Forget bland chicken breasts, instead, try my million dollar baked chicken breast that is covered in melted cheese and has tons of flavor! With crispy bacon and 3 different cheeses, you'll never have boring chicken for dinner again!
Cheesy Million Dollar Chicken
If you're wondering why it's called 'million-dollar baked chicken breast', it's because it tastes like a million bucks! It's also so easy to throw together, that you'll feel like you hit the jackpot.
It's no surprise that people often get tired of chicken, but trust me, this is recipe is one for the books. The creamy, cheesy, bacon topping is so awesome you will want to make it again and again!
This recipe calls for pretty simple ingredients. You can always use your preferred brands, or check the descriptions below for my recommendations!
- Bacon- 8 strips of bacon crisped and chopped (thick cut is best).
- Chicken Breasts - 2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- Cream Cheese - 8 ounces of softened cream cheese (1 brick, *see note).
- Mayonnaise - ¼ cup of mayonnaise. I believe brand matters with mayo and Hellmann's Best Foods or Duke's are the best!
- Mozzarella Cheese - 1 cup of shredded mozzarella.
- Cheddar Cheese - ½ a cup of shredded cheddar, sharp is best.
- Green Onions - ¼ cup, sliced.
- Salt & Pepper - To taste.
*Be sure to see the recipe card below for ingredients, amounts & instructions!*
🔪 Step-by-Step Instructions
This recipe isn't just incredibly tasty, it's incredibly easy! Grab a 9x13 baking pan, a mixing bowl, rubber spatula, a cutting board, and a sharp knife.
- Crisp. Begin by preheating your oven to 350°F (175°C). Meanwhile, use the time to crisp 8 strips of bacon.
- Prep. Rinse 2 pounds of the chicken breasts under cool water and pat them dry with paper towels. If needed, trim any excess fat. Then arrange them in an even layer in your baking dish.
- Combine. In your medium-sized mixing bowl, combine 8 ounces of softened cream cheese, ¼ cup mayonnaise, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, ½ cup cheddar cheese, ¼ cup green onions, and salt & pepper to taste.
- Top the chicken. Use your rubber spatula to spread the cheese mixture over the chicken breasts in an even layer. Then, top with any remaining cheddar cheese if desired.
- Bake. Place the chicken in the oven and bake at 350°F (175°C) for 30-40 minutes, or until the internal temperature of your chicken breasts is at least 165°F (74°C). Check a chicken breast in the center of the dish for doneness by either cutting into it or using a meat thermometer.
- Serve. Remove the baking dish from the oven and serve immediately. Garnish with additional bacon and green onions when serving.
If you want to keep dinner simple, some quick and easy sides like crispy roasted red potatoes and sauteed green beans would make a good choice. A little ranch dressing always makes it a hit with the kiddos. Enjoy!
💭 Angela's Tips & Recipe Notes
- Butterfly large chicken breasts. My 2 pounds of chicken usually has somewhere between 3-6 breasts. Larger pieces can be cut in half (butterfly-style) or pounded out to be thinner cutlets.
- Cut the calories! To lessen the calories, use less cream cheese. You can go so far as to cut the amount in half!
- To soften cream cheese, set it at room temperature for about 30 minutes prior to mixing the ingredients.
- Don't like mayo? You won't taste it in this recipe, trust me!
- Storing: Leftover million-dollar baked chicken breasts can be kept in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days. I don't recommend freezing this recipe because the texture of the cream cheese will change significantly.
- Reheating: To reheat the chicken set your oven to 350°F (175°C). Place the chicken on a baking sheet and bake until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C), usually 20-30 minutes depending on size.
🍗 More Chicken Dinners!
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Drumsticks
- Baked Avocado Chicken
- Crock Pot Chicken and Gravy
- Chicken Mandi
- Chicken and Peppers
- Bisquick Oven Fried Chicken
Do you love a recipe you tried? Please leave a 5-star 🌟rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page.
Stay in touch with me through social media @ Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter! Don't forget to tag me when you try one of my recipes!
Million Dollar Baked Chicken Breast
- 8 strips bacon (thick cut is preferred, crisped and chopped)
- 2 lbs chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- ½ cup cheddar cheese (shredded, sharp cheddar is best)
- ¼ cup green onions (sliced)
- each, salt & pepper (to taste)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) while you crisp your bacon.8 strips bacon
- Prepare your chicken breasts so that they have been rinsed and pat dry using paper towels. Trim any excess fat as needed. Arrange in an even layer in the bottom of your baking dish.2 lbs chicken breasts
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, mayonnaise, mozzarella and shredded cheddar cheese (reserve half the cheddar for topping the dish if desired), chopped bacon, sliced green onions, salt, and pepper.8 oz cream cheese, ¼ cup mayonnaise, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, ½ cup cheddar cheese, ¼ cup green onions, each, salt & pepper
- Spread the cheese mixture over the chicken breasts in an even layer and top with remaining cheddar cheese if desired.
- Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 30-40 minutes, or until the internal temperature of your chicken breasts is at least 165°F (74°C). Check the chicken for doneness at the thickest point of one of the pieces toward the center of the dish.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately. Garnish with more crumbled bacon and sliced green onions when serving.
- My 2 pounds of chicken breasts can yield anywhere between 3-6 pieces of boneless, skinless chicken breast. If you end up with larger chicken pieces, I would suggest cutting them in half (butterfly-style) or pounding them out into thinner cutlets.
- 8 ounces of cream cheese is equal to 1 package (1 brick).
- You can opt to use less of the cream cheese, even half as much, to reduce the overall calories per portion of this chicken recipe.
- Soften your cream cheese at room temperature by setting it out for about 30 minutes before mixing with ingredients.
- Mayo brands matter (at least to me)! Use the best of the mayonnaise brands like Hellmann's Best Foods, or Duke's.
- Have a member of the family that doesn't like mayo? That's me too! Trust me, they won't know there's any in the meal.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!