This pina colada mocktail will give you all of the tropical vibes that you get from a traditional pina colada, but without the alcohol! Sweet coconut, fruity pineapple, and citrusy lime juice come together to make this refreshing and popular drink! Top it with a pineapple wedge and you’re ready to kick back and relax!
Best Virgin Pina Colada Mocktail
No matter your reasoning, sometimes drinking alcohol is not on the agenda, but you still want to be able to enjoy your favorite drink! My pina colada mocktail is so tasty and creamy that you won’t even care that it's non-alcoholic!
This mocktail is quick and easy to make with just a few ingredients. It’s perfect for vacation or a day by the pool!
The famous pina colada was invented in Puerto Rico in the 1950s. It was created by a bartender at the Caribe Hilton hotel. The original drink that was created actually didn’t contain any alcohol and was served as a refreshing milkshake!
Of course, rum was added and the pina colada was born! The cocktail was so popular that it was named the official drink of Puerto Rico after only 35 years!
- Ice – Enough ice to fill your glass.
- Cream of Coconut – 1½ ounces of cream of coconut.
- Pineapple Juice – 1½ ounces of pineapple juice.
- Lime Juice – ½ ounce of lime juice.
- Pineapple Wedge (optional) – For garnish.
- Pineapple Leaf (optional) – For garnish.
*Be sure to see the recipe card below for ingredients, amounts, & instructions!*
For this tasty pina colada mocktail, you’re going to need a cocktail shaker and a hurricane glass. You can even throw on a cocktail umbrella for a little extra fun!
- Fill. To begin, fill a cocktail shaker half full with ice and then add 1½ ounces of cream of coconut, 1½ ounces of pineapple juice, and ½ ounce of lime juice.
- Shake. Next, cover and shake vigorously for 20-30 seconds.
- Strain. Strain the pina colada mocktail into a hurricane glass filled with ice.
- Garnish – If desired, garnish with a pineapple wedge and leaf and enjoy while cold.
🥂 Cocktail Tips & Variations
- Round pebble ice is best for your pina colada mocktail, but if you don’t have it, regular ice will do.
- A cherry would also make a great garnish for this cocktail!
🍲 Foods To Serve With
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp Pasta
- Creamy Coconut Shrimp
- Baked Tuna Steaks
- Pan Seared Mahi Mahi
- Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- Air Fryer Frozen Jalapeno Poppers
❓ How Do You Make A Virgin Pina Colada?
A virgin pina colada consists of cream of coconut, pineapple juice, and lime juice that has been shaken and then strained into a glass of fresh ice. Yum!
❓ Is Coconut Cream or Milk Better For A Pina Colada?
Technically, either would work. However, coconut cream is better because it gives your pina colada mocktail a rich and creamy consistency! Additionally, coconut cream has a much more prominent flavor than coconut milk and makes your drink taste extra delicious!
❓ Is A Pina Colada Hawaiian?
Nope! Pina Coladas are widely popular in Hawaii, but they are actually from Puerto Rico! Either way, you can still enjoy this tropical drink no matter where you are!
Pina Colada Mocktail
- 1½ oz cream of coconut
- 1½ oz pineapple juice
- ½ oz lime juice
- pineapple wedge (optional, garnish)
- pineapple leaf (optional, garnish)
- maraschino cherry (optional, garnish)
- Fill a cocktail shaker half full with ice and then add the cream of coconut, pineapple juice, and lime juice.ice, 1½ oz cream of coconut, 1½ oz pineapple juice, ½ oz lime juice
- Cover and shake vigorously for 20-30 seconds.
- Strain the pina colada mocktail into a hurricane glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with a pineapple wedge and leaf and enjoy while cold.pineapple wedge, pineapple leaf
- Round pebble ice is best for your pina colada mocktail, but if you don't have it available, regular ice will do.
- A cherry also makes a cute garnish for this drink!
Angela is an at home chef that developed a passion for all things cooking and baking at a young age in her Grandma's kitchen. After many years in the food service industry, she now enjoys sharing all of her family favorite recipes and creating tasty dinner and amazing dessert recipes here at Bake It With Love!