A quick and easy Beef Stroganoff Pot Pie, the perfect use for any leftovers from your Beef Stroganoff dinner! Such a ridiculously easy dinner that tastes out of this world delicious! There are never complaints when this rustic pot pie comes out of the oven…
Beef Stroganoff Pot Pie Recipe
We’ve included our basic savory tart dough instructions, which can be easily modified to include your favorite seasoning(s) at your home. It’s pretty quick to get it together, then refrigerate while you get everything else ready. Roll it out and fill it up, bake it and serve!
To Make the Beef Stroganoff Sauce Mixture…
Combine our easy beef stroganoff recipe (minus the noodles) with thawed peas and carrots in a medium bowl.
Set aside until the tart dough is ready.
To Make the Savory Tart Dough…
Grab your food processor (mine’s at my home in MN, so believe me a stand mixer works too!) and combine the flour, garlic powder, parsley or chives, and butter by blitzing in short pulses.
If your butter starts to heat up or melt, refrigerate the contents of your work bowl for 10-15 minutes and then go back to working the butter to pea-sized crumbles in your flour mixture.
Add the ice water, and quickly pulse again until a loose dough is formed. Crumbly is OK, it doesn’t have to hold together yet…
Transfer your dough to a lightly floured work surface and gather up the dough into a rough ball and place onto a sheet of plastic wrap.
Press the dough down a to 1-1 1/2 inch thick disc shape and cover with the plastic wrap.
Refrigerate for at least an hour.
Remove the chilled dough from the refrigerator and roll out into a large rectangle, ideally long enough to line both the inside of the tart pan or quiche dish and to cut out the top circle as well. The dough can be rolled out a second time to make the pot pie topping, but should not be rolled out more than twice as it will be tough, rather than tender and flaky.
Assembling the Beef Stroganoff Pot Pie…
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) and line your tart pan or quiche dish with the bottom layer of tart dough, cut in a circle about 2 inches larger than the upper lip of your dish (flip it over to cut around it).
Place the bottom layer in your pan and press it down to fully cover the bottom and fit along the edges. Trim the excess dough, leaving at least a 1/4 inch above the upper lip of your tart pan or quiche dish to firmly seal the pot pie after the top is added.
Add the beef stroganoff pot pie filling mixture and then place the top piece of tart dough over the pot pie. Trim excess dough, again leaving at least a 1/4 inch to seal with the bottom piece of dough.
Squeeze the bottom piece lip to the top piece and roll the edge under all the way along the edge of the tart pan or quiche dish.
Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 45-55 minutes (this may vary, depending on the size of your pot pie).
Cook until the top and (visible) sides are completely golden and browned.
Remove from the oven when done and allow to cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Beef Stroganoff Pot Pie
- 3 c beef stroganoff sauce (see recipe)
- 1 1/2 c peas and carrots (frozen mixture, thawed)
- 1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c butter (cold, cubed)
- 4 Tbsp ice water
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 Tbsp parsley or chives
Beef Stroganoff Sauce Mixture
- See our easy homemade beef stroganoff recipe (omit the noodles). Add the thawed peas and carrots and stir to combine.
Savory Tart Dough (for 9-11 inch tart shell)
- In a food processor, combine the flour, garlic powder, parsley or chives, and butter using short pulses until crumbly pea sized butter chunks are formed. Refrigerate as necessary to keep the butter cold, between pulses.
- Add the ice water and quickly pulse to form a loose dough. Transfer the dough to a lightly floured work surface and pull the dough together into a ball. Place the dough ball onto a sheet of plastic wrap and flatten into a disc shape that is about 1-1 1/2 inches in thickness. Wrap up in the plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Roll out the chilled dough into a large rectangle, about an 1/8 of an inch in thickness. Ideally it would be a large enough rectangle that you can form both the circle for the inside of your tart pan or quiche dish and for the topping. If not, the dough can be re-rolled once for the top piece of the pot pie.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) and line your tart pan or quiche dish with the bottom layer of the tart dough. Trim the excess dough, leaving about a 1/4 inch above the top of your tart pan or quiche dish.
- Fill with the beef stroganoff sauce mixture. Place the top portion of savory tart dough over the pot pie, and fold over the bottom dough rolling it under as you go around the edge of the pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 45-55 minutes or until completely golden brown (depending on the size of your pot pie). Remove from the oven when done and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma’s kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!