This fall favorite Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte combines espresso, milk, pumpkin puree, and fantastic pumpkin spices like cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, and cloves! The rich and creamy pumpkin spiced drink is an irresistible treat no matter the time of year!
How I love my friends that look forward to fall season - or fall flavors! Without fail, every year, I have a set of friends that are hounding me for 'off season' treats and fun stuff to make and enjoy. Everything pumpkin is anxiously awaited!
I do know how they feel though, as I'm one of the people that counts down the days to Christmas starting in July. So, even though I laugh at my friends that have early onset pumpkin fever (I mean if Halloween costumes and candy aren't in the stores yet, it's early right?!) I totally get it!
Even better, the smell of pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice is a welcome herald to the autumn season! Serve up this delicious drink iced, hot, or skinny with whatever 'extra' you love and save yourself the trip to the coffee shop!
🤔 What is an Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte
The pumpkin spice latte is an espresso drink that was launched by Starbucks in 2003 and has gained so much of a following that it is now affectionately known as a 'PSL'. The store launched the pumpkin spice latte to only 100 stores initially, and it grew in popularity so fast that the following year it was offered nationwide.
An iced pumpkin spice latte is the cold version of the very popular PSL. Getting your pumpkin spice latte served over ice is as simple as asking for it from your barista!
McDonald's and Dunkin Donuts have their own PSL versions, but I know that the homemade lattes are just better. They're quick and can be made whenever the craving hits you!
❔ What Does a Pumpkin Spice Latte Taste Like?
A pumpkin spice latte has a good amount of coffee flavor with a hint of pumpkin flavor and warm pumpkin pie spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, and cloves. Depending on the sweetener used (honey, maple syrup, or brown sugar) you will also detect those flavors in the drink.
My homemade iced lattes are just like the hot version but poured over ice after blending. I have always enjoyed the subtle flavors that complement the espresso or strong brewed coffee so very well!
This super easy-to-make pumpkin-spiced delight comes together in just minutes! Grab a blender and your favorite espresso or coffee to get this iced coffee drink started!
You will need the following ingredients to make your pumpkin latte:
- Espresso - A wonderfully strong espresso is my favorite, however, any coffee will do! Brew your coffee nice and strong to use about a ¼ cup for each latte, or use about a ½ cup at regular strength. Instant coffee can also be used as your latte base.
- Milk - Any milk will work, dairy or non-dairy! I am using 2% milk, but skim milk or whole milk even half & half can be used. Your favorite almond milk, coconut milk, soy milk, oat milk, or cashew milk are also great options!
- Pumpkin Puree - A small portion of canned or homemade pumpkin puree to add to the greatness of this fantastic latte!
- Maple Syrup - Any of your favorite sweeteners can be used to make your lattes. Use maple syrup, honey, brown sugar, sugar, stevia, or swerve. I like the hint of maple from the syrup the most, followed by the added molasses flavor from brown sugar. Yum!
- Vanilla Extract - Just a small teaspoon portion of vanilla to help bring out the fruity pumpkin flavor! Other extracts could be used like maple extract or almond extract, but start with a smaller amount and add more as needed. You don't want to overpower the coffee and pumpkin spice goodness!
- Pumpkin Pie Spice - A delicious blend of warm baking spices that can be used to flavor your latte and as garnish!
- Ice - The last bit needed to make your 'iced' pumpkin spice latte. Simply omit for a hot latte when the weather starts leaning toward winter weather rather than the brisk days of fall!
A pinch of salt is an additional option, as it highlights the pumpkin-coffee-cream flavors. Everyone here is happy with or without salt, which way do you prefer your lattes?
Garnish your tasty latte with delicious homemade whipped cream (I added some more pumpkin spice to the stabilized whipped cream and it was dreamy!). Sprinkle a pinch of additional pumpkin pie spice over your whipped cream and then serve with a cinnamon stick.
🔪 Step-by-Step Instructions
Once you have all of your ingredients gathered and your blender ready, follow these instructions to make your iced pumpkin spice lattes:
- Brew your espresso or coffee, then set aside to cool.
- Add all of the ingredients (espresso, milk, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and pumpkin pie spices) to your blender, minus the ice.
- Cover with a tight fitting lid and blend until smooth and frothy.
- Pour the blended latte into a glass filled with a handful of ice. Garnish with whipped cream, spices, and cinnamon stick if desired.
Did you make a big batch of this latte? I certainly do! Any of your remaining blended iced pumpkin spice lattes can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
🎃 More Great Pumpkin Recipes
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are a pumpkin obsessed chocolate lover's dream!
- Pumpkin Streusel Bread is the absolutely perfect combination of tender and moist pumpkin bread and crunchy, sweet brown sugar streusel! And it's a versatile recipe! Bake it in an 8 x 8 square cake pan for an equally perfect pumpkin coffee cake!
- Pumpkin Zucchini Muffins are the most wonderful pumpkin muffins featuring the best flavors of fall and late summer! The perfectly moist muffins are sure to please the entire family!
- Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice is the best way to get large-batch fall baking underway! Blend your own batch up, and double or triple (or more) the quantity as fits your seasonal baking routine! The spice blend is easy to store away for later use!
Do you love a recipe you tried? Please leave a 5-star 🌟rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page.
Stay in touch with me through social media @ Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter! Don't forget to tag me when you try one of my recipes!
Iced Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 2 shots espresso (or ¼ to ½ cup strong brewed coffee, cooled)
- 1 cup milk (or half & half, almond milk, coconut milk)
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or honey, or brown sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (see recipe)
- ice (for serving)
- whipped cream (optional, garnish)
- Make your espresso or brew some strong coffee. Set aside to cool.
- In a blender, add the espresso, milk, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and pumpkin pie spice (see recipe - or use your favorite warm spices).
- Blend until the latte is smooth. It will also get frothy during blending. Taste and adjust spices, pumpkin, or sweetener as needed.
- Pour the blended latte into a glass filled with ice, and top with whipped cream and a pinch more pumpkin pie spice if desired.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!