The classic bay breeze cocktail combines the flavors of coconut, cranberry, and pineapple to make a sweet, fruity, and tart summer drink! Its tropical, summer flavors make it great for a girl’s night or lounging by the pool! After one sip of this vibrant drink, it will become your new go-to summer cocktail!
Malibu Bay Breeze Cocktail
The bay breeze cocktail is a simple mixed drink containing either vodka or rum, cranberry juice, and pineapple juice. I love to use Malibu rum for my bay breeze because it adds the tropical coconut flavor!
Not only is this cocktail tasty and refreshing, but it’s easy to make! It only uses 3 ingredients!
The bay breeze cocktail began in the late 1940s. A low desire for cranberries (caused by cranberries containing traces of herbicides) had caused great issues with farmers and their ability to sell cranberries.
In an attempt to sell more cranberry juice, Ocean Spray used cocktail recipes as advertising, thus creating the bay breeze cocktail! Additionally, this is the same marketing push that also created today’s version of the sea breeze cocktail!
- Ice – Ice for your highball glass.
- Malibu Rum – 1.5 ounces of Malibu rum.
- Cranberry Juice – 3 ounces of cranberry juice.
- Pineapple Juice – 1.5 ounces of pineapple juice.
- Lime – Optional lime wedge for garnish.
*Be sure to see the recipe card below for ingredients, amounts, & instructions!*
All you're going to need for this fruity, summer cocktail is the rum, juices, and a highball glass! You won't need any bartending tools!
- Fill. First, fill your highball glass with ice.
- Pour. Next, add 1.5 ounces of Malibu rum, 3 ounces of cranberry juice, and 1.5 ounces of pineapple juice. Stir gently to combine.
- Garnish. Add a lime wedge for a garnish, if desired.
Enjoy your bay breeze while it is nice and chilled, immediately after making.
🥂 Cocktail Tips & Variations
- Using a chilled glass is my favorite way of making this cocktail!
- A pineapple wedge and cherry would also make a great garnish!
🍲 Foods To Serve With
- Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- Hawaiian Burger
- Creamy Coconut Shrimp
- Baked Mahi Mahi
- Raspberry Crepes
❓ Is A Bay Breeze Made With Vodka Or Rum?
Either one! A bay breeze cocktail can be made using either vodka or coconut rum, depending on your personal preference!
❓ Can You Make A Virgin Bay Breeze Mocktail?
Of course! For the bay breeze to be non-alcoholic, leave out the Malibu rum and you’ll be left with a sweet and fruity drink with only the pineapple and cranberry juice!
❓ What Does A Bay Breeze Cocktail Taste Like?
The bay breeze cocktail is slightly sweet and a tad bit tart. It has the flavors of coconut, cranberry, and pineapple!
Bay Breeze Cocktail
- 1.5 oz Malibu rum
- 3 oz cranberry juice
- 1.5 oz pineapple juice
- lime (optional, wedge for garnish)
- Fill a highball glass with ice.ice
- Pour the Malibu rum, cranberry juice, and pineapple juice into the glass and stir gently to combine.1.5 oz Malibu rum, 3 oz cranberry juice, 1.5 oz pineapple juice
- Garnish with a wedge of lime and enjoy.lime
Equipment You May Need
- I love a chilled glass when making this bay breeze cocktail.
- A pineapple wedge and cherry would also make a great garnish for this cocktail.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!