We totally splurged on fresh seafood last week, and will be getting all of the fun recipes up soon starting with these super fresh White Wine Steamed Littleneck Clams!
These are always a hit, and are my husband’s favorite of all seafood meals (the lobster was for me, although our lobster risotto is a close second favorite seafood dish for him)!
The clams are perfectly steamed with water, white wine and chopped onions and then paired with drawn butter when served.
Add a few fresh lemon wedges and some garlic bread to go with your heaping pile of clams to top off a super seafood night!
I mentioned that this seafood order was a splurge, and I do mean that. Since we live in the Midwest, fresh coastal seafood is hard to come by but we love it.
So, when we do order seafood (thank you clam man for always sending delicious seafood!!) we make it a pretty good size order to offset the cost of overnight shipping…keep an eye out for the lobster and cod dishes coming soon (I’ll post them below).
How To Steam Clams
- In a large stock pot – add the water, wine, and onion and bring to a boil.
- Add the cleaned fresh littleneck clams (steamer clams work too).
- Cook at a low boil for 5-10 minutes, or until all of the clam shells have opened.
- Remove any clams that have not opened and discard them.
- Serve immediately.
Steamed Littleneck Clams (steamed with white wine and onion)
- 4 lbs steamer clams (fresh, scrubbed to remove sand)
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup white wine (dry)
- 1/2 small white onion (chopped)
- In a large stock pot - add the water, wine, and onion and bring to a boil. Add the cleaned fresh littleneck clams (steamer clams work too). Cook at a low boil for 5-10 minutes, or until all of the clam shells have opened.
- Remove any clams that have not opened and pry open using a knife, if they smell bad discard them. Serve immediately.
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma’s kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!