
You will need raw shrimp, garlic, butter, white wine, baby spinach and baby arugula, cherry tomatoes, fresh parsley and thyme, Parmesan and Asiago cheese, white wine (we used Pinot Grigio) and seasoning including salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes.
To Make Garlic Butter Shrimp
Start with mincing the garlic and either cutting the cherry tomatoes in half (as pictured) or quarters.
Cook the noodles, drain and rinse them and set aside.
Preheat a large skillet to medium heat and melt 2 Tbsp of the butter.
Add the minced garlic, thyme and seasoning: salt, pepper, oregano and crushed red pepper flakes.
Stir the seasoning and garlic frequently for approximately one minute.
Then add the sliced cherry tomatoes and cook for an additional minute.
Add the shrimp and chopped parsley to the skillet and continue to cook at medium heat.
Cook for 1-2 minutes before adding the white wine of your choice, preferably a dry variety that is not sweet.
Once the wine is added and brought back up to a simmer (about one minute), you can add the remaining 6 Tbsp of butter and the baby spinach and baby arugula.
Let the leaves of the baby spinach and baby arugula begin to wilt by cooking for an additional minute and then stir in cooked linguine and grated Parmesan cheese.
Garnish with freshly shredded Asiago cheese and additional chopped parsley (if desired).
Garlic Butter Shrimp Pasta with White Wine Recipe
- 1 lb raw shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 8 Tbsp butter (1 stick or 1/2 cup - divided into 2 Tbsp and 6 Tbsp portions)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp thyme (fresh, chopped)
- salt & pepper (to taste, we only used about 1/4 tsp of each)
- 1/2 c cherry tomatoes (sliced into halves or quarters)
- 1 Tbsp parsley (fresh, chopped)
- 1/2 c white wine (Pinot Grigio - preferably a dry wine, and not sweet)
- 1 c baby arugula
- 1 c baby spinach
- 6 oz linguine (cooked, drained and rinsed)
- Cook noodles, drain, rinse and set aside. Preheat large skillet to medium high heat.
- Melt 2 Tbsp of the butter in preheated skillet, add minced garlic, fresh thyme and seasoning: oregano, crushed red peppers, salt & pepper (to taste). Stir frequently and cook for approximately 1 minute then add cherry tomatoes and cook an additional minute.
- Add shrimp and chopped parsley, cook for 1-2 minutes then add white wine and bring back up to heat (about 1 minute).
- Add the remaining 6 Tbsp of the butter, the baby spinach and baby arugula, and cook until the leaves of the fresh spinach and arugula are beginning to wilt. Stir in pasta and add Parmesan cheese. Top with Asiago cheese and garnish with more parsley (optional).
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma’s kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!