If you love Mongolian Beef as much as we do, you will love this Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef!
This recipe is super easy and tastes incredible! Any night of the week, just add the ingredients to your crockpot and set the heat to high for an easy dinner ready in two hours.
There's minimal prep, just slicing a few green onions and your beef. Add everything to your crock pot and let it do it's thing! Voila! You're free to do whatever else needs to be done in the meantime...if you're like me that means alot.
Some nights are just hectic with taking care of a family, pets, and the property. Since we bought our new mini-farm we are doing a ton (literally!) of cleanup from the generational family that owned the farm site originally. Plus, the property was vacant for a few years so there's overgrown plants and gigantic acre+ yard that needs to not only be maintained but transformed into as close as 'maintenance free' as possible 🙂
So yes, I love slow cooker meals even in the summertime!
This slow cooker version of Mongolian Beef is a favorite of all my quick slow cooker meals. So much so that I can't believe it wasn't one of my first posts here on Bake It With Love!
Either way, here it is now along with a short walk-through video and I hope you get a chance to try it out soon.
Crockpot Mongolian Beef
- 1 ½ lb flank steak (or thin sliced top sirloin)
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup water
- ½ Tbsp ginger (fresh, grated)
- ½ Tbsp garlic (minced)
- ½ cup brown sugar (we used light, but dark brown sugar works best)
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 2 green onions (sliced, more for garnish if desired)
- Combine sauce ingredients in your slow cooker/crock pot: soy sauce, water, fresh ginger, minced garlic, brown sugar, crushed red pepper flakes, cornstarch. Stir until well combined. Add sliced beef, stir until well coated with the sauce. Add sliced green onions and stir all of the ingredients together once more before cooking.
- Heat on high heat for 2 hours, or on low heat for 4 hours. Serve over a bed of rice, and garnish with additional sliced green onions and/or sesame seeds (if desired).
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!