McDonald's popular The Travis Scott Burger is a hearty upgrade to the everyday Quarter Pounder featuring thick sliced applewood smoked bacon and two slices of American cheese! Topped with pickles, lettuce, onion, ketchup, and yellow mustard it's no wonder this special offer menu item was such a hit!!
A Homemade The Travis Scott Burger is an Easy Family Pleasing Dinner!
Anyone who is a fan of McDonald’s or has been following almost any social media outlet in the last year has heard of the Travis Scott Meal! The well-known rapper and songwriter partnered with the famous burger chain in 2020 and they created his ultimate burger meal as an advertising campaign.
The movement exploded over Tik-Tok, probably because the public loved seeing a celebrity promoting an everyday product, instead of luxury goods. Plus, it's a yummy upgrade on the standard Quarter Pounder!
Suddenly EVERYONE had to have the Travis Scott burger, so of course, I had to try my hand at a copycat version from home! It only takes about 15 minutes to make this satisfying burger with all of the fixings and I am not too proud to say that my recipe is a dead ringer for the McDonald’s Travis Scott burger!
There are some pretty standard burger toppings needed, plus a nice beefy quarter-pound patty! Don't forget to get some sesame seed buns for the most restaurant-like copycat burger!
- Sesame Seed Hamburger Bun - The Pepperidge Farms buns are the most like McDonald’s!
- Applewood Smoked Bacon - Choose the thick-cut style - the applewood gives the bacon a sweet, caramelized flavor.
- Ground Beef - For the juiciest and most flavorful burger, choose meat that is 70% lean and 30% fat. I'm using 80/20 ground chuck in this burger.
- Salt & Pepper - To taste, I like a dash of paprika on my burgers too!
- American Cheese - This is the classic cheese for an American burger, but personally, I prefer a sharp cheddar on my hamburger!
- Ketchup - Nothing beats classic Heinz ketchup, in my opinion.
- Yellow Mustard - This is traditional burger mustard, but wholegrain or Dijon mustard will kick it up a notch!
- White Onion - Of course, yellow onion is just as good but red onions are my fave for burgers!
- Dill Pickle Slices - The ripple-cut, round pickles from a jar are perfect.
- Lettuce - Iceberg lettuce shreds the best, but Romaine and leaf lettuce can also be used.
🔪 Step-by-Step Instructions
Heat up your frying pan and get ready to enjoy this bacon and cheeseburger! In no time at all, your family will be thanking you for this perfect burger!
- If you like a toasted bun, start with placing the 2 sides face down in a dry pan or skillet on medium heat until lightly toasted. You can also spread some butter with garlic powder, which will melt for added flavor on your buns. Place the first slice of American cheese on the bottom half of the heated bun (right when you remove it from the pan) during this step, if desired. Set aside.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and place the bacon strips in to crisp them up. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes on each side. Then put the cooked bacon on a plate or tray lined with paper towels to soak up the extra grease.
- You can make your quarter-pound burger patty while the bacon is cooking. Make a round ball with the ground beef, then flatten it into a perfect circle. Sprinkle the top of the burger with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the seasoned side face-down in the pan, then add salt and pepper to the other side of the meat. Cook the burger for 3 - 4 minutes on each side, over medium-high heat.
- When the patty is almost completely cooked, lay the second piece of American cheese on the patty to melt. Placing a metal cover over the pan for 30 seconds or so will speed the melting along. Remove from the heat and get ready to assemble the burger!
- Transfer the cooked burger onto the bottom half of the bun that has the cheese melted onto it. Now there is cheese on both sides of the burger!
- Next, lay the bacon over the top of the burger patty and cheese, then sprinkle with shredded lettuce.
- On the top half of the bun, place about a tablespoon each of ketchup and mustard. Set the pickles and onion on next and close the burger. Serve immediately.
If you want to make your entire meal a true Travis Scott Special, you will want to serve this delicious burger with a Sprite, and french fries dipped in barbecue sauce. As Travis says about this meal, “It’s LIT!”
*For that fast-food style 'steamed bun' effect from being wrapped in their paper packaging, microwave the whole burger for 30 seconds.
Travis Scott Burger (McDonald's Copycat)
- 1 sesame seed bun
- 2 slices applewood smoked bacon (thick cut)
- ¼ lb ground beef (shaped into a patty)
- each, salt & pepper (to taste)
- 2 slices American cheese
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon white onion (diced)
- 3-4 dill pickle slices (ripple-cut style)
- shredded lettuce
- If desired, toast the buns first in a dry skillet or frying pan over medium heat. Spread softened butter seasoned with garlic salt onto the buns before toasting or toast them plain. Once lightly golden remove the buns and set them aside. *You can place the bottom slice of American cheese onto the bottom bun to melt while the bun is hot and right out of the skillet.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and crisp the bacon up. Place bacon strips into your heated skillet or frying pan and cook for 2-3 minutes per side. Remove the cooked bacon and place them onto a paper towel-lined plate or tray.
- While the bacon is cooking form your quarter-pound burger patty. Form the round, then flatten into a nice patty. Season the upward-facing side with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the burger patty into your heated skillet or frying pan with the seasoned side facing downward. Season the remaining side now and cook the quarter-pound burger patty over medium-high heat. Your patty will take about 3-4 minutes per side.
- When your burger patty is almost done cooking, add the second slice of American cheese to the patty and allow it to melt. Once melted, remove from heat and assemble your burger.
- Start with your bottom bun that has a slice of cheese already in place. Transfer the cooked quarter-pound burger with cheese and place it onto the bottom bun.
- Place the cooked bacon strips over the burger with cheese and then top it with shredded lettuce.
- To the top bun, add the tablespoon each of ketchup and yellow mustard. Place the sliced pickles and onions into the condiments and close your burger. Serve immediately.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!