Try this sweet and tangy Balsamic Glazed Pork Chops Recipe when you're feeling the need for a pork chop dinner! This pan seared pork dinner is on the table in no time and super easy to make!
Balsamic Glazed Pork Chops Recipe
I don't know what it is lately, as I have never been a fan of mustard (and still don't want it on my food) but I am loving mustard mixed into my glazes and gravies these past few months. Especially with pork...pork chops, pork medallions, pork loins.
You name it, I want to incorporate some mustard into the meal. And I love the tangy flavor of Balsamic vinegar, so it's the star of the marinade and glaze!
How To Make Balsamic Glazed Pork Chops
Start off by making the marinade and glaze. In a bowl large enough to hold all four of your pork chops, combine the olive oil, Balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, coarse ground Dijon mustard (we used the German stone ground mustard by Ingelhoffer), minced garlic, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper.
Stir all of the ingredients together until well combined, then place the pork chops in the marinade and refrigerate for at least thirty minutes. Several hours of marinading is better, but the shorter half hour works in a pinch.
Heat oil in a large skillet or frying pan to medium high heat and fry the pork chops, cooking them for about 3 - 4 minutes per side until starting to get a caramelized browned color ( on top of the brownish color they have taken on from the marinade ).
Set the marinade aside until both sides of the pork have cooked, then add the marinade into the pan or skillet over and around the pork chops.
Cook the pork chops with the glaze for an additional 3 minutes. The sauce should only thicken slightly.
Remove the pork chops from the pan and serve immediately, pouring the glaze over the chops when serving, if desired.
Balsamic Glazed Pork Chops
- 4 pork chops
- 2 Tbsp olive oil (extra virgin - 2 portions, 1 Tbsp each)
- ½ cup Balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard (recommend Ingelhoffer brand stoneground mustard)
- 1 ½ Tbsp garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 pinch each, salt & pepper
- In a bowl large enough to hold your 4 pork chops, combine the marinade ingredients: (olive oil, Balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, Dijon mustard, minced garlic, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper). Stir to combine, then place the pork chops into the bowl and marinade refrigerated for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet or frying pan, with the second portion of oil to medium high heat. Remove the pork chops from the marinade and place them in the pan to cook. Set aside the bowl of marinade to add later.
- Cook the pork chops until they take on a brown coloring (they will already be slightly brown due to the marinade), about 3-4 minutes per side. After cooking both sides, add the marinade into the skillet or frying pan around the pork chops and allow to cook for about 3 additional minutes. The glaze will thicken slightly.
- Remove the pork chops from the pan, serve immediately. Pour the glaze over the pork chops when serving (if desired).
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!